Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You changed this week? You paid current price for LR?
Yes. Current pricing. RN remained the same, order date was updated to few days ago. That’s why my posts are going from chill to dismay to disappointed and soon hostile toward Tesla. My wife said you could just cancel and get something else. Right but having been driving X since 2016 there’s still nothing out there to compete (IMO). However, I am getting my Taycan GTS in May, hoping to replace the Model 3P.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
Hey thanks for the well wishes yesterday everyone!

Both girls born at 6lbs 5oz. One blonde and one brunette. Both doing great.

Annnnnnd still no VIN. Mine was TBD yesterday and still TBD after the March update.
Congrats! My first kiddo will be born in early March. it’s a race to see who comes first, kid or car. Right now they are neck and neck 😂

Ugh, Woke up to same, March 22 now. MXLR 7 seater, White/White 20”, FSD, Ordered 6/28/22

Hard to believe still, a suv released/on-sale without the availability of a what used to be a basic part of an suv, a darn 3 row bench. They may as well release these things without a round steering wheel too. 🤔
Same update. MXLR, 5 seater, 20 inch wheels, White on White, 6/15/21 order date

Well I have some movement on my order... it went from February 2022 to March 2022...
Lets celebrate the movement ! At least the system knows we are here! Got to see the positives, I am saving a monthly payment as I already sold my Rover and have been carpooling with hubby. Got a chauffer ! I still have hopes for a late February delivery :)

It has to be better than March, right? Remember, now Tesla has juicy margins on your car. Not sure why they can't slap an extra motor in it... Really no good reason to have LR 5/7 but not Plaid.
I think it will move anyways, just a matter of time. Now that I paid current pricing, maybe I get to get mine first before the early buyers, you know, the usual Tesla stuff.

To me I think they should’ve just fulfilled current 5/7 seater orders and call it a day, or offer discount to switch to base model as inconvenience credit. They produce X’s at like Rolls Royce level there’s no way they can’t put some bench seats in there.

Annnnnnd still no VIN. Mine was TBD yesterday and still TBD after the March update.
Congrats!

And here's to hoping your next born will be just as healthy, but around 5,200 lbs.
MXs are a little different from humans.. Far longer than 9months.

It's crazy to think that an entire human life was created since your MX order was placed. 😮

Major Congrats! IF you like to live dangerously, you could try for another kid (not highly recommended right now if you'd like to live) and see which will show up first. Clearly your "production" is ahead of the game comparatively. Warning: you might end up getting VAS'd instead of VIN'd even for asking. 🤣

I did similar: bought a CPO Model X while I wait for the refresh. Reduced the stress of waiting. A nice upgrade from the 2014 Model S that we had previously. We like the CPO enough that Mrs. G wants me to consider canceling the Model X reservation (or flipping it if I want the hassle).
You're gonna want to keep the new MX and sell the CPO. Trust me. It's that good.

Yes. Current pricing. RN remained the same, order date was updated to few days ago. That’s why my posts are going from chill to dismay to disappointed and soon hostile toward Tesla. My wife said you could just cancel and get something else. Right but having been driving X since 2016 there’s still nothing out there to compete (IMO). However, I am getting my Taycan GTS in May, hoping to replace the Model 3P.
what do folks think of the new BMW iX50?

BA7F7780-F72B-47D0-95A1-F37E652F2924.jpeg
She finally arrived. Everything in pretty good shape, if a bit dirty. One word of warning: don’t know if anybody’s mentioned this on the forum yet but the Nema 14–50 adapter is no longer included with the car. So I’m not able to charge and I had to order one separately from the Tesla website.

@usctrojan98, The model X is significantly easier to get in and out of. I have owned both. In fact, I had a model S Plaid for about two weeks. I sold it specifically because of the difficulty getting in and out of it. It just felt like eventually it was going to bother my back, and I don’t have a very significant history of “back problems“.

The model X is a dream to get in and out of. If you use the auto present feature, you literally walk up to the car, the door opens and you stop easily into it. You then hit the brake and the door closes. It’s crazy.
And, don't forget about Easy Entry. I have mine set to raise the seat, slide it back, and to raise the steering yoke up and out of the way. When I put the car in park and unfasten my seatbelt, the Easy Entry profile takes over, and changes the seat and yoke position making it easier to get out. When I get into the car, and press the brake, the car powers on, the driver side door automatically closes, and my seat and yoke move from Easy Entry position to my personal profile position.