Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have links, especially for the adapter lock and the black silicone case for the EZ-pass? Thx
You don’t need that ugly EZPass cover. Stick it to the back of the big rear lid of the console (towards the lift handle). Works perfect there. Second best spot is over your head in center on the glass as far back as you can go. Totally out of site.

June 2021 order. Just change MXLR order from 7 seat to 6 seat without being updated to the current pricing with the help of Jorge. I don't think there's any date cut off associated with making this change (some were saying the cut off date is Aug 2021). EDD still July.View attachment 787547
The August 1st "cut-off" is for making changes through the actual web portal, not making changes full-stop. It appears if you have an order prior to 8/1 you must go through Jorge to make changes.

Today, I strongly feel like to contact to Jorge almighty to change from 7 to 5/6 seat. Patience are running out.
I dont entirely blame you, but if you really want a 7 seater and see value in it, I would wait. I feel we should see movement in the next couple of weeks, esp the way 5-seater models took off once we noted VIN's coming in. No guarantee if you switch to 6 whether you get it sooner.

I do see some advantages of a 6 seater though and the captains chairs look cool w/ better access to 3rd row. I think best advice I've seen is if you need the 3rd row constantly, i.e. >4 peoples, the 6 seater is a good choice; but without fold down second row seats and no arm rests, is less desired for me. This helped make my initial decision when I couldn't decide. We usually only have 2 people in the car, and wanted to get the 7 seater to maximize flexibility for cargo and people in case if we ever take parents/friends around for short trips or lug large items. I'll be keeping this car for hopefully many years, so didn't want to miss on extra functionality in case needed. Others may have different needs of course, and I completely appreciate Tesla offering different configs for different people.

I really wish TESLA did what the new Acura MDX does. Middle seat in the 2nd row can fold down to give a nice arm rest for the side passengers OR can be entirely removed to give essentially captains chairs...its genius and Tesla could have further streamlined their configs if they did that.

I can understand your patience starting to run out though, sigh....starting tomorrow, my wife and I will be a 1-car family only...we'll see how the patience holds up then.

Last edited:
I have reserved one, car is impressive in person, and drives solid [had test drive], software still lags behind and bit buggy, but with NVIDIA on board it should improve, I will se when delivery time comes, and Oh BTW, their customer service people are well informed and very helpful [unlike Tesla]
The Tesla SA's I've dealt with have always been cordial and helpful, even though they didn't have all of the info. Maybe I got lucky?
Just received a call from Tesla. They asked me to trade in my current 2018 model X, so I said sure. The current eta for my new x is April 4-25 but I don't have a vin so I hope this means I am assigned one soon. I asked if I could trust the date range on my account (since it keeps changing) and was told they have no idea if the eta will stick because they are just responsible for trade ins. If anything, I hope the trade in doesn't slow things down after 15 months of waiting haha
Tesla gave me a trade in for my blue/white 2018 100D at 79k. Carmax was a couple grand less. Not sure if I should put it on Ebay and try to sell for another 10k or so(buy more Tesla stock), or not...

Reactions: Zygote1975
I dont entirely blame you, but if you really want a 7 seater and see value in it, I would wait. I feel we should see movement in the next couple of weeks, esp the way 5-seater models took off once we noted VIN's coming in. No guarantee if you switch to 6 whether you get it sooner.

I do see some advantages of a 6 seater though and the captains chairs look cool w/ better access to 3rd row. I think best advice I've seen is if you have more than 4 peoples constantly, the 6 seater is a good choice, but without fold down seats and no arm rests, is a no go for me. Also we usually only have 2 people in the car, and wanted to get the 7 seater to maximize flexibility for cargo and people in case if we ever take parents/friends around for short trips or lug large items. I'll be keeping this car for hopefully many years, so didn't want to miss on extra functionality in case needed.

I really wish TESLA did what the new Acura MDX does. Middle seat in the 2nd row can fold down to give a nice arm rest for the side passengers OR can be entirely removed to give essentially captains chairs...its genius and Tesla could have further streamlined their configs if they did that.

I can understand your patience starting to run out though, sigh....starting tomorrow, my wife and I will be a 1-car family only...we'll see how the patience holds up then.
That’s exactly what I’m concerning about. Feel like whenever I change it to 5/6, maybe the next day, Tesla will start production of 7 seaters! So scary.😱

This! 👆 How do we get this suggestion to Tesla!

The Tesla SA's I've dealt with have always been cordial and helpful, even though they didn't have all of the info. Maybe I got lucky?

Tesla gave me a trade in for my blue/white 2018 100D at 79k. Carmax was a couple grand less. Not sure if I should put it on Ebay and try to sell for another 10k or so(buy more Tesla stock), or not...
TSLA for the win, a split maybe coming.
Then again, they may announce some other good news and the stock will tank! lol, or at least that’s how it’s been

I know a lot of refresh owners still lurk this thread so I’ll ask here and hope it also helps a future owner. This is in the climate control settings for the rear. What those the line to the right of sync control ? For a bit I thought maybe open / close the vent but airflow in the rear doesn’t change on either extreme. Didn’t find anything that discussed this in owners manual

AB814372-DE1F-49C0-837F-E07AA59D626F.jpeg

I know a lot of refresh owners still lurk this thread so I’ll ask here and hope it also helps a future owner. This is in the climate control settings for the rear. What those the line to the right of sync control ? For a bit I thought maybe open / close the vent but airflow in the rear doesn’t change on either extreme. Didn’t find anything that discussed this in owners manual

View attachment 787605
Maybe the temperature sync for front and rear climate control I guess.

I do see some advantages of a 6 seater though and the captains chairs look cool w/ better access to 3rd row. I think best advice I've seen is if you need the 3rd row constantly, i.e. >4 peoples, the 6 seater is a good choice; but without fold down second row seats and no arm rests, is less desired for me. This helped make my initial decision when I couldn't decide. We usually only have 2 people in the car, and wanted to get the 7 seater to maximize flexibility for cargo and people in case if we ever take parents/friends around for short trips or lug large items. I'll be keeping this car for hopefully many years, so didn't want to miss on extra functionality in case needed. Others may have different needs of course, and I completely appreciate Tesla offering different configs for different people.

100% on this.
I had a 7 seater reserved with the hope that at least the middle row would have a fold down arm-rest / pass through capability similar to model Y.
Since it doesn’t, I watched some videos of the the 7 seater and, for me, it seems like that third row is not for adults.
The 6 seater can take kids or adults in the third row and is more open… despite the inability to fold down the second row, I’ve now switched from 7 to 6.

We have an Odyssey and keep that middle seat removed 90% of the time… on road trips we put it in for the arm-rest. Super thoughtful design by Honda. (Family of 4)