Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen,

Echo works with IFTTT, using the word "trigger" followed by any phrase to trigger a recipe. So, you could say "Alexa, trigger Tesla heat" or "Alexa, trigger garage door" to specifically launch a dedicated web link. All you'd need to provide would be a link that triggers an event, allowing the user to append their custom car information. The Maker Channel (Connect Maker to hundreds of apps - IFTTT), for example, can make or receive webhooks.

The the beauty of an IFTTT solution is that it's not limited to Echo as the interface but any sensor or input, from time schedules, to locations, to weather conditions.

(Hope your recovery continues to be going well.)

It's a possibility. This would require me to run a server that interacts with Tesla's servers. I've explored this possibility when I realized how strict Apple was with apps running in the background. There's much I can do with scheduling if I ran a 24/7 server that handles requests instead of through the app. This would be a separate project from Remote S, and if there's enough interest in it, I would be open to creating the server.

It's a possibility. This would require me to run a server that interacts with Tesla's servers. I've explored this possibility when I realized how strict Apple was with apps running in the background. There's much I can do with scheduling if I ran a 24/7 server that handles requests instead of through the app. This would be a separate project from Remote S, and if there's enough interest in it, I would be open to creating the server.

I think a lot of people would be interested in things involving scheduling. Id pay for a separate app that has the ability to turn the climate on at a specified time. Although it would still be nice to see some (possible more restricted) version of that in Remote S.

Stupid question: I had to reinstall the app and now I can't find the menu/settings page that allowed me to see decimal places for rated miles, setup confirmation message for unlocking the car, etc. I must have clicked/pressed on every part of the app to no avail :)

Andyw2100, LetsGoFast and of course, Allen, thank you very much and this fantastic information is exactly why I love Teslamotorsclub and don't come near the boards on the official (ly (useless)Tesla Motors website. So informative. I'm going to check all of this out, but yes, Allen, I trust your implementation above all others, so if you are looking for votes to do IFTTT and Echo integration in whatever form or order (it sounds like IFTTT gets you to Echo but you need a remote server for scheduling, unless we all throw up raspberry pi's, which is a lot more complicated), I am in on your implementation.

How about a server app that could be run on a NAS device like Synology? Then the owner would handle his own requests, and a lot of security worries would be solved IMO.

Allen,

I have an iPhone 6S. I really wanted to love your app. The watch app is very well laid out and was the primary reason I purchased. Unfortunately shortly after installing I noticed my phone acting up quite a bit. It was freezing (black screen) on unlock and crashing when I opened your app. Even the watch app started crashing every other time I opened it. I have tried several things like reinstalling the app on both the watch and phone. I even restored my phone completely AND reinstalled remote S. No Joy. So I have deleted the app and my phone is back to functioning normally. I'll be patiently waiting on an update.

Thanks

... I have an iPhone 6S. I really wanted to love your app. The watch app is very well laid out and was the primary reason I purchased. Unfortunately shortly after installing I noticed my phone acting up quite a bit. It was freezing (black screen) on unlock and crashing when I opened your app. Even the watch app started crashing every other time I opened it. I have tried several things like reinstalling the app on both the watch and phone. I even restored my phone completely AND reinstalled remote S. No Joy. So I have deleted the app and my phone is back to functioning normally. I'll be patiently waiting on an update. ...
Except for the app occasionally crashing immediately -- but never if immediately opened again -- I've had no problems on my 6s. (I don't have the Watch.)

Allen,

I have an iPhone 6S. I really wanted to love your app. The watch app is very well laid out and was the primary reason I purchased. Unfortunately shortly after installing I noticed my phone acting up quite a bit. It was freezing (black screen) on unlock and crashing when I opened your app. Even the watch app started crashing every other time I opened it. I have tried several things like reinstalling the app on both the watch and phone. I even restored my phone completely AND reinstalled remote S. No Joy. So I have deleted the app and my phone is back to functioning normally. I'll be patiently waiting on an update.

Thanks

Same here, I assume he's getting the crash logs automatically sent to him.

Sorry if I missed it in the 147 pages. How do I go about linking Siri Voice Commands to the app to use on the Apple Watch? A bit disappointed with the apple watch in general.... Actually, it honestly sucks. If I could get voice command working somehow, it would make it worth wile to keep. If not, I'm going to sell it.

Sorry if I missed it in the 147 pages. How do I go about linking Siri Voice Commands to the app to use on the Apple Watch? A bit disappointed with the apple watch in general.... Actually, it honestly sucks. If I could get voice command working somehow, it would make it worth wile to keep. If not, I'm going to sell it.
Not possible at this time. It is a possible future enhancement.

Sorry to say but this app no longer works for me -- crashes every time it tries to connect to the car. I've re-downloaded, rebooted -- nothing works. It's now useless and aside from an initial acknowledgement of the problem I've gotten no support or fixes whatsoever from the developer. Not good.

Has it by any chance been about 90 days since you first used the app? Have you tried the procedure to force it to obtain a new token from Tesla, as described below?

Heard back from Allen. Try this:
---
Here's how to fix it: Open the main app on the iPhone or iPad. Then sign off
your MyTesla account. After you sign off the app, close the app from the
multitask. Then try signing back in again. The sign off button is found by
pressing the command menu button on the top left, and then pressing the car
icon with the circular arrows around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.