Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There used to be a wiki guide on here that said all the features and instructions on how to use the app on this website. I guess someone deleted it. But the hidden buttons are found in the release notes for each major version upgrade. And even the minor updates will still have the major updates listed below it. For the majority of hidden buttons, it's found under the 3.0 release notes. If you go to the app page, and click on Version History, you can read it. I'm not going to paste it here, in case someone would rather discover the easter eggs on their own - and also because it's a very long block of text.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, the purpose of the request was so I could save the info into the notes app so I could refer to it easily. But Apple doesn't allow one to copy text from the App Store app. So, while I can read the info, I can not copy it so it is easier to access it when I need to refresh my recall of it. With so many secret menus it is difficult to remember how to access each item. Any suggestions how this could be accomplished?

With so many secret menus it is difficult to remember how to access each item.
Here are the secret menus:
- Tapping on the Charge Limit % opens up the slider controls for charge limit and driver/passenger temperature settings.
- Tapping on the top-left area of the car stats box (where the Current is) toggles the command menu.
- Long pressing the middle-right area of the car stats box (where the Fan Speed/Outside temperature is) toggles climate control.
- Long pressing the middle-left area of the car stats box (where the Usage/Voltage/Charge rate is) toggles lock/unlock.
- Long pressing the bottom-right area of the car stats box (where the Ideal/Rated range is) opens the app settings page.
- Long pressing the bottom-middle area of the car stats box (where the Estimated range is) unlocks and keyless starts your car.
- Long pressing the bottom-left area of the car stats box (where the Charge % is) opens the car selector and signout menu.
- Tapping on the top-right area of the car stats box (where the Inside Temp is) toggles the roof settings menu if you have a pano roof installed. Otherwise it toggles the charge limit and temperature sliders.
- Tapping on each pin's info bubble now gives you the distance from your car to the pin as well as directions on how to get there and the ability to copy the full address or coordinates to your clipboard.
- Tapping on the Remote S logo on the top of the app gets you to more commands, including Camp Mode, which can keep your AC on indefinitely.
- Tapping on the blue car graphic or the "Updated at" text will attempt to wake your car if it's asleep and try to reconnect to the car. This is useful for those who don't have "Always Connected" turned on in their car.

All this block of text is hard to memorize, so I made graphical instructions for the app:
TTwK1G6.jpg

EL7YW4w.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Thank you so very much.

Edit:

The above comment was my reaction from just seeing it. I just took this info into the Note App and it works fabulous. I totally agree, the graphical description is so much better. It's easier to assimilate the instructions. And to also be able to reference back to it in an easy to use way too. In my opinion, the value of your app just shot up through the moon. I had no concept or idea your app would do so much more than I now understand. I believe others would agree.

Thank you again with your follow through. Much appreciated by me and I am quite sure everyone else.

Cheers

Last edited:
Allen:

Are there any non documented options in the Apple Watch aspect of Remote S?
Tapping the map on the last page opens the map app with the current car's position. Then from there you can get directions to the car.

There's a way to zoom in/out of the map as well as turning off the breadcrumb tracking. They're found on the Force Touch menu for the page you get to after you press the bottom-right button on the 3rd page. If you have a pano roof, then that'd be the Pano roof page. Every page has a force touch menu. Try it out to discover functions you may not have realized were there (such as preset temperatures settings located at the Driver/Passenger temperature page).
Allan,

I'm sure you've been asked many times to develop an Android Wear version of the app. Any updates on this or do you not plan to support that platform.
I will have a better answer for this question when I'm further in my Android development.

Allen, I have a question regarding the ODO data on the charge item.
In my case it shows 5'560.98 on the charge item and on the trip item I got ODO 8'997.72 (km).
What this number (5'560.98) represents ? Thanks in advance for your advise.
BTW you have done a great job with this app.

In my case it shows 5'560.98 on the charge item and on the trip item I got ODO 8'997.72 (km).
The conversion doesn't look exactly right based on your numbers but I expect the first one is miles.

If the second number was actually 8947.72 then @msnow is right, it's miles vs km.

I have a question regarding the app on the Apple Watch with Watch OS3: Where can I choose, which range is displayed, I would prefer typical over the displayed estimated.
I could be wrong about this, but I think it's based on the setting chosen in your car. If not, then you can find that value on the second screen.

Allen,

Can lock/unlock the car using the Apple Watch ?
Thanks for your reply.
Yes and all the other functions. Just press down harder on your Apple Watch to bring up the Force Touch menu. There's a Force Touch menu on every screen in the Apple Watch version of Remote S.

Status
Not open for further replies.