Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are the possible things that could give me the regen, abs, traction control issue, it may be a combination of two or more of these items or perhaps it's just one thing that's ruining it all.

1) bad wheel speed sensors
2) faulty motor speed sensor
3) faulty abs traction control module
4) battery pack not getting to operating temperature
5) brake cluster sensor (NEGATIVE)
6) poor wiring connection from drive unit to passenger side wiring harness
7) air in brake lines
8) brake power pump

UPDATE

now that I've ruled #5 out, I'm moving onto #7

I decided to give the brakes a quick bleed and found this...

xWGhUb8.jpg
[/IMG]

xWGhUb8.jpg

Ideally, this should be CLEAR, especially for a car thats only a few years old and that doesn't rely much on its braking system. This color indicates the fluid going bad due to heat/overuse OR... since its hygroscopic it naturally tries to absorb as much water from its surroundings as possible..... for a flooded car this sounds ideal...

time to flush this badboy

• Informative
Reactions: alexdav
UPDATE

now that I've ruled #5 out, I'm moving onto #7

I decided to give the brakes a quick bleed and found this...

xWGhUb8.jpg

Ideally, this should be CLEAR, especially for a car thats only a few years old and that doesn't rely much on its braking system. This color indicates the fluid going bad due to heat/overuse OR... since its hygroscopic it naturally tries to absorb as much water from its surroundings as possible..... for a flooded car this sounds ideal...

time to flush this badboy

NEGATIVE..

Flushed the braking system and the error is still there, hey well at least the fluid is clear now!

I'll be moving onto #4

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Have you tried taking off the air filter and opening up the carb all the way. Hehehe!

I used to do that all the time with my 68 mustang. I am so glad those days are gone! Those old muscle car were really pieces of *sugar*!

call it old, outdated, antiquated or obsolete, but I LOVE me my american engines...

Here is my other, other, other, other project

Y5Atl5H.jpg

UPDATE!!!

1) bad wheel speed sensors
2) faulty motor speed sensor
3) faulty abs traction control module
4) battery pack not getting to operating temperature
5) brake cluster sensor NEGATIVE
6) poor wiring connection from drive unit to passenger side wiring harness
7) air in brake lines NEGATIVE
8) brake power pump

onto #4. I doublechecked all of the coolant circulation pumps under the hood and they were confirmed to be working, HOWEVER, I did not replace all of the coolant valves (I only replaced one)

one of the pesky little buggers I couldn't see very well and quite frankly forgot about it, the other valve was high enough to the point where I thought it wouldn't be affected by the water levels...

sneaky sneakyyyy

a279aWD.jpg

FzhthxC.jpg

here is what they looked like on the inside... (this is the better one of the two)

a9GdC3O.jpg

the car didnt throw any codes or harass me about anything when they were like this either... "coolant valves not working? no problem mon...."