Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you calling all of us out? For the last year, we give and give and give while you taunted us with your false EDDs and VINs and Delivery Dates. Meanwhile, so many of us continue to experience carpal tunnel syndrome from clicking the refresh button on our order pages while you throw firmware update failures and mobile service rescheduling for your new X in our faces.

We care! We always have. But now, we have to live with the guilt that when you got your X … you’re dead to us now. 🤓
Understood. My mouth shall remain shut. ❤️

Has anyone had this happen? EDD was March and now it doesn’t say anything. I never received a confirmation on VIN or anything.
12A19468-C1A9-402D-BC2E-CA67D784D791.jpeg

do we have someone here that actually drives the refreshed X for MORE than 2 months and coming from another luxury car?
if yes, does the wait actually worth it?

the question is not towards the ones who got it recently because euphoria is still in play and not to those coming from a 1997 Subaru which for them chevy volt would be luxury.

trying to get an honest opinion since I find myself more and more looking at other cars
Hey! I’m currently driving a 1996 Subaru it’s all I could afford…. Only reason I ordered the X is because this very polite Nigerian prince promised to give me some money if I help him move his money away from the evil dictators in his country. I’m getting worried though as the money has not hit my account despite me sending him all of my information.

VHS won because it fit a 2hr movie and Sony Betamax could handle only one hour with US NTSC coding. How is it related? Consumer ease of use. And Hollywood needed 2hrs.

Sometimes its one thing and just one thing that wins or kills. The but but buts rarely succeed.
They introduced a half-speed recording option in 1977, the same year that VHS was brought to the US, so it wasn't purely recording length.

Anyway, It's related because since there is no technical benefit to Tesla's plug (ie the Blu-Ray reasoning that @SomeJoe7777 noted) the proprietary format will lose out to the open standard. We see it time and again in technology and it will be the same here. Every EV that isn't a Tesla uses CCS. It's a numbers game at this point.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Interesting thing on my EDD date ... as of 2 weeks ago it slipped from "Estimated Delivery: March" to "Estimated Delivery: April". However, I just looked at it today, and it now says "Estimated Delivery: March 5 - March 30".

View attachment 773000

Notable that:

1. This is the first time since I ordered (1/28/2021) that the delivery date hasn't been just a month name, but now includes actual days/dates as well.
2. This is also the first time since I ordered that the EDD moved backwards (was estimated April, now March).

I still do not have a VIN.

I don't put a lot of stock into this, as I don't put a lot of stock into anything Tesla tells me just on general principal. But it's interesting nonetheless.
Congrats. You should possibly have your new car in another month or so.

To be fair the guy taught himself rocket science and now owns a private rocket company that lands rockets autonomously on a ship in the ocean.
I ****ing love that shot of the two rockets returning back to earth for re-use, and they both touched down next to each other simultaneously, and vertically. And when they do land in the middle of the ocean onto drone ships called "A Shortfall of Gravitas", "I Still Love You", and "Just Read The Instructions" it's a joy to behold. And to think we used the Russians before Space X to get U.S. astronauts to the space station. Such a great time to witness technology unfolding from a very exciting and positively human company.

Took delivery of our LR X yesterday in KC. I'm sorry to disappoint but the car was nearly flawless 😁

I'd post pictures but I have not had to time to wash the car since the drive home and I do not plan on getting it out in this sleet/ice storm for a few days. The only issue is the drivers side door being misaligned by maybe 3 mm. No other panel gaps, paint or trim issues I could see. No issues with the interior at all. I'll update my row on the spreadsheet.

I'll mention a few pros and a con of the car as someone who has never owned a Tesla before.
  • 250kw supercharging is unbelievably fantastic. I hope they upgrade all the older 120/150 superchargers to this standard.
  • The sound system is insane. My in-laws have a couple higher end German cars and neither come close to the X.
  • 0-60 time in the LR is plenty for me. I'm not mature enough for plaid. What I haven't seen user post yet is how much power the LR motors still have at highway speeds. Its almost not fair how easy it is to accelerate from 65 to 85 to pass something that is driving dangerously (like a semi truck swerving)
  • The only con and might be user error. Does autopilot have to disengage to simply change lanes? (did not buy FSD). I'm trying to understand why the car cannot keep the speed while I initiate the turn signal and change lanes. My 2021 F-150 can do this while disengaging its auto steer function that automatically reengages once the lane change is complete. Before you ask, yes autopilot is better at every other auto steer or driving function than the F-150.
Yeah plenty here will feel so distraught that you didn't come back with so many problems. Oh the panel gaps!!!!!! I think the QC has gotten better over the last weeks or so...

You, Stro, and a few others owe us plenty of pics I believe. I selfishly can't wait! Its the very least you could do:), as we toast your good fortune!

I generally am not using cruise control where pedestrians may be crossing the street. I use it on highways and sometimes local streets, but only areas where I am trying not to get a speeding ticket. I can’t honestly say if it would avoid a pedestrian.

That said, it is extremely good at the basics, which is what I really care about: going the speed I want it to go and slowing down when a car in front of me slows down.
I actually was referring to your non-Tesla. My bad.

They introduced a half-speed recording option in 1977, the same year that VHS was brought to the US, so it wasn't purely recording length.

Anyway, It's related because since there is no technical benefit to Tesla's plug (ie the Blu-Ray reasoning that @SomeJoe7777 noted) the proprietary format will lose out to the open standard. We see it time and again in technology and it will be the same here. Every EV that isn't a Tesla uses CCS. It's a numbers game at this point.

There is no technical advantage to CCS either, but a substantial usage advantage for Tesla. If Tesla does better than Sony at licensing then the numbers game changes directions. Also Tesla had nearly 80% US vehicle market share in 2021, and more as to chargers, so ...

Last thought, there are multiple standards, i.e. Mac and PC, in many tech areas. Especially given the possibility of adapters either way, why could they not coexist?

Reactions: gglockner
I ****ing love that shot of the two rockets returning back to earth for re-use, and they both touched down next to each other simultaneously, and vertically. And when they do land in the middle of the ocean onto drone ships called "A Shortfall of Gravitas", "I Still Love You", and "Just Read The Instructions" it's a joy to behold. And to think we used the Russians before Space X to get U.S. astronauts to the space station. Such a great time to witness technology unfolding from a very exciting and positively human company.
Love that video too and shared it wildly at the time. Truly amazing. Soon, rocket refresh beta will remove radar and all human oversight beyond the rear-facing cameras because vision can see through clouds even when pilots are facing space at multiple Gs. Lives are at stake. Sorry pilots, but you will become obsolete. #plaid

I have designated myself as the bitter beer face of this forum now. I’m owning it.

• Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1