Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably my favorite review so far! Yet I couldn't help but to be a little irked by the fact that I should have my own by now hah.

A few interesting times from this video I wanted to point out.
- 7:30, 9:08 - "it looks just like a Tesla Model Y. I think its lacking a bit of identity" - I absolutely agree. To the untrained eye from the exterior it is difficult to tell the X from the Y yet the X is almost double the cost. To the trained eye (us) yes it is obviously worth the extra $.
- 12:24 - "there was more design to the doors in the previous Model X"
- 14:30 - Fit and finish issues. Just pointing this out 🤷‍♂️
was he talking about the computer screen and that it 'completely shuts down' and those 'leather' seats? Its a fun review, but it's always nice when people know the car better.

what? I think you're mistaken...price is locked to the price you ordered at. Tesla can do a lot of questionable things but false advertising is a BIG NO NO
The price increased by about $10,000 in Dec 2020. The second increase was by $2,000 in the middle of 2021 when they canceled the full “self-driving” discount I had (I purchased it for $8,000, but now it’s $10,000 in the order).

319 days since I ordered
37 days since I got the VIN
Bay Area
I just received my X Plaid VIN. Tesla even upgraded my order from the 5-seater to the 6-seater at no additional charge since I’ve waited so long and the 6-seaters are being built first. Although each month my scheduled delivery was pushed back, I understand the whole supply chain disruptions, microprocessor shortages and the retooling Tesla went through. Rather than bitch about what’s wrong (which does nothing but raise your blood pressure) I’ve chosen to be happy that mine is being delivered between February 11-16. Then I’m having it wrapped in a metallic pearl white, windows tinted and door handles with carbon fiber appliqué.

I believe that Elon has been more open and transparent than any other volume automaker CEO.

Trouble happens when he makes a statement to the press or internet that reflects his optimistic plans and beliefs that later turn out to be overly optimistic. Says he expects someting to be out by a certain time, but it does not all work out as he had hoped.
Then people get all bent out of shape, and start out with comments like "but he PROMISED!" or "For a $100,000 car I would expect..."

It is a rare automotive CEO that rolls up his sleeves and puts so many hours into his companies. He sweats the little details, and people forget sometimes just how much he has accomplished.

So many individuals express the desire that they would change the World, but nobody has changed things up as much as Elon.

This thread is a good example. Over 1000 pages of so many people posting essentially the same thing...When am I going to get MY car? True answer is that you will get YOUR car when Elon is able to get it out the door.

Elon wants nothing more than to get as many customers delivered as is humanly possible.
Few posting here would be able to do better than Elon.

was he talking about the computer screen and that it 'completely shuts down' and those 'leather' seats? Its a fun review, but it's always nice when people know the car better.
I believe he was referring to the MCU 1.0 issues. Model S and X cars produced up until late 2017 shipped with MCU 1.0.

As later versions of software were released the MCU couldn't keep up and would shut itself off. There was subsequently a recall on the EMMC chip that contributed to the random reboots. The recall was introduced as the reboots caused loss of critical functions such as AC, defrosters, turn signals, backup camera, etc.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
This is probably my favorite review so far! Yet I couldn't help but to be a little irked by the fact that I should have my own by now hah.

A few interesting times from this video I wanted to point out.
- 7:30, 9:08 - "it looks just like a Tesla Model Y. I think its lacking a bit of identity" - I absolutely agree. To the untrained eye from the exterior it is difficult to tell the X from the Y yet the X is almost double the cost. To the trained eye (us) yes it is obviously worth the extra $.
- 12:24 - "there was more design to the doors in the previous Model X"
- 14:30 - Fit and finish issues. Just pointing this out 🤷‍♂️
I completely disagree with the idea that the X doesn’t have personality or it’s own style. It has the most personality of any Tesla at the moment outside of the Cybertruck.