Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Requesting Blox Spacers Reviews/inputs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone using the 15 mm spacers with the stock 18" wheels, no problems with the wheel studs being too long?

I measured on my Model 3 today, the wheel studs stick out about 26,5 mm and the hollow space inside of the 18" wheels is only about 11 mm. So if you go with the 15 mm spacer that stud should stick out 11,5 mm which is just a little bit too much? Did you have to cut the studs or are the studs on the European Model 3's perhaps a bit longer? I just don't see how this would fit without having to modify or having to go with 20 mm.

Now I mainly want to get spacers for my new wheels and they have a lot more space inside, but as I'm using the original 18" as a winter set it'd be nice if I could use the same spacers for those wheels as well without having to modify anything.

I have a 2020 P3D+, and had the same issue. With the 15mm spacer, the original studs stick too far out. The 20mm spacer was fine. I'm in talks with Blox to see what I can do. I like the 20mm in the rear. Wondering what to do in the front. Maybe 5 or 10mm with the modified nuts.

• Informative
Reactions: bcpm3p
That's too bad, guess I won't be using the spacers for my winter set with the 18" aero wheels then. Not sure if I want to go with 20mm instead of 15mm. Think it'll stick out too much for my taste. I plan to go with 5 mm front and 15 mm rear for my summer set as the wheels are 35 offset. So that would be the same as using 10 / 20 mm when using the aero wheels. Most are running 15 / 20 mm with them but I think the front is better with 10 mm. With 15 mm it seems to poke slightly. Maybe I should just get an extra 20 mm spacer for the winter set rears and just use the 5 mm front spacer for both summer and winter sets.

So as I've seen no one with this issue before, I'm guessing the newer Model 3's have slightly longer wheel studs then? I'm sure people would've had some trouble with them already if their stock wheels were seated against the wheel studs and not the actual wheel hub.

Thanks. I wish that was the case. Mine did not come with any other lugs. In fact, the Blox seller told me that the only option is to either cut my existing lugs, or go to a 20mm spacer. I want to do neither. I might settle for a 10mm spacer if I can safely get the bolts that thread further in.

Dang, I got the same spacers from blox still in the box for my car too. When I ordered, they assured me that it would fit my performance with no issues LOL.

• Informative
Thanks. I wish that was the case. Mine did not come with any other lugs. In fact, the Blox seller told me that the only option is to either cut my existing lugs, or go to a 20mm spacer. I want to do neither. I might settle for a 10mm spacer if I can safely get the bolts that thread further in.

From what I've read here on the forums 5mm seems to be the max without having to replace the wheel studs for longer ones. I don't think 10mm will be safe with the stock wheel studs. So I guess options are either 5mm, 20mm or 15mm with cut studs. ;) I would't want to cut the studs either.

I'd really like to hear from other people with the 15mm spacers, how they have done it. Do their wheels perhaps have more space inside than on the newer Model 3's? Or are the wheel studs just shorter on theirs? Otherwise, their wheels aren't up against the spacer but against the wheel studs and that's very dangerous. Already seen a post here where someone broke their spacers studs because of that.

• Informative
I believe 15/20 works for normal TM3's. It's the performance that needs 20/20. I have seen one TM3 performance than cut the lugs.

On my SR+ it doesn't look like it'll work. Studs are 26,5mm and inside space of the Aero wheels is only 11mm. With the 15mm front spacers I'd be 0,5mm short and I'd have the wheels up against the studs, not flush against the spacer.

I know I've seen many posts of people running 15/20 ... I wonder how they were able to do it?
I bought Blox 15/20 about a month ago, but waiting for nicer weather to put them on.

Exactly, seen many posts about the 15/20 as well. But none of them are replying now to our questions sadly. :p
Really trying to get more input on this from members who actually have these 15mm on their Model 3.

Maybe tagging some members who actually shared putting them on in this thread will help. :)
@Wampa @TwoK4drSi @diggity @Wennfred @mytymyke @Chris3g

I'd really like to know how they dealed with this. Or if their wheels are actually not flush against the spacer now..

I have OEM 19s and a p3d- car and the stud fits into the recess of the wheel with the 15mm spacer. I doubled checked by removing the wheel after mounting the first time, to ensure there was no contact. Cars with performance brakes are going to have around 3mm more stud length, I’m not sure if that makes the difference.

• Informative
Reactions: Firehuntah
15/20 works. Not sure what the debate here is. There TONS of info online. If it's not working for you...you either have a wrong part or something else is off. I have a 15mm sitting at home and I can measure. PERFORMANCE OWNERS need not read what I'm writing bc I don't know on your specs. You have longer studs b/c of a thinner hub so you'll need to ask other performance owners.

15/20 works. Not sure what the debate here is. There TONS of info online. If it's not working for you...you either have a wrong part or something else is off. I have a 15mm sitting at home and I can measure. PERFORMANCE OWNERS need not read what I'm writing bc I don't know on your specs. You have longer studs b/c of a thinner hub so you'll need to ask other performance owners.

Could you measure that spacer? Perhaps it's 15,5 or slightly more even. Then it indeed wouldn't be a problem. However, if it is exactly 15mm then on my Model 3 SR+ it definately wouldn't fit, wheel studs would be 0,5mm too long. That's the debate that's going on, just wondering if there's been some changes to the Model 3's, newer ones might have slightly longer wheel studs, or less inside space on the wheels. So 15mm won't be useable then without having to cut the studs.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
Just did the 15/20 install on my LR AWD with the OEM 19" wheels. Looks great, and makes the wheels nice and flush. I know I'm sacrificing some aerodynamics with this, but it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make.

Three things I encountered during the install:
  • The front axle shafts spin freely when in Park. I didn't have a helper to step on the brake pedal, so I had to get creative with a 2x4 and wedge it between the lug nuts and the ground while wrenching.
  • The low profile lug nuts included by Blox with the 15mm spacers don't have much surface for a socket to grip to, so if you decide to go all the way up to 129 ft/lb on those, make sure the socket has a good grip on the nut as you're torquing.
  • Finally, I had to remove the little screw on the rotor on the fronts, in order for the 15mm spacer to sit flush with the rotor. The rear spacers at 20mm didn't have any issues clearing the rotor screw.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-02-25 090641.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-25 090641.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 491
Just did the 15/20 install on my LR AWD with the OEM 19" wheels. Looks great, and makes the wheels nice and flush. I know I'm sacrificing some aerodynamics with this, but it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make.

Three things I encountered during the install:
  • The front axle shafts spin freely when in Park. I didn't have a helper to step on the brake pedal, so I had to get creative with a 2x4 and wedge it between the lug nuts and the ground while wrenching.
  • The low profile lug nuts included by Blox with the 15mm spacers don't have much surface for a socket to grip to, so if you decide to go all the way up to 129 ft/lb on those, make sure the socket has a good grip on the nut as you're torquing.
  • Finally, I had to remove the little screw on the rotor on the fronts, in order for the 15mm spacer to sit flush with the rotor. The rear spacers at 20mm didn't have any issues clearing the rotor screw.

You won't lose efficiency with stance. Tire width / compound is what loses efficiency. I was at 260 wh/mi average when I was on spacers.

I removed all 4 rotor 10mm bolts to make sure the spacers would fit flush, I don’t recall a slot for the rear 10mm bolts in the 20mm spacers. I don’t have the performance brakes, it’s just the SR+ build March 2019. So the 15mm & 20mm fits for this build. It could be that current builds wheel stud may have changed in length. I don’t know unless someone measures them.
I’m still at 250 wh/mi.

Fred

I removed all 4 rotor 10mm bolts to make sure the spacers would fit flush, I don’t recall a slot for the rear 10mm bolts in the 20mm spacers. I don’t have the performance brakes, it’s just the SR+ build March 2019. So the 15mm & 20mm fits for this build. It could be that current builds wheel stud may have changed in length. I don’t know unless someone measures them.
I’m still at 250 wh/mi.

Fred

Great to get more info of some of you with these spacers on. :) Do you happen to know the length of the wheel studs on your Model 3? I got my Model 3 SR+ in June 2019, not sure when it was build though. But the wheel studs on mine are 26,5mm which is just a tiny bit too long (0,5mm) for the 15mm spacers to fit with my aero wheels which only have 11mm space on the inside for the wheel studs to go into. I really wanted to order the 15mm but after measuring I found out that it wouldn't work.