Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accepted delivery last night! It was the most rewarding feeling after working on the spreadsheet for so long to mark my name as Delivered :)

I will need to spend a day with it before I can give some more tangible information.. but I wanted to give a quick rundown. Ill post again this weekend.

First off, @icebear1987 I unfortunately did not see your car in the lot.
The Mt. Kisco location has a small physical lot for a high throughput of cars. What I did find interesting was when I found out that my car actually arrived in a railyard in NJ a week ago on 5/18. It sat there for a week before they brought it over to the SC for delivery.

• While doing my inspection, under the drivers seat I found these papers...
    View attachment 808929Headliner being the interior wood trim pieces? I am not sure. Everything looked okay though!
  • Delivered with 16 miles on it! Not bad.
    View attachment 808931
  • Maybe it is just where I have my drivers seat located.. but I found the audio to be very heavily weighted towards the front. I needed to balance it back a little bit for a more full sound.
    View attachment 808932
  • I had a few issues at delivery:
    • Paint chip on the front corners of the hood
      • SC brought out a paint fix kit and detailed it right at delivery! After it dried I couldn't tell.
    • Bottom bumper is slightly off white. I am requesting a replacement bumper. More obvious in person and in sunlight.
      View attachment 808933
    • All 4 headrests had weird sticker residue on it. I can't remove it with water.. going to have them address.
      View attachment 808934
    • Passenger seat crease/wrinkles. I am requesting they replace or reupholster.
      View attachment 808935
Other than that all is well! :)
Interesting, my bumper gotten same issues, too delivery last week,we noted upon delivery, with other cosmetic stuff

I saw some VIN's have been assigned, so I decided to check my account. I'm back to December 2022 to April 2023. Crazy:mad:
I just thought that maybe it’s a good sign to get narrow range or vin. You know in the past, the vinners usually have date range and go back to July 2022 and then several days later, they get vin and assigned for delivery appointment. Let’s just think positive!

So Carvana and Tesla are low balling my 2018 M3LR. Attempting Carmax and private party today.

I find it ironic that Tesla insurance won’t let you add the car to your policy from the app, I have to call and talk to an agent.

I’m also being forced home delivery, even after I’ve specifically said SC pick up.

We ordered January 2021. About two weeks ago on May 13th, our date range changed from July 2022 to May 29 - June 19. Then this past weekend it changed again to October 13 - December 22. Been a looooong wait already and was very bummed to see it change this drastically

So Carvana and Tesla are low balling my 2018 M3LR. Attempting Carmax and private party today.

I find it ironic that Tesla insurance won’t let you add the car to your policy from the app, I have to call and talk to an agent.

I’m also being forced home delivery, even after I’ve specifically said SC pick up.
Sorry to hear. Do you have FSD on it? I have a 2018 M3 LR that I’m trading in for my MX LR - if you put your VIN in, at least a couple quotes I got for it didn’t give any credit for FSD. When you get your value, insist on make and model instead. That way you’ll get a few thousand credit at least.

This is almost sacrilegious to post here, but I’ve gotta say the Rivian SUV back row looks more spacious inside than the X. And keep in mind I’m buying a model X and NOT a Rivian. IMO the Rivian is a breath away from being vaporware. I don’t hate Rivian; in fact it’s the closest thing to a real EV company that I know of after Tesla.

I know the X is more aerodynamic but SUVs are about Utility more than efficiency.

I hope Tesla comes out with a full size SUV someday like a Tahoe/Escalade.

That R1S is a big square box, it better have the extra room. I'm gonna try to convince my wife who loves her Nav XL and that silly big size, to finally go electric with the R1S. She had cancelled her order, but maybe can be convinced?

I think there might be a misconception that MX cars need to visit the field before delivery. In a perfect world, they are just like the M3 and MY.. right off the assembly line and into a delivery lot queue.
that there are few in the field means there are less issues stopping distribution. No 3rd wave of field X's. Yet.