Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been holding back for some days not to post here the nonsense I have read about rejecting a 2021 VIN.
Somehow these assumptions are coming from people that have no idea about car production.
A vehicle gets a VIN assigned the moment is it listed to start production, not after it is build so the theory it got the VIN and set to heat up in the sun for months goes Poof.
I had the pleasure of speaking with someone at Tesla about finalizing my documents and we both were very candid about my 2021 car. He told me clearly that back in nov 2021 when i was assigned a VIN and it went Poof is because production VIN were assigned but some parts were not available to complete the car. Since that list of cars were not able to be build yet( will not start till 2022 but only a handful did), the VINs were taken away till the production was schedule to start. This production of a 2021 vins were already recorded and officially assigned but not able to build.
I asked when did my car began actual production, he said in the beginning of 2022. My car was build same time as others 2022.As of yesterday, my new crispy fresh 2021 XLR was completed and on its final inspection for transport.
I also talked about the cases of damage cars that were been delivered. He explain that car leaves without any external damage from the factory but unfortunately cars do suffer damage during transportation. This I know very well since I do work in the auto industry and have witness cars damage during transport and the company that did the transport normally pays for the damages.
In two weeks I will be taking delivery of a fresh 2021XLR with as much joy as if it was a 2022. Actually it is a 2022 in heart just had a birth certificate for sometime. :)
and BTW, the value of a build Q4 2021 is about the same as Q1 2022. What dictates value is miles, condition, any accidents/damage and wear/tear. so anyone that rejected a 2021 passed on a great car.
Exit stage left...............

Last edited:
People! Stop creating problems for yourselves! Just ENJOY your new car! It's AWESOME!

P.S. This message doesn't relate to the yellow paint on the bumper. That one was really bad...
You can keep settling for mediocrity, sloppiness, and just lack of care or respect for customers…. I on the other hand will demand at least some semblance of care and quality control for my hard earned money.

I have been holding back for some days not to post here the nonsense I have read about rejecting a 2021 VIN.
Somehow these assumptions are coming from people that have no idea about car production.
A vehicle gets a VIN assigned the moment is it listed to start production, not after it is build so the theory it got the VIN and set to heat up in the sun for months goes Poof.
I had the pleasure of speaking with someone at Tesla about finalizing my documents and we both were very candid about my 2021 car. He told me clearly that back in nov 2021 when i was assigned a VIN and it went Poof is because production VIN were assigned but some parts were not available to complete the car. Since that list of cars were not able to be build yet( will not start till 2022 but only a handful did), the VINs were taken away till the production was schedule to start. This production of a 2021 vins were already recorded and officially assigned but not able to build.
I asked when did my car began actual production, he said in the beginning of 2022. My car was build same time as others 2022.As of yesterday, my new crispy fresh 2021 XLR was completed and on its final inspection for transport.
I also talked about the cases of damage cars that were been delivered. He explain that car leaves without any external damage from the factory but unfortunately cars do suffer damage during transportation. This I know very well since I do work in the auto industry and have witness cars damage during transport and the company that did the transport normally pays for the damages.
In two weeks I will be taking delivery of a fresh 2021XLR with as much joy as if it was a 2022. Actually it is a 2022 in heart just had a birth certificate for sometime. :)
and BTW, the value of a build Q4 2021 is about the same as Q1 2022. What dictates value is miles, condition, any accidents/damage and wear/tear. so anyone that rejected a 2021 passed on a great car.
Exit stage left...............

I don’t blame you. You are spending too much money on a nice vehicle to allow comments from people (you don’t even know) to ruin your experience. Enjoy.

Yup. That’s one thing. Some rubber showing in others. Some sticky material and paint drip on trunk, but nothing terrible. I haven’t looked at the inside or beneath it yet. That’s tomorrow at 5PM. I’m dressing like Sherlock Holmes and bringing an oversized magnifying glass to check every detail.
The rubber showing in Frunk is "ASY HOOD HINGE COVER RH MX" needs to be replaced or adjusted.
I have an appointment with the service center next month to address all of the issues I have.
Watch out for the leaking wind noise.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Finally got to bring her home

Attachments

• 1CEC0AA0-5DF1-492B-A629-633A01390BAB.jpeg
    1CEC0AA0-5DF1-492B-A629-633A01390BAB.jpeg
    578.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 5CA8F2E6-BE09-4AE1-AD98-AE32FD3C9C9B.jpeg
    5CA8F2E6-BE09-4AE1-AD98-AE32FD3C9C9B.jpeg
    580.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 1D5A1D0C-53BE-44E3-92F9-CDE6B8DB2522.jpeg
    1D5A1D0C-53BE-44E3-92F9-CDE6B8DB2522.jpeg
    496 KB · Views: 102
  • ABC3DF8C-E839-41BC-AC05-1F7E2CABDF89.jpeg
    ABC3DF8C-E839-41BC-AC05-1F7E2CABDF89.jpeg
    561.2 KB · Views: 101
Well technically it’s already a year old design so time for a slight refresh lol
Haha true!
I just really prefer the current rear set up over the new but I would like to have the new headlights …. Have to assume they are better though how good can headlights be? I’ve been driving for 40 years and never noticed an issue with my headlights.
The adaptive headlights have a sharper cutoff at the top of the beam of the light, doesn’t blind as many on coming drivers and projects more focused at a farther distance. I would welcome this improvement, although the current setup is good as well.

Reactions: ductordoc
He explain that car leaves without any external damage from the factory but unfortunately cars do suffer damage during transportation.
I don't believe this for a minute. I don't think the quality control coming from the factory is anywhere near as good as legacy auto makers. Maybe the car is technically awesome and is nice when it drives with no problems, but quality is not something Tesla is known for. Nor is the service up to par. Yes, many have excellent service, but until they get better across the board, they will be known for their shortcomings. When I pointed out the many defects my car was delivered with, there was zero apology, just contempt for me pointing out that they had not done their job. I still have not driven my car. They towed it back to replace the windshield, the rear bumper body panel, adjust doors, actually clean the interior, etc.

For the Atlanta crew, I checked out 2 MXs at the Roswell SC.

MXP Black/Black
MXLR Red/Cream

Both were 2022 models.

The black MXP might have been rejected. It had an owner name and delivery date on dash. Supposed to have been delivered yesterday. It had paint damage around passenger taillight.

I am supposed to pick up Red/Cream next week. But I have a Plaid order. When I went to schedule delivery it showed up as an LR. I questioned and they assured me VIN I have is Plaid. I am worried. 😫