Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a fellow canadian, and have my delivery date with the VIN in the MSRP area (total bill)
I had a call this morning from Tesla asking what dealer i'd like to receive my car at.
I also tried to get an insurance quote, but the VIN didn't generate anything, They did tell me it seems it's a foreign Vin or a commercial vin.
I think the canadian x's will be here end of april as 23-29
I'm taking delivery of my red and white 5 seater LR with 20s April 19th in Toronto. Confirmed with vin.

Curious when a lot of these Canadian folks ordered? Lot of folks don’t have the order date in their signature.

Feels like they made 5 seaters for USA for 6 weeks and now it’s Canada and then 7 seaters for USA.
You're trying to make sense of a blackbox locked in a maze in the dark upside down.

Just got vinned for plaid. I was originally a 119k plus 7bseat order and they called for free switch to 6 seat and I agreed but price now is all current price. Did anyone else have this and was the final price at delivery adjusted in some way? At what point should the correct price be communicated? Have to wait until deliv?
Thanks for any info.
(And yes I'll update xls)

• Love
Reactions: Zygote1975
Let me make sure I understand what’s about to happen over the next two months…

Slowly and steadily people with “July” EDDs and more profitable cars will start to get VINs. To prevent absolute mutiny Tesla will sprinkle in some of the older orders. Then with about 4 weeks left in the quarter a bunch of “October” EDDs will start to get frantic texts, VINs, updated EDDs, etc. It will turn out that 60-75% of it doesn’t materialize. The ones that do take delivery will receive hastily-assembled cars laden with issues.

Then the quarter will end and all will go quiet again.

Am I missing anything?

Have my first movement! Black plaid coming to Minnesota.
9E769584-316C-4797-86C4-E788B7BC2451.jpeg

Just got vinned for plaid. I was originally a 119k plus 7bseat order and they called for free switch to 6 seat and I agreed but price now is all current price. Did anyone else have this and was the final price at delivery adjusted in some way? At what point should the correct price be communicated? Have to wait until deliv?
Thanks for any info.
When they gave me the switch they said it would reflect normal pricing until a week or so before delivery (im guessing around actual build time)

More likely a complete and utter lack of ANY chargers out that way. I was looking at Electrify America and they're roughly 4+ years behind Tesla's network. Now, I acknowledge they're not the only vendor on the market, but it's clear that if we end up with an onslaught of non-Teslas on the road and the charging network isn't up to snuff, they'll be begging for government intervention to open up Tesla's network - not necessarily a bad thing, but not a good thing if we can't get a charging session either.

I know there's supposed to be some kind of discussion ongoing with the government, although the details aren't there.
if Elon opens Teslasuperchargers to all EVs, there will be serious competition for space at the chargers, esp on east and west coasts or in Midwest, where 6 slots is best I’ve seen.

I drove my Tesla across the US, it was rare to see other TEslas at superchargers in the midwest. People came up to me asking what I was doing when i was supercharging.

Gas was also very cheap in the midwest. As I went toward California, the gas prices just kept climbing and climbing. I had no need for CCS but would still buy an adapter just in case. For most people, they charge at home so never really need to supercharge. West coast has a lot of supercharging wait times I guess because many people don't have charging infrastructure at home or their rental/apartment

Reactions: Prairie
More likely a complete and utter lack of ANY chargers out that way. I was looking at Electrify America and they're roughly 4+ years behind Tesla's network. Now, I acknowledge they're not the only vendor on the market, but it's clear that if we end up with an onslaught of non-Teslas on the road and the charging network isn't up to snuff, they'll be begging for government intervention to open up Tesla's network - not necessarily a bad thing, but not a good thing if we can't get a charging session either.
Not sure what you mean by govt intervention - they won't coerce anyone. The govt will offer subsidies to install chargers but they will require that they be open to anyone and have standard plugs. Elon never met a govt subsidy he didn't like.

To capture these subsidies, Tesla will start adding CCS plugs to SCs and open the network to everyone as they are already doing in Europe. IMO the only reason they haven't done this more quickly is they are waiting for the govt cheese.

Opening the SC network to everyone will be a nice source of cash and profit as Tesla's income from emissions credits wanes.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
Thanks for any info.
Where are you located?

Have my first movement! Black plaid coming to Minnesota. View attachment 792715
Happy for you, my brother! But, I am geographically nearby and ordered almost a year before you with and EDD of "July". I am starting to think Tesla is purposely doing this to me. In case you are wondering, it's not paranoia if people really are out to get you :p

Thanks for any info.
According to the sheet you already took delivery of your car in Feb. Is this a second one?

Happy for you, my brother! But, I am geographically nearby and ordered almost a year before you with and EDD of "July". I am starting to think Tesla is purposely doing this to me. In case you are wondering, it's not paranoia if people really are out to get you :p
Mine changed from July to today overnight, and mine is a 5-seater LR. Keep the faith and have the money ready to go.

I'm taking delivery of my red and white 5 seater LR with 20s April 19th in Toronto. Confirmed with vin.
Did you hear as to where your X is at? I setup a delivery date in Vaughan for the 19th too.. but my SA said she heard it may be later as my car is still in California as of yesterday.

I’m having my car picked up on a flatbed from the dealership and taken straight to get Stealth Ppf done along with ceramic tints and ceramic coating all over and inside same day.

Reactions: Prairie