Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Refresh X has mats in back rows
Thanks. Mine didn’t so I’ll add that to my SA appointment list.
Yes. 2021

Do you know if the refreshed x should be delivered with carpet mats in the 2nd or 3rd row? Mine only has carpet mats in the driver and passenger.

Here’s the Amazon link for the all weather mats.
The 2021 version?

Here’s a quick video I just did showing them in my 2022 refreshed plaid x.

As an update on the Plaid X delivery that I sold yesterday, It did have all the floor mats and had the 2 fobs and the key cards. Nashville has done an excellent job with all 4 of the Tesla deliveries that I have been a part of. I saw 2 other Model X Plaids that had not been cleaned up yet but they will be delivered soon obviously....If these are anyones Vins then they are on site now. 7SAXCBE66NF332468 AND 7SAXCBE69NF331931 One was White and the other was Midnight Silver

I wouldn’t mind waiting if there was just a little rhyme or reason to how they're doing the few deliveries they’ve done so far. Or at the very least give even a modicum of communication about it. I know, I know, that dead horse has been flogged. At this point I’d even be happy with an email that’s just a middle finger emoji because at least I‘d know they acknowledge I still exist.
Little rhyme or reason? It seems pretty clear to me. The X has long been an low-volume product at a generally low-volume car company. Couple that with global shortages of all kinds of parts and materials, and you easily have demand has outstripping supply- likely by orders of magnitude. You aren't getting white-glove communication on the situation simply because they don't need to (it would only eat into their already-aggressive margins). Go ahead and cancel your order- only their database will notice.

Little rhyme or reason? It seems pretty clear to me. The X has long been an low-volume product at a generally low-volume car company. Couple that with global shortages of all kinds of parts and materials, and you easily have demand has outstripping supply- likely by orders of magnitude. You aren't getting white-glove communication on the situation simply because they don't need to (it would only eat into their already-aggressive margins). Go ahead and cancel your order- only their database will notice.
Unfortunately this is true. Current market conditions put Tesla firmly in the drivers seat.... They have very little incentive to bend over backwards for any individual customer.... If a few folks cancel their orders it will hardly be a miniscule blip on their radar. But like with all markets the bubble eventually bursts and one day things will flip in the buyers favor..... Government will eventually step in and fund a robust charging network, other car makers will catch up on the technology.... when that day comes people will remember their experience.

I received an updated ETA of May. Although my SA claims realistically June-July. I ordered 1-28-2021
Yeah, I won't be surprised if it slips further. I have no faith left in this process. There's certainly no rhyme or reason as to the rollout, the way they're choosing who gets their vehicle next, and no communication worth the bits and bytes it consumes.

Reactions: Yakkodot
Is anyone else tempted to place a Plaid order in addition to their existing LR order to possibly get an X in the next 60 days? I have a LR 7 order placed April 2021 with an April 2022 EDD. I find the extra 15 miles of range more valuable than the extra 1.3 seconds of acceleration but I really don’t want to wait until 2Q or 3Q or even later. I’m also hesitant to ”jump the line.” Has anyone driven in a LR and a Plaid? Is that 1.3 seconds significantly noticeable?
Did that in January and the Plaid order has an Oct 22 EDD. Briefly went to end of Feb then right back to October. With no news on 5/7 seat orders it's gone from absurd to ridiculous!

Reactions: Yakkodot
Did that in January and the Plaid order has an Oct 22 EDD. Briefly went to end of Feb then right back to October. With no news on 5/7 seat orders it's gone from absurd to ridiculous!
Actually it has not gone anywhere, it does not appear Tesla has built a single 5 or 7 passenger X at all. I suspect a supply chain problem with the bench seat, but I am guessing. Tesla makes all their own bucket seats in house (which is quite unusual in the industry). Not sure if that is true of their bench seats.

Reactions: Driver 8
Supercharging anyone?
In fact NAVIGATING on a road trip?

Regular people don’t plan where they’re going to fill up. Technology is only good as it facilitates our goals, not gets in the way (having to search for a charger, etc).

Only Tesla is reasonable unless you are full on geek or geek-willing. Even Tesla has a good ways to go to being on par with gas cars (refill rate, range especially for towing & cold weather long distance travel).
charging, charging, charging.
Non-Tesla charging will improve. In fact it was not that long ago that SCs only existed on the coasts. Road trips beyond I-5 and I-95 required geeks as you say. It happened. I see independent chargers all over the place. The only hangup IMO is that I can just walk up to it and slide in a credit card. I don't care what brand of gas station I use, just take my money and give me fuel. Charging should be the same way.

The only question is whether independent charging (or Tesla adding CCS to their SCs) improves sooner than Tesla's Customer Service and QA. Honestly my money would be on independent charging. That is simply a money problem. Tesla's problems are deeply cultural - I do not think they can fix them while Elon is involved in day to day activities, but Tesla has surprised me before.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
MS vs MX pricing is baffling to me.

Car config - Black/White. Largest wheels. 6 seater for X. No-FSD.

MSLR - $103k
MSP - $138k

MXLR - $120k
MXP - $135k

Are my $ off here?

MSLR is $17k less than MXLR - expected.
MSP is $3k MORE than MXP - seems odd.

MSP is $35k more than MSLR
MXP is only $15k more than MXLR

Is there a big MXP price bump coming?