Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reliability of Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I use summon quite a bit. She uses it every time she pulls in and out of the garage when I'm parked inside as well and I do the same when she's parked inside. We have a Model S and X in the garage. The other day, my mom was visiting and she was parked behind one of the garage doors in the driveway, leaving more than enough room for my car to pull out of the garage.

This is how the car looked before I aborted Summon:
TSSPVB

I don't understand how the parking sensors weren't able to pick up the other car. Usually Summon senses everything around the car. Has anyone else had any similar problems?

My wife and I use summon quite a bit. She uses it every time she pulls in and out of the garage when I'm parked inside as well and I do the same when she's parked inside. We have a Model S and X in the garage. The other day, my mom was visiting and she was parked behind one of the garage doors in the driveway, leaving more than enough room for my car to pull out of the garage.

This is how the car looked before I aborted Summon:
TSSPVB

I don't understand how the parking sensors weren't able to pick up the other car. Usually Summon senses everything around the car. Has anyone else had any similar problems?
I can't load the photo. What happened? What's the before/after picture?

We've used it daily (in and out) since September as the space in the garage is too tight with the other car in there and haven't had a problem. Haven't had the opportunity to test it with another car in the driveway, though.

I've had a similar issue pulling in. For whatever reason the car wasn't going in straight and angled towards the garage wall. I haven't had an issue backing out though.

It looks like you have AP2, so it should've been even better at spotting that

We've never had problems before, this was the only incident but I started getting too comfortable using it and I've been thinking of starting Summon while I was still inside the house. Figured I should share this just in case anyone else started thinking the same thing.

DO WHAT TESLA SAYS AND WATCH THE VEHICLE AND BE READY TO INTERVENE!

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I've had a similar issue pulling in. For whatever reason the car wasn't going in straight and angled towards the garage wall. I haven't had an issue backing out though.

It looks like you have AP2, so it should've been even better at spotting that

I believe it only uses the parking sensors for Summon but I could be wrong and the camera's are used as well.