Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jbrowdy , how do you know Model X Plaid 5-seaters are already being delivered???????????

I really need one for my wheelchair; they told me they weren't delivering any and I'd have to wait, now they're shipping them after all?? The 6-seater I settled for is supposed to arrive in a week... I'm kind of not happy about this.

Check out the order tracking spreadsheet:

No Plaids reported delivered for 5-seaters though.

It’s apart of the UI. So unless that dude is an amazing CGI artist it seems real.

I've met that dude IRL. AFAIK he's not an amazing CGI artist, but he does sell and install aftermarket power frunk lifts. He doesn't have any reason to lie about the swivel screen, he said the car came from the factory that way.

Bruce.

I'm sorry, I can't give a quantitative comparison. I do have a 3P with premium interior.

In the X I asked for a song using voice control, and it came on, and I thought "wow, this sounds WAY better than the 3!" It definitely has more bass -- I'm considering turning the bass down in the X whereas I would have asked for more of it in the 3. It seems to have more overall power -- more sound from a lower volume setting -- though the quieter cabin may be contributing as well. But those are like two random factors I happen to be able to put my finger on that don't really represent the "wow this sounds WAY better" factor. :)

I normally listen to Apple Music files copied onto a USB drive. I'm stuck right now because I went to load up a drive for the X and discovered I've added over 100 songs to my main playlist, but I'd have to buy them one by one on my phone to get non-DRM versions for the thumb drive. What a pain (and unnecessary expense)! It seems dumb to complain about adding $150 of music to a six-figure car, but nevertheless I wish Tesla would natively support Apple Music... or start the App Store so one of us could do it ourselves. :)
If you really are all about fidelity, you should be using Tidal (which has native support in Teslas). I'm assuming they support lossless streaming in the in-car app...

Edit: Looks like you need to be connected to wifi to stream lossless, but that's easily remedied by connecting to your phone's hotspot.

• Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1
No worries used to watch a lot of his stuff until he went …..well he just changed right around the time he did the cannonball in the Tycoon or whatever that thing is lol
Yeah he switched alright. Like he started getting a paycheck from VW, at least it seemed, based on his suddenly panning of Tesla whenever he could for no reason. "Oh there's the model 3-- ohhhh the battery degradation. Dont let me start talking about the battery degradation cause its degraded degradation did I say degradation?!!!" Then when the refresh came out he wasn't saying a peep about retrying the cannonball run, which would be the most natural progression since it would beat the pants off the Porsche Toucan even though he coordinated with Porsche engineers all along the way and had spotters to test the chargers ahead of him in the Toucan. I think the money spigots have slowed, as he's been more neutral and watchable as of late.

• Informative
Reactions: Elixir and shoveler
It looked and sounded like he was at a shop that worked on cars, hence the Hanshow frunk opening in the same video and the power tool sounds-- they installed the Hanshow frunk opener in the two days since they picked it up? If I was a Hanshow shop or something like that, I'd have been working on an aftermarket swivel motor since Sandy Munroe opened the S up and discovered the swivel gear capability. Dude didn't explain anything in detail on the video like where he bought the car or vin#, even when asked-- he gave almost no context and wouldn't answer questions on the Facebook post that I saw of his. What software version even had the option to swivel the screen?

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Yeah he switched alright. Like he started getting a paycheck from VW, at least it seemed, based on his suddenly panning of Tesla whenever he could for no reason. "Oh there's the model 3-- ohhhh the battery degradation. Dont let me start talking about the battery degradation cause its degraded degradation did I say degradation?!!!" Then when the refresh came out he wasn't saying a peep about retrying the cannonball run, which would be the most natural progression since it would beat the pants off the Porsche Toucan even though he coordinated with Porsche engineers all along the way and had spotters to test the chargers ahead of him in the Toucan. I think the money spigots have slowed, as he's been more neutral and watchable as of late.
Agree 100% the neutrality has started Showing back up to a certain degree, any human will be biased the secret to it is to not show it if you want to be on a public platform.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
It looked and sounded like he was at a shop that worked on cars, hence the Hanshow frunk opening in the same video and the power tool sounds-- they installed the Hanshow frunk opener in the two days since they picked it up? If I was a Hanshow shop or something like that, I'd have been working on an aftermarket swivel motor since Sandy Munroe opened the S up and discovered the swivel gear capability. Dude didn't explain anything in detail on the video like where he bought the car or vin#, even when asked-- he gave almost no context and wouldn't answer questions on the Facebook post that I saw of his. What software version even had the option to swivel the screen?
I think you may be overlooking the significance of the UI that's driving the swivel.