Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on a tip a few pages back, emailed: [email protected] and asked about changing the external color from White to Blue for the additional $1500 and keeping the May 2021 base price. As others have posted we received:

Thank you for reaching out. You can make changes without being updated to current pricing however design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will impacted. Please advise if you want to move forward with the paint change request.

Best Regards,

Jorge Sanchez

Inside Operations Advisor

6569 Las Vegas Blvd South, Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89119

Hmmmm.... White is a far more popular car than a blue one. How bad will this ding me? Heck, I have a 7 seat order and Illinois seems willing to give a $4000 incentive if the car comes after July 1. So I went for it. I guess I have to renounce my offer to be the first 7 seater on here...
FYI, if you can afford a Model X there is no way you will qualify for the 4K Illinois tax incentive.

Got VIN today, was completely unexpected. Only thing I did was post the pictures of my current model S for trade in yesterday. Went to local tesla store to just talk to a SA and she checked and lo and behold i have a vin. She was able to see that just today it was assigned to me. And that it's still in Fremont. Ended up setting up for delivery on Apr 5th.

"Low income" means persons and families whose income does not exceed 80% of the State median income for the current State fiscal year, as established by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
(Source: P.A. 102-662, eff. 9-15-21.)

Based on a tip a few pages back, emailed: [email protected] and asked about changing the external color from White to Blue for the additional $1500 and keeping the May 2021 base price. As others have posted we received:

Thank you for reaching out. You can make changes without being updated to current pricing however design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will impacted. Please advise if you want to move forward with the paint change request.

Best Regards,

Jorge Sanchez

Inside Operations Advisor

6569 Las Vegas Blvd South, Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89119

Hmmmm.... White is a far more popular car than a blue one. How bad will this ding me? Heck, I have a 7 seat order and Illinois seems willing to give a $4000 incentive if the car comes after July 1. So I went for it. I guess I have to renounce my offer to be the first 7 seater on here...
This is amazing, its the same guy that responded to me. Jorge Sanchez is either a very busy man or they all default to the same email signature

Ok got an appt to take delivery. Next tab is to “make payment” I won’t be making any payments until i see/inspect the car, but is the “start” button where I would go to enter my bank info? Wondering so if everything checks out at delivery I can just pay without having to look up bank info

Yah, the fact that you and I were promised a measly 2k discount for accepting a 10k higher price for the refresh means Tesla refuses to ship us our cars. What a short sighted bunch of BS
It’s tough, but breathe, my guys. I ordered pre-refresh at the same time and got a VIN w/o FSD. I am not alone. You will get your cars in April, and I likely will too. The real ramp is Q2.

Try to embrace the positive vibes recently. This is good for all. Your time will come shortly.

Yes, I was texted that I had received a VIN last week, and shortly after I replied confirm by text I was called to schedule delivery.
Seems like you are the first one with RED 5 seater with VIN. Please enter your order to the spreadsheet link for tracking purpose. Thanks

Correct and to afford an X your income will surely exceed that threshold.
I just took a peek at the act - I don't think it's based off income. Income only impacts priority where low income applicants will receive priority. The only part of the act that speaks to income is the below which is not part of the eligibility requirements. I could be wrong here - I'm no expert, just how I'm interpreting it.

(c) The Agency shall make available in application materials methods for purchasers to identify as low-income. The Agency shall prioritize the review of qualified applications from low-income purchasers and award rebates to qualified purchasers accordingly.

Schedule for pickup this afternoon of my plaid. Just received a call to reschedule due to door misalignment. Not sure what that means but definitely prompts me to make a much more detailed review before accepting it.

So sad - after 8 Tesla deliveries they keep getting worse. My model S plaid has had the most issues out of the 8 cars so far.

Make sure to carefully inspect the paint on the door edges of both the door and the door opening. Could be clear rubbed off that isn't so obvious until you look closely.

I just took a peek at the act - I don't think it's based off income. Income only impacts priority where low income applicants will receive priority. The only part of the act that speaks to income is the below which is not part of the eligibility requirements. I could be wrong here - I'm no expert, just how I'm interpreting it.

(c) The Agency shall make available in application materials methods for purchasers to identify as low-income. The Agency shall prioritize the review of qualified applications from low-income purchasers and award rebates to qualified purchasers accordingly.

That's correct. It's prioritization. You still qualify if you meet the requirements. The act is clear.

Reactions: CoryMD
No delivery info in this post, but how did y’all determine which seating config to get?

I currently have a 7 seater on order but after seeing the pics of the 5 seater with no center armrest and no 40/20/40 fold down seats, I’m contemplating switching to a 6 seater.

Family of 4, but have a nearby relative so oftentimes need seating for 5 on the weekend.

6 seater also means I could fit a surfboard and 4 people; 7 seater would reduce this to 3 people.

Ok got an appt to take delivery. Next tab is to “make payment” I won’t be making any payments until i see/inspect the car, but is the “start” button where I would go to enter my bank info? Wondering so if everything checks out at delivery I can just pay without having to look up bank info

Yes. Slightly hazy recollections follow:

When you click "Start" you'll go to a screen that shows the amount due, and you have an option to add the bank information using a payment processing system called "Plaid". With my bank, this led to logging in using the bank's Web-based authentication system using my credentials for on-line banking. I had to pick an account with sufficient funds to cover the balance (otherwise it errors out later on the process), so keep that in mind if you need to move some funds around later. If that all works, you wind up back in the app with it showing the account you just added as a payment method. At the bottom of the screen is a big blue button that says "Pay". I'm waiting to do that last step until I lay eyes on the car (need a delivery appointment first though).

A SA advised me to do the payment ahead of going to the delivery appointment to avoid last-minute problems with the bank transfer. I wasn't going to get into an argument about potential last-minute problems with the car that might make me reject it. But I figured that setting up the payment information in advance was a good idea.

Bruce.

Tesla uses a service called Plaid (oddly enough). You only need to know your online bank log-in user name and password. The Plaid system then uses that connection to issue a transfer from the account you tell it to. If you haven't set it up in the past, don't do it until walk through. If you set it up before hand the system will try to issue a payment right away to Tesla. Have a check handy just incase your bank isn't in the plaid network and you need to enter your routing number and account the old fashioned way.

So I just got my Model X delivered @ home today 5:30PM PT! My original delivery date was supposed to be Thursday, but I got a text today in morning saying it was ready for pick-up earlier and it got moved up to today 4PM-8PM.

Overall, its a great looking car and only found a few small issues (e.g., the worm, a small dent, etc.).

The one big issue was that the FWD doors are not working well:
1. Driver-side FWD: Seems like there is an issue with the sensor which is detecting something is next to it (when there is nothing) and refuses to open more than 1/4 of the way. I can't over-ride it to open more. I thought I remember someone else on the forum mention that? Does anyone know if there is a simple fix for it or it needs to be taken to the SC?
2. Passenger-side FWD: Seems to work fine, but when I close it (e.g., close all doors) it doesn't close all the way 1 out of 3 tries? I have to hit the close button again to close it fully. Anyone else experience this?

So I just got my Model X delivered @ home today 5:30PM PT! My original delivery date was supposed to be Thursday, but I got a text today in morning saying it was ready for pick-up earlier and it got moved up to today 4PM-8PM.

Overall, its a great looking car and only found a few small issues (e.g., the worm, a small dent, etc.).

The one big issue was that the FWD doors are not working well:
1. Driver-side FWD: Seems like there is an issue with the sensor which is detecting something is next to it (when there is nothing) and refuses to open more than 1/4 of the way. I can't over-ride it to open more. I thought I remember someone else on the forum mention that? Does anyone know if there is a simple fix for it or it needs to be taken to the SC?
2. Passenger-side FWD: Seems to work fine, but when I close it (e.g., close all doors) it doesn't close all the way 1 out of 3 tries? I have to hit the close button again to close it fully. Anyone else experience this?
amazing that it's been 6 years and they still havent figured out the FWD

Reactions: TrevTremaine