Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN yesterday (bday). Was quite the surprise and pumped to be nearing actually receiving the car. QRD - Ordered 8/10/21. Got Feb/April/June/Aug-Oct...delivery windows on app, then last week upgraded to July 2-25. Yesterday got the text I had been assigned a VIN, and my new delivery dates are July 7-11. I'm now engaging my brain a little. VIN seems super old. Can anyone help me understand what I've been given? Should I reply to the text I rec'd and ask build date? MXLR 6 seater Silver w Cream

VIN - 3518xx

Got my VIN yesterday (bday). Was quite the surprise and pumped to be nearing actually receiving the car. QRD - Ordered 8/10/21. Got Feb/April/June/Aug-Oct...delivery windows on app, then last week upgraded to July 2-25. Yesterday got the text I had been assigned a VIN, and my new delivery dates are July 7-11. I'm now engaging my brain a little. VIN seems super old. Can anyone help me understand what I've been given? Should I reply to the text I rec'd and ask build date? MXLR 6 seater Silver w Cream

VIN - 3518xx
Whoops. I was reading the S entries. Looks like its about right for the MX VIN list.

VIN - 3518xx
That’sa pretty recent vin

VIN - 3518xx
That VIN is not that old. I took delivery of a 3408xx last week that was built in April. You can call Tesla and they will tell you build date.

Anyone else submit a Tesla trade in and not receive a response for over a week? Is that normal? EDD for MXP ordered 6/10/22 holding steady at 8/14-9/25. It is annoying that it tells you to complete your tasks when waiting for Tesla to respond to the trade-in details which are completed.

Just got home from our trip and thoroughly inspected the car. Other than the originally shared photos of the misaligned trim, the car looks really good. I did notice a small blemish on the hood, but I’m pretty confident it will buff out or be handled during the paint correction when I get it wrapped in a couple of weeks. I sure wouldn’t risk asking Tesla to fix it versus OCDetailing.

I did notice the car was delivered with 2022.16.2, which was the latest firmware at the time of delivery.

A few differences I immediately noticed versus our 2017 X that we previously had.

1. The door handles don’t have that “click” sensation and seem closer to a touch to trigger the door to open. Not a complaint or a compliment, just noticed the difference.

2. The trunk area has a bit more usable space - both in the bottom storage and side extra side storage. Will be nice to have.

3. I definitely don’t recall the cables looping down from the back of the 3rd row seat. Perhaps they were better hidden but they’re pretty prominent now. Not a big deal, as it’s not something often seen but it’s one of those examples of laziness in design that I don’t like.

So far, that’s the end of the list of my first world problems.

Anyone else submit a Tesla trade in and not receive a response for over a week? Is that normal? EDD for MXP ordered 6/10/22 holding steady at 8/14-9/25. It is annoying that it tells you to complete your tasks when waiting for Tesla to respond to the trade-in details which are completed.
It's me. I updated the odometer reading on June 25, but got nothing back yet.

Finally picked up the MXP last night, after they kept pushing back the pick up time (1pm, 4pm, 7pm) then got the "text" at 10PM. They switched VIN in the last moment as the original VIN was still in the QC but they need to meet EOQ.

Got to the Fremont factory (via Uber) and there were dozens of employees still cleaning and wiping down cars at 11pm. Didn't see many customers picking up at this time. Brought my flash light and checked off as many items as I could from the checklist. The car looked great, no egregious problems I could find. Both interior and exterior looked well put together (no dangling panels or exposed wires). Most irritating aspect was that the car was only 60% charged, had to go to a supercharger and spend a few bucks ($9) to get it to 90%. Will spend more time inspecting the vehicle in the sunlight today, I was told I had 24 hours or 100 miles (whichever comes first) to report any issues.

Here are some photos.

View attachment 823575

View attachment 823576

View attachment 823579

View attachment 823580

Steering wheel has an odd "S" like imprint on the airbag. Not sure if I should report that.

View attachment 823581

This forum has been very helpful as I was lurking on it for a few weeks before pulling the trigger, thank you all. Honestly, i was surprised i was able to pick-up the vehicle in a month's time - was not expecting this. Now I have to figure out which car to get rid of! :)
uhm is it your cameras refresh rate or is your drive side brake light out?

We just returned a Lexus RX 450 HL. Those extra inches behind the third row really do make a difference, especially when you do an airport pick up and need room for luggage. I don’t like the look as much but the functionality is more important.
The X also has extra room under the 2nd row seats to store back packs and smaller or soft sided luggage. That, plus the handy frunk, could make the Mighty X an option for you. Refreshed X also has some additional storage cut outs on the sides of the hatch area and larger storage below.

My phone rang this afternoon with a call from “Tesla Motors”, six days after I took delivery of my MXLR. Before I answered, my thoughts raced through the various problems they could be calling me about. Nope. They called from the SC where I took delivery just to make sure I didn’t have any questions or issues with the car. I had no questions or problems to report and thanked him for the call. There is a lot of Tesla-bashing on social media about QC, poor SA knowledge, poor customer service,etc. (some of which is justified), but it was nice to get this call. I assume this is standard fare, but I don’t recall getting a call when I purchased a Model 3 a couple of years ago.

Sometimes it takes a while. My original submission took just a day or so. Some of the subsequent mileage updates were just as quick. but a couple of them took 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: Jbapckfan