Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought app 8 months ago... worked 1 week. Ever since, always says "cannot connect Tesla servers are overloaded". Tried deleting and reinstalling. No luck. What's up with that?
Download the newest update, and it should be working fine again.

Home Link works again !!! Yay !

This is really cool. This allows me to step in and out of the house for a walk through the garage without taking the house keys with me.
I know! It's my most used command. I leave my Tesla plugged in and can't use the HomeLink on the official app because the Summon button doesn't appear. But with my app, the Tesla can still be plugged in and the HomeLink still works. So convenient to not have to type in my pin. Also it came in very useful when my neighbors needed to put something away in my garage but I wasn't home. I just opened the garage remotely using the HomeLink button and then closed it again when they were done. Never had to share my garage PIN with them.

Just picked up my car, and Remote S was my first post-pickup purchase! Now I guess I need to wait until I can actually use it (or the Tesla app)... hopefully it activates soon.
Did you buy it new from the website or used? If you bought it new, it should already be activated since the first day (at least it did for me). If it's used, then I think you have to call Tesla or email them and let them know what you want to add your car to your MyTesla account.

Did you buy it new from the website or used? If you bought it new, it should already be activated since the first day (at least it did for me). If it's used, then I think you have to call Tesla or email them and let them know what you want to add your car to your MyTesla account.

It was new (well, an inventory test drive car). If it isn't working, I'll give them a call tomorrow. I already have a few issues they need to look at. :( (passenger door speaker rattle, bumper sensor not flush)

Supercharged today with 3.3.1 and the new instantaneous power number showed 0.00 kW the whole time. It showed the right value charging with an HPWC earlier today.
Immediately drove to the nearest supercharger and looked for the bug. It's now fixed. I'll push the update to Apple when I get home from the supercharger.

image.png

Been using your App for a couple of months and it's brilliant.. Any chance for a wish list for future releases to include remote switching on of rear window heater and heated seats? Getting to that time of year this would be a really useful option to be able to remotely turn on/off.

Been using your App for a couple of months and it's brilliant.. Any chance for a wish list for future releases to include remote switching on of rear window heater and heated seats? Getting to that time of year this would be a really useful option to be able to remotely turn on/off.

That would also be on the top of my list, unfortunately it's not supported on the Tesla API. Those Californians just do not understand cold weather ;)

Download the newest update, and it should be working fine again.

I know! It's my most used command. I leave my Tesla plugged in and can't use the HomeLink on the official app because the Summon button doesn't appear. But with my app, the Tesla can still be plugged in and the HomeLink still works. So convenient to not have to type in my pin. Also it came in very useful when my neighbors needed to put something away in my garage but I wasn't home. I just opened the garage remotely using the HomeLink button and then closed it again when they were done. Never had to share my garage PIN with them.

Am I recalling correctly that the remote Homelink function does not work with pre AP. "Classic" models?

Loving the updated app, especially the watch integration -- makes for a much better, faster experience on daily use but also as a demo!

Some questions;
1. HVAC: the phone app no longer shows the little blowing wind icon to indicate hvac is on -- I think the only way to tell visually is if the little fan has a number beside it?
- on the watch, my HVAC is on (via the phone app) but the Watch hvac screen says HVAC off (yet the fan icon indicates the fan Speed, and the first page of the watch app shows the little wind icon).

2. It would be good to have some indicator on the watch app to show when the last stat update is - while this is much much better than before, there are still lags. Not sure where you can add the last update info (perhaps under the car icon like the phone app, or cycling between car name and updated time at top -- I could live without firmware version on the watch for efficiency) but it would be great to see on the watch.

Keep up the great work!

Attachments

• IMG_9908.PNG
    IMG_9908.PNG
    72 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9909.PNG
    IMG_9909.PNG
    74.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Loving the updated app, especially the watch integration -- makes for a much better, faster experience on daily use but also as a demo!

Some questions;
1. HVAC: the phone app no longer shows the little blowing wind icon to indicate hvac is on -- I think the only way to tell visually is if the little fan has a number beside it?
- on the watch, my HVAC is on (via the phone app) but the Watch hvac screen says HVAC off (yet the fan icon indicates the fan Speed, and the first page of the watch app shows the little wind icon).

2. It would be good to have some indicator on the watch app to show when the last stat update is - while this is much much better than before, there are still lags. Not sure where you can add the last update info (perhaps under the car icon like the phone app, or cycling between car name and updated time at top -- I could live without firmware version on the watch for efficiency) but it would be great to see on the watch.

Keep up the great work!
1. The phone app never showed the little wind icon. The visual way to tell is when a blue fan icon appears to the right of the car.
2. The app screen is already really crowded to fit a last updated text. There will be updates in the future that will keep the info updated in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.