Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Partly due to the holidays which gave me a lot of free time and partly to obsess even more about what's going on and when I will get my car, I created this visual and hoping it is interactive enough for you to obsess over the order tracking spreadsheet's data all the time. I will try to keep it refreshed once a day (at least until I get my car delivered :) )

Hope you find it interesting.

How often are you refreshing it now? I’ve decided to start looking at the spreadsheet instead of the forum because seeing everyone getting a car is making me sad 😆. At least with the Power BI I can see if there’s a surge of orders close to mine that are getting delivered. @usctrojan98

Last edited:
Howdy folks. I haven’t been active on the forum since my MS LR (finally!) got delivered a month ago.

My MX Plaid (MSM/White 6-seat 20’s) order was on hold because I was traveling when I was matched to a VIN in Feb so I had to pass at that time.

Took off hold mid March and went to July EDD.

Yesterday changed to April 17 - May 8 which would be great if that date range holds up!

Question #1: Will that date range hold up? I’m in Westchester County NY (near NYC) if that makes a difference.

Question #2: Who’s had luck trading-in recently? Who’s had recent experience on CarMax, Vroom, CarBuyerUSA, etc? Going to sell/trade-in 2021 MYP. NY tax gives trade-in a big 8.375% advantage.
Re-joined the July EDD club today. 😵‍💫

How often are you refreshing it now? I’ve decided to start looking at the spreadsheet instead of the forum because seeing everyone getting a car is making me sad 😆. At least with the Power BI I can see if there’s a surge of orders close to mine that are getting delivered. @usctrojan98
HAHA ... I am refreshing the app ~5 times a day and since I am in front of the computer all day, I am refreshing my account page ~20 times a day (no joke). I also send 2-3 texts to SA's per day asking for updates and about 1-2 emails per day on the long thread I have with the SAs.

But otherwise, not much else ;-)

That seems like the logical reason, but this sub-discussion started with this post from @sorka:

I doubt both are true: either there will be a mystery upgrade as suggested to @sorka, or there is a safety fix.

A mystery update that is not related to safety or critical operations of the vehicle would not halt deliveries. The different DS I just talked to said they are being held for "software inspection" but that makes no sense either since that could be done remotely and why would there be a hard no ship date before 4/15 unless they were waiting for an updated part critical for vehicle operations or safety?

I've heard a couple of late 2020 orders who got EDDs in April. I've also heard that their dates have rolled back to July for some. Mine is still reading August - it never changed. Whatever is happening because of the hold is making it...the same ol' thing with Tesla.

I'm not holding my breath on anything...other than the fact that Tesla will hold a party tomorrow in Texas.
My original order date was 11-20-2020 MXLR red and white, 5 seater 20"

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Just got another text a few minutes ago asking me if I could pickup my MXP today instead of tomorrow. I REALLY want to know what halted deliveries and what's special about mine that it can be delivered before everyone else's.
You have to go! Reschedule your meetings, call in sick, whatever you have to do! We HAVE to know what's going on! It's your duty to rearrange your life for a bunch of strangers on the Internet.

You have to go! Reschedule your meetings, call in sick, whatever you have to do! We HAVE to know what's going on! It's your duty to rearrange your life for a bunch of strangers on the Internet.

Not going today. I did get them to move the time to 10 am tomorrow but she basically said show up anytime between 10 and 8. We're shooting to get there exactly at 10.

HAHA ... I am refreshing the app ~5 times a day and since I am in front of the computer all day, I am refreshing my account page ~20 times a day (no joke). I also send 2-3 texts to SA's per day asking for updates and about 1-2 emails per day on the long thread I have with the SAs.

But otherwise, not much else ;-)
I meant how often are you refreshing the data for the Power BI, but trust me I am completely with you on refreshing the app etc. I keep telling my wife I’m going to walk away…she just rolls her eye’s knowingly lol.

I meant how often are you refreshing the data for the Power BI, but trust me I am completely with you on refreshing the app etc. I keep telling my wife I’m going to walk away…she just rolls her eye’s knowingly lol.
I have refreshed the app many times even deleted and reinstalled, my EDD doesn't change 🙃

So I’ve been July for a while.. I had wrote it out of my mind so the time would go by faster.
Around the beginning of March I scrolled over to my X in the app and had a March 18-31 date. I was ecstatic! I began transferring money to one account to make the payment and take the car. I held that date for a week and built up anticipation the whole time, to eventually get thrown back into the July queue.
Haven’t moved since…
I tried to reach out to any SA really, to see if maybe I could get that “priority list promise” just to make myself feel better about it, but I can’t get anyone to respond to me.
The only person who has responded is Jorge when I inquired about switching to plaid, just to make the gears turn faster. But my wallet reminded me that I have taxes to pay and can’t really be doing all that..

If they wouldn’t have given me a date that was never going to happen I’d be in my normal “ignore it until it shows up” but now im just annoyed.
Anyone I could contact to get on this imaginary priority list so at least I feel better about it? Lol
Well, there is really a simple solution - STOP CHECKING!