Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P.s. I also hate BMW looks and would never buy another ICE (even hybrid) again unless I needed a heavy duty tow vehicle as EVs still don’t have the range to tow any meaningful distance with a heavy trailer.
I'm not expecting Elon to let that 500+ range Cybertruck nor Model X exist with those specs. I hope I'm wrong.

Wonder how long until the Model X gets the Matrix headlights.

here is someone post comparing old headlight with new matrix one.

I kinda regretted that post as soon as I wrote it. I hate to be "that guy", who complains on this forum. My delivery date has been rescheduled yet again (the Sixth time) since I posted it, but I have resolved to maintain low expectations so I don't end up frustrated. In the end, I will have my car for many years and this dysfunctional delivery process will fade from my memory.
I’m a VINNER! LR, 5 seat, FSD, 22”, MSM with white interiors, ordered 4/15/2021. I plan to apply for financing, do you all think I should start applying now? Even if the date gets pushed back a bit, I think the financing approval is typically for 30 days, correct?
View attachment 802489
I got my VIN 3422xx on Friday morning 5/6/22. That was two days after it was born on 5/4/22 as confirmed by my SA. Vehicle is expected in Irvine 5/21/22, so I would imagine my delivery will be 5/23-5/27.
Build: LR6/MSM/White/20”/NoFSD - ordered 2/12/21.
My EDD range was/is 5/18-5/27.

I'm not expecting Elon to let that 500+ range Cybertruck nor Model X exist with those specs. I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah I think he doesn’t care about the niche use case when Tesla is so constrained with cell supplies.

I’d love to have a 600 mile base range Tesla that can tow at least 8,000 pounds for an effective range of 300 miles. Would make towing a decent size RV totally doable since you can charge up at the RV site.

Yeah they might be trained to give answers like this, or we're all talking to the same guy.
As a former employee, I can tell you we were often given three levels of responses to common questions. If the first didn’t close the conversation we moved on the the next. Unfortunately most employees are not fanatics like us here so they honestly didn’t know a lot of details. All advisors have access to “Garage” and for undelivered vehicles they can ping the last known GPS location.

Wonder how long until the Model X gets the Matrix headlights.

here is someone post comparing old headlight with new matrix one.

Until they ran out of the old stock.

As a former employee, I can tell you we were often given three levels of responses to common questions. If the first didn’t close the conversation we moved on the the next. Unfortunately most employees are not fanatics like us here so they honestly didn’t know a lot of details. All advisors have access to “Garage” and for undelivered vehicles they can ping the last known GPS location.
Thanks- nice to have a former insider here. Do SA’s peruse these forums much? And often they talk about “the system” as if it’s this sentient AI, and when I’m trying to detach from a VIN (old, and/or suspect field model) they talk about not wanting to “anger” it (get canceled). What’s really going on? Why does it seem like no one at Tesla really understands how this ordering and VIN assignment system works?

Thanks- nice to have a former insider here. Do SA’s peruse these forums much? And often they talk about “the system” as if it’s this sentient AI, and when I’m trying to detach from a VIN (old, and/or suspect field model) they talk about not wanting to “anger” it (get canceled). What’s really going on? Why does it seem like no one at Tesla really understands how this ordering and VIN assignment system works?
Sadly, it’s just a job to most of the front line. Sure they are stoked and proud when the stock is up but for the most part it’s just a 9-5. I was one of the very few who actually owned a Tesla.

Ummm did I just see my own X going towards the lathrop distribution center from Fremont? Black X with 22s that aligns with my current delivery window of 5/11-5/17… coincidence, I think not! (I choose to believe not lol)
593917CA-3D87-4A4B-84E6-2F3C88BC72FD.jpeg