Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awww, to bad. I was enjoying the story and the pictures.

Smart decision though, sounds like you probably will break about even, instead you easily could have ended up at the deep end of a very large money pit trying to get everything working.

37381-well-done-sir-gif-Imgur-Wiserh-Tr7d.gif

Well, you gave it an excellent try it certainly was entertaining to read. I'm sad to see this project end at this juncture rather than a successful revival. Although salt-water damaged everything, would have been quite the miracle.

It's nice to know the shell sold for $10k, you were able to recoup the majority of your investment back. So at the very least the damage wasn't that huge. Hopefully you can recover more of your initial investment back by selling other parts if you have any other lying around.

That said I'm moderately irked by the idea that the new shell owner is going to convert it into an ICE...

THE END

First off...

Id like to thank everyone for your support through this project. Unfortunately, when I was cutting up the battery I had a revelation that I do not have the time, patience or technical skill to bring this car back to life, this has been proven in my previous "careless" posts. There are too many questions I do not have the answers to and too many other things in life that I have to devote time to.

How am I going to make the parts work together?
If after all that time and money, Tesla says no to certifying the car, then what?
I would literally have to find a car with the same exact features to swap the harnesses from to my car.

If you notice, there haven't been pics of the car in quite some time, that was my way of washing my hands with the journey. A guy from an ev company in Texas has been emailing me since the day I got the car. So. Regrettably A few days ago a truck came to pickup my model S project. He says he plans on putting a *gasp* Chevrolet LS motor in the car and converting it into a 2 door... he sent me these pics of him cutting up the chasis...

Unfortunately too many modules were corroded. I just had a shell with no useable electronics, wiring harness needs to be replaced (too much work), pack is now cut into pieces, 4 modules were bad also model s prices used have been Dropping slowly over the last few months. I heard of a cpo going for high 30s which it wouldn't make any sense to have to buy 2 Teslas to make one working car. Not only that but paying 14k for a broken car and another 20k for another broken car is just a silly idea. Sorry for leading everyone on but a week ago I realized the game plan was to disassemble the car, make a little money and call it a day. For 2 months and 200k views and a lot of support this is the end of the road, Sorry to bite the bullet and as much as it burns me I should have heeded the advice of a few naysayers on here.

The car was just a parts car at best. The shell sold for 10k

Sorry to be so anticlimatic

Love
-Harold

The pain was evident in your eyes from the get-go, Harold.

Someone from Houston called me asking if I could help with systems integration to install a Corvette powertrain in a Model S. Could this be the same people that purchased your shell?

No. There are likely tens or hundreds of people doing this across the country. What would the chances be they'd find you through and enthusiast forum where you've been commenting (adding great technical knowledge to the thread) and following this particular thread. There must be hundreds of people chopping up Model S's across the country, right?

• Funny
Reactions: tomas