Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been covered many times. Nothing to do with the tires/wheels in this particular case.
Oh well! I feel sorry for all y’all. I have none of the vibration at any speed! Oct’21 build.

With all the suspension upgrades I have (MPP), there’s no rubber bushings in my suspension and I can feel every crack in the road on the steering. So any vibrations would surely have come through.

Oh well! I feel sorry for all y’all. I have none of the vibration at any speed! Oct’21 build.

With all the suspension upgrades I have (MPP), there’s no rubber bushings in my suspension and I can feel every crack in the road on the steering. So any vibrations would surely have come through.
Hard to say. Some people just don’t notice it.

• Funny
Reactions: MFrunkerOG
I have an appointment this Saturday for my AC smell( most likely will end up paying for a HEPA filter) but i noticed they added a service item on their own to update the software to reduce vibration during acceleration!!!

Anyone got an intel on this? Did they finally change the torque (increase torque at that speed range) curve to minimize that vibration? Will report when i get the car back next week.

IMG_6063.png

I have an appointment this Saturday for my AC smell( most likely will end up paying for a HEPA filter) but i noticed they added a service item on their own to update the software to reduce vibration during acceleration!!!

Anyone got an intel on this? Did they finally change the torque (increase torque at that speed range) curve to minimize that vibration? Will report when i get the car back next week.

View attachment 1006053
Interesting. Please keep us posted !

Reactions: jebinc
Took the vibrating mid 2021 Plaid out for the first time since 44.30.7 installation yesterday.... It was about a 15 mile round trip. For the most part, no real vibration in the typical zone of 38-48 (low or med height), but there is still a muted vibration (mostly at med height) in the mid to upper 50's. Once above 62, there is no vibration. Would love for others to test for vibration in the 50's at low and med height settings. Not sure if the improvements stem from randomness, or if 44.30.7 had a fix for those left out, previously. Perhaps some of the older COVID build cars had different inverters or suppliers. Who knows....

Absolutely nothing changed for me,
June 2023 build bought new, zero accidents/incidents to date (knock wood).

First start cold 38-40 mph vibe still there low or medium height. Always disappears lickety split after 30 seconds or so of driving to not return until the next extended stop.

Else buttery smooth, all the time up to 190 mph, and Im obsessive about any type of extraneous nvh on all my vehicles (eg roadforce balance every tire rotation at trusted tire shop).

Default to low, t2 ps4s, n2itive arms with sus aligned to spec, track pack brakes + zero runout verified Forgeline wheels (~20 lbs unsprung mass removed per corner).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1100MCM and jebinc
Absolutely nothing changed for me,
June 2023 build bought new.

First start cold 38-40 mph vibe still there low or medium height. Always disappears lickety split after 30 seconds or so of driving to not return until the next extended stop.

Else buttery smooth, all the time up to 190 mph, and Im obsessive about any type of extraneous nvh on all my vehicles (Eg roadforce balance every tire rotation at trusted tire shop).
It’s been established the TSB doesn’t address that particular vibration.

What I’m sharing is a data point that a vibe free MSP remains a vibe free MSP pre and post latest 44.7.
Well, I’m of the firm belief that all MSPs vibrate to some degree before the TSB, but mileage can often play a factor. My 2021 Plaid didn’t vibrate till 1400 miles, whereas my 2022 vibrated on the way home from Tesla.

In any case, for most, if not all - the vibrations at ~35-50 should be all but eliminated, but the startup vibration (only on 2022-2023 models) will still be there.