Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bullet 3 allows you to open the frunk without power

Attachments

• AC3C7D35-0CDA-4BE1-9AC0-E7CD806787AA.png
    AC3C7D35-0CDA-4BE1-9AC0-E7CD806787AA.png
    897.4 KB · Views: 133
So far 2 drives with the new X. Ive driven 16 miles so not a ton of experience. Here are things I’ve noticed that are different from my 2018 X.

You can no longer move the second row seats from the center screen, 3rd row doesn’t have the heat or cool feature and I can’t for the life of me can figure out how to alter the widgets on the driver screen. In 2018 X i could see music, or energy info on the left and right sides.

It is leaps and bounds in ride comfort above my previous X and my current Y

So far 2 drives with the new X. Ive driven 16 miles so not a ton of experience. Here are things I’ve noticed that are different from my 2018 X.

You can no longer move the second row seats from the center screen, 3rd row doesn’t have the heat or cool feature and I can’t for the life of me can figure out how to alter the widgets on the driver screen. In 2018 X i could see music, or energy info on the left and right sides.

It is leaps and bounds in ride comfort above my previous X and my current Y
I can’t find any energy graph - am I missing something?

Reactions: JimBob 909
French apéritif is over, time to return to English for the benefit of the entire group:

Yes, I have a real 5-seat 2022 Model X LR. Cargo capacity appears to be the same as the 2018 5-seat Model X that we just traded in. Pictures are attached.

And to answer a related question: yes, it did include carpet floor mats. Both front and rear.

I have a very busy day today (unrelated to the car), but I will try to find time to write a “first impressions” post later.
Gorgeous and man that's a lotta space! Thanks also for the frunk opening diagram pic. Looking forward to your first impressions!

I might actually not get the vehicle. It was scheduled for apr 5th but in NJ as my old address was in the north east. I recently moved to Florida and trying to switch delivery to Florida now. The person over telephone changed the delivery location but she cannot be sure this vin will stay with me and will get delivered here to me actually. Sigh.
As an update, initially the vin stayed on my account and so I was optimistic it would be rerouted to FL. Unfortunately yesterday it got removed and now I am back in the queue I guess. Sigh.

For those that have a M3 and now X, how do they compare? I test drove a Y yesterday and it really felt like I was sitting “on” the car and not “in” the car. Lot of good things, but this gave me some pause.
My two favorite cars - the new X and my 2018 Performance 3... I felt a bit claustrophobic in the S as compared with the 3, and the Y, I was sitting on the car, not in it... I'm a previous Porsche driver and I love my P3, but the new X beats them all... You're still sitting low, but you have this glorious openness and power not seen in any other vehicle on the planet...

What's with the lack of seat back pockets on Teslas? Is this a conscious decision, cost-cutting, or just oversight?
Elon has what, like, 8 kids now? Lear jets and Teknoking duties leave very little room for road trips and seat back pockets I'm assuming. If you have a couple three Au Pairs than what is the need for seat back pockets? Silicon Valley single dudes who spend their waking time at work don't care who's in the back seat. They have diff things on their minds than back seat pockets that matter for the rest of us.

Elon has what, like, 8 kids now? Lear jets and Teknoking duties leave very little room for road trips and seat back pockets I'm assuming. If you have a couple three Au Pairs than what is the need for seat back pockets? Silicon Valley single dudes who spend their waking time at work don't care who's in the back seat. They have diff things on their minds than back seat pockets that matter for the rest of us.
It is funny that such an otherwise well-designed family hauler has no real storage or cubbies for rear-seat passengers. Of course door pockets are out of the question, but it'd be nice to have somewhere built-in to stick a phone, glasses, etc.