Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the Reno showroom today again when I saw the MXLR in my exact specs that I saw there last thursday still sitting in the same space and still not washed. I inquired about it and said that I had seen it last thursday (not sure when it came in but they said at the time that they were having a hard time delivering it to the person) and that if the person matched with the VIN declined it to let me know. They were going to speak to their delivery logistics person to see whats going on with it. The SA didn't text back so I texted him and he replied "the X we have is already reserved and is not available". WOW that's not super helpful. I am on day 366 since I ordered and can not get any useful info, can't even inquire about a car sitting on a lot for at least 5 days without the owner picking it up or it getting anywhere cIose to ready for delivery. He did say that the reason the EDD's changed so much last year was because they weren't even producing the Model X so they couldn't deliver on those Months because they weren't producing them, why on earth would they do that other than to lock reservation holders in and not look elsewhere because their car is coming in April...June....oh wait Sept....kidding Oct.....close Jan....nope March.......
FWIW the X had 20" wheels and had Continental M+S (Maybe the tires are M+S in climates with snow?)

The post from daycruiser was provocative, but not entirely wrong:
  • “Worst build quality ever” - an exaggeration, but Tesla ”quality” is often below expectations for a $60K car, let alone a $100K car.
  • “WHAT A SCAM THE 'FULL SELF DRIVE IS'” - more hyperbole, but I have to say that my experience with FSD after a month in my 2018 X is that it over promises and underdelivers. FSD is very nice for highway driving, full stop. On city streets, it makes more mistakes than when my son had his learner’s permit. And the few times that auto park recognizes a parking space, it’s so slow that other cars are honking at me.
  • “Range“ - If I took delivery in the cold of winter, I might also be disappointed that the range falls short of promises.
  • “How it is even legal to have that crappy yoke is beyond me” - I find myself agreeing again here. I’m sure we fanboys will all get used to it, but ultimately, the yoke is an answer to a question that nobody asked.

I have no regrets owning my 2nd Tesla, with an order for a 3rd. But I also don’t pretend that Teslas are perfect.
Agree on poor build quality - very few acceptable alternatives in EV SUV form right now

FSD - Do you have the actual FSD beta or haven't unlocked the FSD part of it

Range def would fall short if in cold weather, but much better now with heat pump. The OP listed location is beverly hills and even though it is winter right now in So cal, the temperature is 70s.

I hate the yoke, I wish it had a regular steering wheel

I see, that is interesting to know. Is there any word on whether doing a second order on a plaid will affect the first order in any way in terms of priority if you dont change the first order?

I also ordered a second plaid order recently, ok to lose $250, if I decide to decline it eventually. I will likely stick with my original "discounted" LR order, whenever it comes, but had a serious discussion with wife in case the Plaid would come in much sooner just in time for my current lease to end in March.
My guess is Tesla will just act blind and deliver your second higher priced order. They will be under pressure to increase QoQ revenue from Fremont and Shanghai till Berlin or Austin start production at which point the additional volume should take care of the revenue target

Reactions: 1pinhigh
I stopped by the Reno showroom today again when I saw the MXLR in my exact specs that I saw there last thursday still sitting in the same space and still not washed. I inquired about it and said that I had seen it last thursday (not sure when it came in but they said at the time that they were having a hard time delivering it to the person) and that if the person matched with the VIN declined it to let me know. They were going to speak to their delivery logistics person to see whats going on with it. The SA didn't text back so I texted him and he replied "the X we have is already reserved and is not available". WOW that's not super helpful. I am on day 366 since I ordered and can not get any useful info, can't even inquire about a car sitting on a lot for at least 5 days without the owner picking it up or it getting anywhere cIose to ready for delivery. He did say that the reason the EDD's changed so much last year was because they weren't even producing the Model X so they couldn't deliver on those Months because they weren't producing them, why on earth would they do that other than to lock reservation holders in and not look elsewhere because their car is coming in April...June....oh wait Sept....kidding Oct.....close Jan....nope March.......
FWIW the X had 20" wheels and had Continental M+S (Maybe the tires are M+S in climates with snow?)
Love your post. It never hurts to ask. That X may be reserved today but who knows what tomorrow brings.

I'd bring the SA a Starbucks tomorrow just to say Hi...

Attachments

• 7C0CA03B-4255-4178-ABA6-E62A210BFC41.jpeg
    7C0CA03B-4255-4178-ABA6-E62A210BFC41.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 89
Love your post. It never hurts to ask. That X may be reserved today but who knows what tomorrow brings.

I'd bring the SA a Starbucks tomorrow just to say Hi...
Gave them a couple sandwiches but maybe I’ll move to coffee!! I’ve just heard that Tesla was giving three days to take delivery that’s sort of why I was asking questions. Maybe it didn’t pass inspection (although it had good alignment on FWD from what I could see and the other panels).

Gave them a couple sandwiches but maybe I’ll move to coffee!! I’ve just heard that Tesla was giving three days to take delivery that’s sort of why I was asking questions. Maybe it didn’t pass inspection (although it had good alignment on FWD from what I could see and the other panels).
Who’d ever thought bribing the sales agent repeatedly would be part of delivery process lol

Non-Plaid. 6 Seat LR Blue, 20" Black Interior. What makes you think I won't be getting one anytime soon?
Just FYI, I was looking at the spreadsheet and your entry says Plaid. Did you change your order at some point?

The spreadsheet says only 2 Plaid have been delivered, which seems really low considering how many people i see on here with deliveries of plaid? Kind reminder to everyone to update the spreadsheet, or enter your info if you haven't. Thanks!

My guess is Tesla will just act blind and deliver your second higher priced order. They will be under pressure to increase QoQ revenue from Fremont and Shanghai till Berlin or Austin start production at which point the additional volume should take care of the revenue target
I called an agent at my local delivery center and asked him the same question re: 2 orders. He said the second order should not affect the first one and I can leave it as is and decline the Plaid if it became available or cancel it, but the LR order he said wont be affected. I hope that’s true. Tesla cant assume we dont want two separate orders (his and hers? 😃) and somehow have one affect the other…but who knows. I will likely cancel the plaid order if the ETA changes to anything earlier than Oct, as it currently states, if we decide to stick with the LR. The price difference (pre-price change LR vs. Plaid) may just not be worth it for us as our current thinking goes.

I was trying to get an X before my non-tesla lease ends in 2.5 months, but at this point I will buy it out and use it till the LR comes and then sell it. I was going to buy out this lease anyways since my current car is worth around 8k more more than the lease residual, but I will have to pay the use-sales tax on the residual here in Cali if I dont resell it within 10d of buying out my lease- which is my understanding of this.

Perhaps he PAID for it, and will pick it up later?

Welcome to the club. I just stopped caring and don’t expect the car anymore. I’ve moved on.
Same here... Really starting to dislike Tesla as a company with their underhanded tactics like; getting people to shell out an extra $6500 for 6 seat upgrade dangling the promise of a 2021 delivery which never happened......The F.U. Attitude towards folks who have been waiting close to a year for a vehicle with zero communication or updates....... and the final straw suddenly prioritizing Plaids to the point that people who ordered just a few weeks ago are getting VINs.... and all because it provides an extra 20k or so for them, as if they are a starving company on the brink of bankruptcy who needs the extra margins. Man if it wasn't because I really love the car itself and the charging network I would have walked a long time ago from this cesspool of a dishonest scummy company.

Same here... Really starting to dislike Tesla as a company with their underhanded tactics like; getting people to shell out an extra $6500 for 6 seat upgrade dangling the promise of a 2021 delivery which never happened......The F.U. Attitude towards folks who have been waiting close to a year for a vehicle with zero communication or updates....... and the final straw suddenly prioritizing Plaids to the point that people who ordered just a few weeks ago are getting VINs.... and all because it provides an extra 20k or so for them, as if they are a starving company on the brink of bankruptcy who needs the extra margins. Man if it wasn't because I really love the car itself and the charging network I would have walked a long time ago from this cesspool of a dishonest scummy company.

I believe everyone in here is making a lot of assumptions regarding the reasoning for the plaid rollout prior to LR.

Everyone jumps to the monetary reasoning as to why the Plaids are being pushed, but how do we know it’s not a LR specific parts issue?

I thought I remember reading a while back the the current hold up was one of the motors for the LR. Whereas the plaid uses different motors entirely and they’re available.

• Informative
Reactions: DelPhonic1
I believe everyone in here is making a lot of assumptions regarding the reasoning for the plaid rollout prior to LR.

Everyone jumps to the monetary reasoning as to why the Plaids are being pushed, but how do we know it’s not a LR specific parts issue?

I thought I remember reading a while back the the current hold up was one of the motors for the LR. Whereas the plaid uses different motors entirely and they’re available.

It's not proven that LR motors are different. They just emphasize the carbon wrapping allows the plaid to maintain power curve but LR matches it just 33 percent less.

Tesla rarely has much difference, if any, between performance and regular cars.

CREAM.

It's not proven that LR motors are different. They just emphasize the carbon wrapping allows the plaid to maintain power curve but LR matches it just 33 percent less.

Tesla rarely has much difference, if any, between performance and regular cars.

CREAM.
you may be right.

However the fact that one is tri-motor and the one is not lends me to believe there is far more difference in the motors then just the carbon sleeving