Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just reading on Latest on Tesla EV Tax Credit (October 2021) - Current and Upcoming in 2022 and it says:

1. Eliminates the 200,000 cap on cars eligible for tax credits for cars bought after May 24, 2021 (only Senate version).​

‍As of now, only GM and Tesla have reached 200,000 EVs produced. GM and Tesla were thus no longer eligible for the EV tax credit, so both companies stand to benefit. This cap is eliminated retroactively for vehicles sold after May 24, 2021 (Chairman's Mark, p. 30).This means that any cars sold by GM and Tesla after May 24, 2021 will be eligible for up to a $7,500 tax credit. In sum: the 200,000 cap removal would be retroactive and applied to Tesla cars bought after May 24, 2021. A $7,500 tax credit would apply to 2021 taxes that are filed in 2022, so buyers would receive the credit when they file taxes in 2022.

So, if it stands like this, would we get the tax credit if our cars arrive this year? Another wrinkle is when did we "buy" our cars? At the time we order, which was before May 24 or when we take delivery which hopefully will be before Christmas.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
There has been good news every time I say this, so here I go again. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a good day for Model X news.
I just got a VIN!!! Pre-refresh 6-seat order. M in the VIN so a 2021. EDD still says January 🤷🏻‍♂️
I believe there will be more good news tomorrow