Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree. The redesign of the refresh chassis took into account the new battery packs, but since they weren't ready with it, they kept with the current design for the battery packs. The Plaid+ was supposed to come out with the 4680s along with the huge range. I doubt it will be as long as you're suggesting until the S/X will get the 4680s. If anything it's probably out in the S/X in the next year or 2 depending upon how successful the battery ramp up is, but no, it's highly doubtful it'll be there with the launch of the X.
The Refresh S/X still use 18650s. They made some internal wiring and cooling changes, but nothing that would trigger new crash testing or major structural changes. The move to 4680s would require extensive modifications to the battery pack, possibly even as a structural pack which Tesla has been talking about.

Further, I believe that challenges with building a 4680 pack along with delays in the 4680 cells themselves were what shelved the Plaid+.

Even if I am wrong about all of that, the bottom line is that Tesla has a long list of things to do first. They need to build CT, Semi, Roadster, and refresh 3/Y all before refreshing S/X again. I don't think they will make major (obviously we can debate what that means) changes in the next 4 years.

But hey, we are just people banging away on keyboards and are ALL speculating.

I'm not sure they can fully realize the benefits of the 4680 without taking the weight of the floorpan out of the car (losing about 600lb of aluminum in the process). But, maybe they took taht into account and have a plan to just use different subframes and such? Who knows. I think we'll hear about it when the structural packs are a real thing though. Its' not the kind of thing you just let happen without standing in front of a crowd of people with a turtleneck on

EDD for my Jan 29th MX LR order (RN1144) which had been April > blank > September > blank just went January
That's how mine was until a few days ago (Order in Jan, EDD April > September > Blank > Jan. Now today, my name went blank. Those bastards sure know how to troll.
1633113384539.png

Here's the company that fills that bottle. Awesome tequila ☺️
and now you have made me realize how Mr. Musk overcharged me for rebottled, relabelled "Teslaquilla"...:confused:

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I’m hoping us Canadians can at least squeak out December 2021 deliveries to avoid that luxury car tax.
For the Canadians - saw a refresh Model X at the Montreal service centre . Snapped some pics. Was sad to see some badly aligned doors and what not , but the car overall looked good. Of course no one there knew anything about delivery dates except to say they had delivered some model S refresh.

Before deliveries????
I gonna DIEEEEE 😭🤣
Since you're new, they'll not put any on display for a while yet. If you've gone into any Tesla store have you seen any S Plaids/LRs on display? No - they've got enough backlog to fulfill first. If they do, you can tell them you've got an outstanding order and you're taking delivery straight from the store right away - and ask them to buff it up nice and spiffy inside and out. 😉

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr