Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do wonder how many of us have an EDD of August or September.
Being on this thread for the past 6 months, it seems that everyone who ordered a MX in Nov, Dec, or Jan are showing EDD of Aug/Sept. Me, and the rest of us that ordered in Feb are showing October, etc. I imagine that across the country there are several hundreds of folks in each month.

I'm dumbfounded as to why they're keeping Aug/Sep EDDs for some MX if they have no intention of actually delivering them then. Are they planning on making them 100 units at a time?
Remember when we first ordered our refreshes? My original EDD was April... I ordered in February. My EDD said 'April' even when the calendar rolled over to May 😂.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
"Or you can just lease and not worry about the FOMO"
Leasing heightened mine! Felt stuck and unable to get the latest technology until the lease was up.
Turned me into a Buy guy.
But to be fair, it was unclear that Tesla (like every other manufacturer) would do any kind of upgrades except the AP module. I'm glad to see that they provided the MCU upgrade path. I'm unsure of whether it will continue, but it's certainly a selling point and would help to retain the car for a longer period of time if these components continue to be upgradeable.

This, plus the ongoing delays combined with the impending end of my lease extension certainly makes buying a better choice than leasing. I'm unsure of what I'll do once the lease extension runs out if they've not got around to delivering.

38DA149F-36F9-4C9D-AE55-51488944CC60.png

Model X EDD now March-April for new orders. Pushed back again

• Helpful
Reactions: studioloft
View attachment 691952

Model X EDD now March-April for new orders. Pushed back again

Wow!! I sure hope this isn't any indication of recent existing orders getting pushed back as well. We know they have certainly done it in the past.

Do you know if our original order prices will be honored? I ordered before the recent 5K hike.

They will honor the price per your order agreement - that won't change.

Reactions: Elixir
Wow!! I sure hope this isn't any indication of recent existing orders getting pushed back as well. We know they have certainly done it in the past.

They will honor the price per your order agreement - that won't change.
Unless you change your order, Tesla will honor the price at which your order was placed. If Tesla chooses, they might allow config changes but it is at their discretion to offer no price change config changes (Usually only Fremont, not local store).

Long time Tesla driver. S, then X, then MS Plaid. Sold the Plaid after about 10 days. Have an order on a Plaid X. Happy to give full thoughts, but brief thoughts on MS Plaid: didn't love yoke, but would tolerate it; didn't love stalkless driving experience, but would tolerate it. I prefer the size and height of the X, so I sold the MS Plaid.

Meanwhile, I have found a few 2020 Performance MX's for sale. Can someone please tell me why I am or am not crazy for considering a slightly used 2020 performance MX over the refreshed Plaid? Plaid has slightly better range and is barely faster. I don't care about the back seat screen. Prefer round wheel over yoke. About the only thing I'd really love to have is the phone holder/charger, hardly worth the price of the car.

Obviously, the price of a used one is a big factor. I am working on that....

Am I nuts?

Long time Tesla driver. S, then X, then MS Plaid. Sold the Plaid after about 10 days. Have an order on a Plaid X. Happy to give full thoughts, but brief thoughts on MS Plaid: didn't love yoke, but would tolerate it; didn't love stalkless driving experience, but would tolerate it. I prefer the size and height of the X, so I sold the MS Plaid.

Meanwhile, I have found a few 2020 Performance MX's for sale. Can someone please tell me why I am or am not crazy for considering a slightly used 2020 performance MX over the refreshed Plaid? Plaid has slightly better range and is barely faster. I don't care about the back seat screen. Prefer round wheel over yoke. About the only thing I'd really love to have is the phone holder/charger, hardly worth the price of the car.

Am I nuts?
No, not nuts. With a 2020 you've essentially got a tried and true Tesla Model X, with the 2021/2, you've got a bunch of new things that have the potential to need to be worked out. You're not going to be getting the new battery technology before 2022. You'll lose a few items as you've mentioned but you'll still be ahead of whatever the wait time is for a new delivery. The only thing is that I'm thinking that once the refreshes start serious production volumes, the value of the older ones will come down a bit (no idea of how much).

Besides, at this point the pricing in the US has gone up by - what? $10K for the Model S/Xs since the Plaid Presentaion and $10K when the refresh was announced? Might be a bargain comparatively.

No, not nuts. With a 2020 you've essentially got a tried and true Tesla Model X, with the 2021/2, you've got a bunch of new things that have the potential to need to be worked out. You're not going to be getting the new battery technology before 2022. You'll lose a few items as you've mentioned but you'll still be ahead of whatever the wait time is for a new delivery. The only thing is that I'm thinking that once the refreshes start serious production volumes, the value of the older ones will come down a bit (no idea of how much).
Wait it out, the price of used is too high and there are not many available anyway.

Am I nuts?

Maybe, there will be the aftermarket’s round wheel coming out for refreshed model s and x.

Reactions: nBar5EV1