Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reserving your Model 3 (official Tesla blog)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Anyone know what might have happened??

Friday morning at 7.30am (GMT) I placed a reservation on the tesla site. 48 hours later, no email confirmation, no reservation number on MyTesla page, no money taken from account. Had to do it all again and got the RN number straight away. What gives??

Got it, so do people stagger their purchases to take advantage of the tax benefit?
I imagine some would - if their tax liability was that high and they could work it out that way when buying. It's been said here many many times, but people need to look at their taxes to see what their actual liability was/is to determine how much of the 7500 will actually benefit them when the time comes. Many people are focused on that number when in actuality their tax liability is lower and they were never going to see the full amount.

fyi:

upload_2016-4-3_12-51-3.png

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040tt.pdf

Perhaps this would be a great place to help everyone try to determine their place in line vs. the initial 200,000 unit IRS $7,500 rebate? Also the place in line for the actual car, realizing that deliveries will be staged according to US region, previous Tesla ownership, etc.

Our RN number, based upon 3/31/16 order that was confirmed on 4/1/16 at 9:30 PM EDT is 1077xxxxx. I am a Model S owner. Based upon 'official' numbers from EM, I believe that I was in the first group of 170,000 deposits. Based upon RN numbers 9 digits long, it's a bit difficult to make any determinations until we see which of the 6 digits are important.

Congrats to all Model 3 visionaries!

That's probably the idea, turn the hype upto 11
The reservation number is no more than an reservation/account number and is not sequential. There is Reservation Sequence Number which Tesla is not sharing at this time that denotes your "place in line". At some point, closer to the production launch, hopefully they will share this number.

I am sure one of the reasons Tesla has dedicated to deliver cars to the west coast first is because of a lesson learned from the launch of the production Model X. After delivering the first several production hundred cars throughout the the country in January it learned it had some parts issues which required the cars be brought into the service centers. They had to ship the various parts throughout the country to be installed as they don't store spare parts at the Tesla Service Centers. The parts issue got worse and they eventually had to stop delivery. They then decided to deliver the next 2,000 cars just to CA buyers mainly those who were willing to pick their cars up at the Factory in Fremont CA. The factory was better equipped to follow up on these initial parts related production issues. They were suppose to be producing 1,000 Model X's a week but in the first three months were only about to produce about 200 cars per week.

I got one of the first 50 cars off of the production line. It was delivered to my service center in late January but wasn't delivered to me for another month because they had to wait for replacement parts. Finally I went to pick it up at the service center and during the delivery another part failed and delivery was delayed another two weeks. Ten days later I went to pick it up again this time I drove it 5-6 miles when another part failed and they had to take it back to the service center. Another ten days later I picked up it again and I have had it for several weeks. It still has minor problems. You don't expect to pay over $160,000 for a car and have these types of problems.

Even though I had many problems with my Tesla Model X I still love it and don't regret buying it. There is no car like it on the market. I liked it so much my wife and I have reserved three Model 3's we plan on ordering for ourself and family.

Luckly I placed my reservation immediately after the reveal.Even tho, I might not even get it in 2018 because I am from Romania, Europe, and we all know in Europe orders will come later than US

But now after showing the car my dad, he said he wants one too.
I am worried that, if I would place him an reservation now, he would only recive it in 4-5 years from now.

What do you think ?

Perhaps this would be a great place to help everyone try to determine their place in line vs. the initial 200,000 unit IRS $7,500 rebate? Also the place in line for the actual car, realizing that deliveries will be staged according to US region, previous Tesla ownership, etc.

Our RN number, based upon 3/31/16 order that was confirmed on 4/1/16 at 9:30 PM EDT is 1077xxxxx. I am a Model S owner. Based upon 'official' numbers from EM, I believe that I was in the first group of 170,000 deposits. Based upon RN numbers 9 digits long, it's a bit difficult to make any determinations until we see which of the 6 digits are important.

Congrats to all Model 3 visionaries!

My Order Number is RN 1073xxxxx, and I am in California and an owner. My friend in line, a non-owner got RN 1074xxxxx.

As has been said, those are randomly generated numbers and mean nothing to us. I reserved 2 cars at the same moment and my RN are 1074xxxxxx and 1079xxxxxx, 500,000 apart.

In Tesla's database those random records are linked to a time stamp, region, store number, email, owner status, etc and they will sift the data when it comes time to produce them, and then create the actual order we get our cars.

As has been said, those are randomly generated numbers and mean nothing to us. I reserved 2 cars at the same moment and my RN are 1074xxxxxx and 1079xxxxxx, 500,000 apart.

In Tesla's database those random records are linked to a time stamp, region, store number, email, owner status, etc and they will sift the data when it comes time to produce them, and then create the actual order we get our cars.

Just wanted to add to this--my understanding is that they will be inviting to configure based on the day we reserved. Therefore 3/31 will go first, and so on. It will further breakout depending on how the car is configured. Highly optioned would go first. Reservation numbers just mean that we have our reservation confirmed.