Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Report yourself high mileage and repairs to date?

TigerTan

Oct 28, 2019
Dallas, TX
Hi everyone,

I couldn’t find this I’m the threads, please redirect me if you are aware of a similar thread. I’m just curious to see where people are at in regards to “high mileage.” I’ve seen that 450miles model x, but wondering how consistent their experience is in our community.

What is your car year and model?
How many miles do you have on your X?
What repairs have you had to date?
When do you plan on selling and why?

My response:
-2016 90D
-80,000 miles
-Repairs: both FWD sensors, driver side sensors, and rear wing due to plastic material deteriorating. Sending in Monday for FWD leaking. 2 sets of tires, but not a repair just thought I’d share. Also had the brakes checked and requested service, but they said they checked them and they were fine with no need to service.
-I don’t plan on selling the vehicle

RedXowner

Mar 24, 2020
Springfield, Virginia
Oct 2016 P100
62,500 miles
- all below items repaired under warranty:
- Drivers door window mechanism replaced once, about to have it replaced again
- Drivers side FWD intermittently not opening on command. Warranty service appointment scheduled for this on Aug 11th.
- black plastic wheel trim over right rear wheel replaced
- automatic driver's door opener motor replaced twice
- charge port door and mechanism replaced
- I do not plan to sell anytime soon. Love the car.

PVS

Apr 4, 2013
Laguna Beach
2016 P100D 120k
replaced front axles twice due to vibration, LF wheel speed sensor replaced, Top glass panels Falcon door due to seal deterioration, Replaced front brakes, Replaced AC compressor. Otherwise been great car.

P85_DA

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2015
CA
I started my own thread somewhere here but:
2018 XP100D
150k miles (more than half of that supercharging )
~9% loss per teslafi
Never took for scheduled services
AC compressor failure at 63k out of warranty
Burn thru tires approx every 35k miles on stock Pirelli 22s
Won’t sell this as been good car and with this many miles won’t get good price. I also have free supercharging

tsxl

Apr 13, 2021
Ontario, Canada
2016 p90dl
Mcu1
90k kms

Recent work done
Half shafts done (for shudder)
Front brakes and rotors replaced

Original 22" tires coming up for replacement. (Use separate winter tires, so thats probably why they lasted so long)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC