Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something is up there 🤔 I would lose about 15 miles / 24hrs unplugged in an airport parking lot with Sentry on, checking in the app parodically and in cold weather. (2017 P100D MX)
I don’t even check too much from the app because I have Sentry off at home so there is nothing to check. I am going to monitor until the service appointment and if it continues, may need them to check it out.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I don’t even check too much from the app because I have Sentry off at home so there is nothing to check. I am going to monitor until the service appointment and if it continues, may need them to check it out.
Try turning Sentry off completely. If GPS drifts it may not think you are home.

I lose 1-2 miles a day on my S since I got it in March. Sentry Off. Same with the X before it. Same with the 3 before that. So I don’t know about any new App feature making it better or worse.

Ordered in Feb of 2022, delivery estimate still showing October but if I ordered NOW the website shows a range of August-October. Any idea when I should realistically expect delivery? Located in Austin, TX. Thanks!
Many of us here have been waiting over a year. I currently have a “July” EDD with no specific range, and have been waiting close to 400 days. So, I would not assume that any expected delivery date will be accurate. If you ordered a Plaid you’ll likely see it sooner than an LR, but it’s still very unpredictable.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Many of us here have been waiting over a year. I currently have a “July” EDD with no specific range, and have been waiting close to 400 days. So, I would not assume that any expected delivery date will be accurate. If you ordered a Plaid you’ll likely see it sooner than an LR, but it’s still very unpredictable.
Yes, I should have specified, it’s a Plaid order.

Re: CarPlay I am not quite there yet. Skipping ahead in podcasts (Overcast) using BT is a perceptible time lag from the tap to the actual skip. Waze with the police presence heads up is also an important one I miss esp with the ease to get to 90mph without even realizing it 😀
I set a 15 mph over PSL warning that I really like. Doesn’t false often. I set it 5 mph over where I prefer to be.

Some folks run Tesla Waze on the browser. I tried it once but can’t be bothered. Might be worth checking out. Some like it.

Last edited:
Ordered in Feb of 2022, delivery estimate still showing October but if I ordered NOW the website shows a range of August-October. Any idea when I should realistically expect delivery? Located in Austin, TX. Thanks!
Based on our spreadsheet the people with more recent Plaid orders seem to be getting the car in 50-200 days from their order date, but it varies quite widely. It will probably depend a lot on location and configuration.

I was VIN’d Jan 4th for pick up at the factory and didn’t take delivery until 2/10. That wasn’t my first scheduled delivery either. It was my third. I think it’s more than just trucking issues. Had a lot of issues back then and still seems the case with current deliveries. They stated the delay was due to a long inspection of the vehicle.
Huh. Interesting. I’m being very optimistic, but perhaps they’re installing the tilt motors in all of the undelivered cars.

Do share pics of your debadged/wrapped T. Would like to see how this looks - especially on white, the chrome looks out of place for sure!
Here are some pics. After going back and forth about it a few times, I switched from the matte lettering to the emblem.

Attachments

• E7CAABD3-2B19-45D2-B076-14F0267EFECE.jpeg
    E7CAABD3-2B19-45D2-B076-14F0267EFECE.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 9570E140-F15F-4773-9B5F-BE2C1B795173.jpeg
    9570E140-F15F-4773-9B5F-BE2C1B795173.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 99
  • D307CF90-0089-4982-BD69-F00540AFFC1C.jpeg
    D307CF90-0089-4982-BD69-F00540AFFC1C.jpeg
    534.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 3E3A1C09-A131-4F19-B638-5CB44651C867.jpeg
    3E3A1C09-A131-4F19-B638-5CB44651C867.jpeg
    552.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 5531B6BF-EE0E-4EA7-9152-BA4FA9060798.jpeg
    5531B6BF-EE0E-4EA7-9152-BA4FA9060798.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 96
For those of you who wonder whether Plaid order gets priority and if so, by how much, I did a Bayesian modeling with MCMC (Markov chain Monte Carlo) by using the data in the tracking spreadsheet. The report is attached. It's actually an open-end project required by my class, for which I selected modeling the delivery time for the refreshed Model X, since I'm a long-time diver in this forum. I did this project in a rush so please forgive me if you found errors or limitations. I know there must be a lot of them, plus the bias of the data itself.

Anyway, the conclusion is that Plaid order does get delivery earlier, as expected, but only by an average of 54 days, comparing to Long Range orders. The mean implied from the MCMC is 456 days (Long Range) vs 402 days (Plaid). However, as folks already mentioned earlier, the number of days saving is in a wide range.

I also did the same thing for FSD vs non-FSD orders, which I didn't put in the report. And the result, may be to some's surprise, is that no statistically difference is observed between FSD and non-FSD orders. So seems like adding FSD does not really help in getting the car earlier.

Hope this information is helpful for folks who are considering switching to Plaid or adding FSD in order to get the car sooner. The cutoff time of the information used from the spreadsheet is 4/22. Any newer information is not taken into consideration (I waited to get my project graded before posting it here). As Tesla ramps up the production, I would imagine the actual average delivery time should be less than the modeling results.

I'm more than happy to hear comments and suggestions, particularly for the modeling techniques, as I know it's a rather simple modeling application.

Attachments

• Project_ModelX Delivery.pdf
    395.1 KB · Views: 73
For those of you who wonder whether Plaid order gets priority and if so, by how much, I did a Bayesian modeling with MCMC (Markov chain Monte Carlo) by using the data in the tracking spreadsheet. The report is attached. It's actually an open-end project required by my class, for which I selected modeling the delivery time for the refreshed Model X, since I'm a long-time diver in this forum. I did this project in a rush so please forgive me if you found errors or limitations. I know there must be a lot of them, plus the bias of the data itself.

Anyway, the conclusion is that Plaid order does get delivery earlier, as expected, but only by an average of 54 days, comparing to Long Range orders. The mean implied from the MCMC is 456 days (Long Range) vs 402 days (Plaid). However, as folks already mentioned earlier, the number of days saving is in a wide range.

I also did the same thing for FSD vs non-FSD orders, which I didn't put in the report. And the result, may be to some's surprise, is that no statistically difference is observed between FSD and non-FSD orders. So seems like adding FSD does not really help in getting the car earlier.

Hope this information is helpful for folks who are considering switching to Plaid or adding FSD in order to get the car sooner. The cutoff time of the information used from the spreadsheet is 4/22. Any newer information is not taken into consideration (I waited to get my project graded before posting it here). As Tesla ramps up the production, I would imagine the actual average delivery time should be less than the modeling results.

I'm more than happy to hear comments and suggestions, particularly for the modeling techniques, as I know it's a rather simple modeling application.
I'd be interested to know, and others have commented, how long Cali orders deliver as opposed to the rest of the country. Or maybe by region?

Reactions: ironwill96
Makes me wonder how Tesla can still honor prices from over a year ago. Must be little profit in it.
Very likely they’ve done the analysis so that the mix of deliveries for these older orders are spread out. If the quarter is on track to do well, then a little hit with delivering older priced orders can be absorbed.