Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla experience has been infuriating

Ordered and waited for a 3 back when it was announced, and drove it for 2 years or so (accumulating 4 referrals along the way) until someone lit it on fire while it was parked at a train station in Tacoma, WA. I ordered a refresh Model X on June 28th, 2021 and called Tesla to explain the fire situation and was told I was put on their priority list. After a year or so of zero communication and delivery date changes, I was texted by Tesla on June 26th that my car was finally available, and to select a delivery date. The text noted I was to select a delivery date and "reply to this message if you need assistance" and I did that, as I was in Nevada, and wouldn't be back in WA state on any of the dates that I had to select from for delivery dates (i was given 2 options, June 28 or 29... obviously a push to get it in at the end of Q2)

I responded to the text with "I need assistance" on the 26th, and got no response from Tesla until the 27th. At 9:30am i got a reply that said "how can we help" (i was asleep) and by the time I woke up i received a subsequent text at 12:30pm stating that since I had not selected a delivery date they had re-assigned my car to someone else, and to select "I'm ready" in the app when I would be ready to take delivery. At this point I still haven't spoken to a single person at Tesla.

That same day I did select the "I'm ready" button, and was re-assigned a VIN (unknown if it was the same vehicle) and on that same Monday was able to talk to someone at Tesla. I was prepared to wire funds to them, and could sign all the paperwork while in Nevada, and had a few people who could have taken delivery of the vehicle. The rep I spoke to confirmed with his manager that they wouldn't be able to do that as I had to be there in person, and since the car was already en route to WA I couldn't take delivery in Nevada. I was unable to leave Nevada in time to make it to WA, so they re-assigned the VIN to someone else

Now my estimated delivery date in Oct 12-Dec 7.

They told me I was on the "priority list" (that I am supposed to have been on since my car was lit on fire back in 2021) and that the way I may get a car sooner than that date is if someone else with the same build declines a car before that. I asked very blunty "why wouldn't you just assign the next VIN matching my build to me?" and was told "we don't have any communication with that department"

Black ext/white int 22" no FSD 5 seater
offered to switch to 6 or plaid if it got me the car sooner due to the arson as well
If you switch to plaid you will have your car within 3 weeks. It’s worked for many that we’re tired of waiting. Including me. Besides, the plaid is amazing!!!

This one is new I think. Mis-aligned how? Rotationally? Or is it as if it's bent on the steering shaft? What did Tesla say about fixing it?
It’s just off-axis rotationally (straight-ahead driving requires that I’m steering the yoke slightly to the right).
My model 3 had the same issue at delivery. According to the service center there were some alignment issues with the wheels for the model 3 so I anticipate the same response when I finally see them.

Thanks for the detail information! Did you ask for the picking up in Fremont site or they automatically assigned for that?
I was chatting with the delivery person over text, they mentioned that they’d be outrageously busy as I’d be taking delivery on the last day of the quarter. I thought it would be a good excuse to take the model 3 out for one last spin before trading in, and to relish the return drive in comfort, so I suggested that if it would make their lives easier I’d pick it up.

It’s just off-axis rotationally (straight-ahead driving requires that I’m steering the yoke slightly to the right).
My model 3 had the same issue at delivery. According to the service center there were some alignment issues with the wheels for the model 3 so I anticipate the same response when I finally see them.
I got the same issue when taking delivery of my MYP. The SC did the alignment for free to fix it.

Reactions: Furtivebadger
The included mats are all I have

And whew they collect dirt fast and are a pain to vacuum thoroughly
I am with the WeatherTech Front and Trunk for our 5 seater. The fit is snug. We’ve decided to not use the very rear trunk mat unless we are going to load something messy, heavy, sharp, etc. It fits so snug that it makes access to lower storage a bit Inconvenient.

I was VIN’ed yesterday then my EDD pushed out three weeks as well. (July 27- Aug 6). It’s asking for a new insurance policy with my new VIN- I’ll start getting some quotes but had thought I could do that as it gets closer or after the fact. Might use this as an opportunity to look at Tesla Insurance as it’s offered here in TX.

I was VIN’ed yesterday then my EDD pushed out three weeks as well. (July 27- Aug 6). It’s asking for a new insurance policy with my new VIN- I’ll start getting some quotes but had thought I could do that as it gets closer or after the fact. Might use this as an opportunity to look at Tesla Insurance as it’s offered here in TX.
Can't speak for other states, but here in TX, you need to have insurance before they will let you pick up the car. My insurance agent is fast, so I added it a couple of days before pickup date and was able to upload the files.

Reactions: bobusn and MGreene