Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Requesting Blox Spacers Reviews/inputs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah 15/20 works. Just gave em to the body shop and they did it. Looks great!

Looks great. :) With aftermarket wheels I'm sure it won't be an issue, they almost always have a lot of space inside the wheel for the stock wheel studs to go into when using spacers. 15mm would fit just fine with my summer wheels too, but the aero wheels I use during winter I don't think will fit on the 15mm.

Build date on the Tag inside the door.

View attachment 515072

I forgot to reply to this, better late than never right? :p

It looks like the European Model 3's have different stickers inside the door, there's 2 of them. There's no manufacturing date visible on the stickers on my Model 3. See spoiler below.

tYlcrAg.jpg

trgYtoJ.jpg

So I don't have any idea when mine was actually manufacturered. :p

Really don't want to risk ordering the 15/20 spacers for my Model 3 and find out I'm 0,5 mm short with the 15, like I measured. Might just have 16mm custom made just to be sure.

This may be a bit too much to ask but anyone using 15/20 with aero wheels able to measure the length of the wheel studs and the hollow space on the inside of the wheels? It'll be really interesting to know if there's a difference between US and EU models or just older and newer Model 3's as this will decide what spacers can be fit safely when using the aero wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freshness
It does fit. I am running 20/25 set up with the 18" Aero wheels.

Well yeah, 20/25 definately won't be an issue since the original wheel studs don't stick out much, plenty of space inside of those aero rims for them to go into then.

The problem is with the 15mm, on my Model 3 those original studs would touch the wheels as they would stick out about 11,5mm from the spacer while only having about 11mm of space inside of those aero wheels. That's why I'm trying to figure out if there's a difference in US and EU model 3's or older vs newer since I see so many people here using the 15mm. I'm sure it won't work on my Model 3 though. Would really help to know what length the wheel studs are on the Model 3's where these 15mm spacers do fit. And also how much hollow space is inside of those Aero wheels as there might be some differences as well.

Reactions: SuperNuprin
so is the consensus no range loss? I gained range with my drop but then im curious if i lost the range with the spacers lol

With lowering you should indeed see slightly more range, if alignment is still good. Less frontal area to catch air. ;) With spacers however you move the wheels more to the outside, thus increasing that frontal area again slightly. Also those ducts in front of the front wheels won't work as well anymore for aero. And the air that goes around the car will also hit the rear wheels a bit more than before. So with spacers I would definately expect a range drop. Not sure if it can even out with lowered suspension, I think not.

I've done some rangetests myself to see the differences soon. My Model 3 is getting lowered today and probably in about 2-3 weeks I'll have spacers on as well. Will be interesting to see how the range will change.

E2CB33E5-2F2F-4487-A2B4-804D7549C149.jpeg
A698B0BC-9AED-4698-8CCA-1387BD896A1B.jpeg
DBA19646-C28A-4DF6-AE7C-2C804E425CC0.jpeg

So an FYI to others. This is not bashing Blox or spacers in general. The weakest link I have found is the aluminum nut and the bite into a recessed hole. Not the spacer itself or the stud. A couple of key takeaway notes :

-buy brand new. Don’t buy second hand
-Install as few times as possible
-Make sure you don’t use an impact and use a torque wrench on install and removal
-make sure you grab the spacer nut completely
-possibly trade the manufacture nut for a steel one

Now not one of these things single handedly contributed to the spacer getting stuck but I’m my case I had a slightly stripped nut and it bit into the aluminum of the spacer. We tried everything and the last resort was to cut. Took 2 hours to remove 1 hole. Fortunately didn’t mess up my oem lugs or hub. I would do it again BUT would make sure I follow the notes completely.

This also “might” be a reason why the manufacturer has a lower torque spec than Tesla and has been debated a lot.

Last edited:
View attachment 522657 View attachment 522658 View attachment 522659

So an FYI to others. This is not bashing Blox or spacers in general. The weakest link I have found is the aluminum nut and the bite into a recessed hole. Not the spacer itself or the stud. A couple of key takeaway notes :

-Make sure you don’t use an impact and use a torque wrench on install and removal

Now not one of these things single handedly contributed to the spacer getting stuck but I’m my case I had a slightly stripped nut and it bit into the aluminum of the spacer. We tried everything and the last resort was to cut. Took 2 hours to remove 1 hole. Fortunately didn’t mess up my oem lugs or hub. I would do it again BUT would make sure I follow the notes completely.

This also “might” be a reason why the manufacturer has a lower torque spec than Tesla and has been debated a lot.

Sorry to see this happened. I've looking for the torque specs for the Blox spacers and Tesla, do you know them?

With lowering you should indeed see slightly more range, if alignment is still good. Less frontal area to catch air. ;) With spacers however you move the wheels more to the outside, thus increasing that frontal area again slightly. Also those ducts in front of the front wheels won't work as well anymore for aero. And the air that goes around the car will also hit the rear wheels a bit more than before. So with spacers I would definately expect a range drop. Not sure if it can even out with lowered suspension, I think not.

I've done some rangetests myself to see the differences soon. My Model 3 is getting lowered today and probably in about 2-3 weeks I'll have spacers on as well. Will be interesting to see how the range will change.
Keep us in the loop!

Reactions: Skione65
View attachment 522657 View attachment 522658 View attachment 522659

also one more thing to consider. I’m LRAWD and I had trouble on both my rears but was able to get it out on one side. So if you look at the section across the wheel to the spacer to the hub to the axel...the weakest part would be the spacer. The hub would twist at full power and the tire would be stuck to the ground so the spacer lug nuts would then twist inside the recessed holes therefore biting into the aluminum. Just some more thoughts when you take the spacers off.

• Informative
Reactions: zrzrzrzr
Just posting here as well so everyone interested in these Bloxsport spacers is aware of this.

I wanted to use the 15/20 mm in combination with the Aero wheels on my Model 3 SR+ as well but after measuring the length of the wheel studs and the cavity in the Aero wheels for the hub studs to go into (they'll protrude the 15 mm Bloxsport spacers) I came to the conclusion that this wouldn't fit. I've already posted about this a few times here in this thread but never got someone else to confirm it. But as I was 100% sure it wouldn't fit in my Model 3 I actually replaced the wheel studs and went with extended wheel studs so I could use regular spacers (not the bolt on types). More info about that here: Model 3 wheel studs

After replacing the studs I measured the stock studs and compared the measurements to someone else's measurements here on the forum. Turns out the stock wheel studs on my Model 3 were 1.5 mm longer. So that's why the 15 mm Bloxsport spacer wouldn't work on my Model 3 but apparently do work on many other Model 3's. There just isn't enough cavity in the Aero wheels for the 1.5 mm longer wheel studs to fit into. The wheel would then actually be running up against the hub studs and it wouldn't be flat against the spacer. This is very dangerous.

Now I'm not sure why the stock wheel studs on my Model 3 were 1.5 mm longer, maybe they're just longer on the European Model 3's for some reason. So that'd mean that these 15 mm Bloxsport spacers can't be used on the European Model 3's in combination with Aero wheels. Without any wheel stud measurements from other European Model 3 owners I can't be sure about this though.

So be very careful when buying these 15 mm Bloxsport spacers (20 mm is fine though) to use with your Aero wheels. First measure your wheel studs (brake disc to far end of wheel stud). If you measure 26.5 mm (1.04") then you can't and definately shouldn't use them. If you measure about 25mm (0.98") then you're good to use them.

I bought a pair of BLOX 15mm spacers, 20mm spacers, and 25mm spacers, since I was on the fence with what type of wheels I was going to run on my car.

Long story short, I ended up only using the 20mm spacers on the rear with my 20" perf wheels, since I know the 15mm spacers won't fit with the Perf wheels, and 25mm would be way too wide.

Therefore, I'll be selling my brand & unused set of 15mm/25mm BLOX spacers once I get the chance to either meet up with somebody locally, or find a way to mail them out since I'm working from home these days. IMO, that's the perfect combo for anyone running 18" Aero wheels or 19" Sport wheels to get a nice flush fitment.

I just installed the 15/20 Blox spacers. I think the car looks much better. I also plastidipped the wheels so I love the way it looks minus the lowering the car.. will prob go with coilovers in the future. The one thing I have to ask, do you get more wind noise when you go over a certain speed? Maybe because they stick out more so it creates more noise?
5106BE97-1A82-4DF4-8BF8-30D3E4ADB235.jpeg
00E017E8-5A8E-411F-83FB-FD3D90947C08.jpeg
9E186DAE-1CAF-4232-BAAB-41F2401F0B32.jpeg
C9278A59-741C-4681-BE4A-1850C923D3E6.jpeg