Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation Transfer Technicalities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on my experience, just picked up a 2023 M3 SR today. This is what I did when I bought a reservation from someone. Step number 4 is unnecessary but if you can still do it, it is up to you. Even if the name, phone number and address on the order agreement is under the original account owner when he made the reservation, the order will still go through. Tesla will generate a purchase agreement form under the new account owner’s information, or the registrant’s info.

Im from SoCal, picked up the car from Buena park service center.

4 truly depends on the SC. My MYP transfer got rejected back in March/April because the SC operation manager was anal about the OA matching the buyer's name/registration and this was during the peak of Tesla used price insanity where used ones where $10K+ more than new and inventory cars were snatched up in less than 30 secs (yes under a minute).

Nowadays, I don't think Tesla cares.

4 truly depends on the SC. My MYP transfer got rejected back in March/April because the SC operation manager was anal about the OA matching the buyer's name/registration and this was during the peak of Tesla used price insanity where used ones where $10K+ more than new and inventory cars were snatched up in less than 30 secs (yes under a minute).

Nowadays, I don't think Tesla cares.
Were you rejected on the delivery day? Did you even get a motor vehicle purchase agreement?

I recently bought a reservation for Model 3, the seller gave me the account, I was able to change all the information to mine. I just did the registration as well under my name and address. I changed the email address too because the seller used his personal email when he reserved the car. I looked at the Motor Vehicle order agreement and saw that his email, name and phone number is still there. Do you think the reservation will be canceled?
add fsd and remove it. Will generate new agreement with new info each time

not sure what's going on, but it seems Telsa is cracking down on reservation transfers. Mine got cancelled due to activity on TMC forums. Sucks.

It's really simple. Don't offer to sell your reservation for profit instead of using it to buy a car because that's against both the rules and the spirit of how Tesla wants to run the waiting list (it's for people who actually want to buy a car for themselves and take delivery).

I know I'm being a bit harsh, but I happen to agree with Teslas efforts in this area.

It's really simple. Don't offer to sell your reservation for profit instead of using it to buy a car because that's against both the rules and the spirit of how Tesla wants to run the waiting list (it's for people who actually want to buy a car for themselves and take delivery).

I know I'm being a bit harsh, but I happen to agree with Teslas efforts in this area.
I

It's not even about making a profit. I tried a transfer back in March for only the order fee ($250) but Tesla blocked it anyhow. It truly depends on the mood of the SA or the manager of the delivery center if they find anything mismatching.

I am not sure what happened to Snowbunny but my relative got a phone call from Tesla about the "security incident" and "Tesla Motors Forum". Also, he is not able to login to their account anymore too - it's locked which is annoying. Maybe he got blacklisted? But if you see from my posts, I striked the RN and other PII, so we are all scratching our heads as to how Tesla was able to the link the two.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I am not sure what happened to Snowbunny but my relative got a phone call from Tesla about the "security incident" and "Tesla Motors Forum". Also, he is not able to login to their account anymore too - it's locked which is annoying. Maybe he got blacklisted? But if you see from my posts, I striked the RN and other PII, so we are all scratching our heads as to how Tesla was able to the link the two.

Especially since in your case, its not even yours right? its "for a family member" so the family member supposedly isnt a member here.

It's also possible that there are "Tesla cops" posing as reservation buyers on the forum that are trying to collect enough information to identify sellers' accounts. Be wary of 1 post new members asking to buy your reservations.

Reactions: JMDO and Gu$ G
This also sounds a bit odd...from all the people I've dealt with for reservation transfers, I can't imagine Tesla taking the time to call anyone, they would just cancel the order and move on with their lives

I got a hold of someone with an old reservation on Monday night. Reset the passwords to the email and Tesla account. Changed nothing. Reached out to SA via email and asked him to move up the delivery appointment and picked up the car on Tuesday morning.

Nothing needs to be changed. The person on the registration is the owner. It doesn't have to match name / address / email / phone of the Tesla account. I kept it simple by using Tesla finance option and will refinance in a few months.
Also got the code from my local delivery center to order the mobile charger for free.

Reactions: voxel
I am in Toronto, Canada. My circumstances have changed and, sadly, I may not be able to take delivery. Currently VIN is not assigned and the order is fully configurable. Delivery expected in January 2023.
- What is the correct procedure for transferring the booking to another buyer?
- Will this put me on some kind of Tesla blacklist and block me in the future when I decide to go for it again?