Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reserving your Model 3 (official Tesla blog)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved at the Seattle store after waiting in line for 2 1/4 hours. TMC provided water and candy several times; it was a fun event. I still don't have an email confirmation, but my credit card certainly processed. It is beyond simply awesome that $11,500,000 was deposited before the Model 3 was revealed! My wife is very, very excited after the reveal event. I then revealed that her car is reserved. 2 husband points!

OK. So, I've now spoken to Tesla HQ about priority reservations for existing owners and in case this is useful info for anyone you follow the same process online as everyone else, BUT MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS AS YOU USE FOR YOUR MY TESLA ACCOUNT. Tesla will sort all reservations and filter out any email address linked to a current owner in order to prioritise them.

Reservation now placed. I now have a Model S P85 and a Model X reserved for the wife and a Model 3 to replace my Model S when it finally arrives here in the UK (Autumn 2019 is my estimate).

I reserved my Model 3 this morning. Very efficient, I was done before 11am. However, although my credit card was charged right away, I have yet to see any confirmation email or even on mytesla.com. Most others seemed to have at least received one or the other. Anyone else?

I finally got online confirmation (although no email yet), so I can rest assured.

After standing in line for more than 3 hours, I completed a reservation (Rocklin SC) around 11:45 am. Still waiting for an email confirmation however the reservation showed up in My Tesla this morning.

Doubt we'll be able to decode the reservation numbers but FWIW mine is RN108347112.

Back when I reserved my Model S (Dec 23rd, 2012), I received an e-mail confirmation with my "Reservation Confirmation" starting with "RN" followed by the "Reservation Sequence Number" which was 16,615 at the time. I actually took delivery of a much lower VIN number (below 10k), probably because of a few cancellations or delayed orders. I expect that Tesla will have sequence numbers available eventually. How'd they handle that for the Model X?

The email stated:

WHY TWO NUMBERS?

Your Reservation Confirmation Number is the number we use to track your account. If you ever need to call us, we'll ask for this number to quickly pull up your account details.

Your Reservation Sequence Number indicates your place in our reservation queue and the order in which you'll be invited to finalize your Model S configuration, options, and packages.​

• Informative
Reactions: mistermonty705
After a journey of nearly 5 hours from Cantabria to Bordeaux and a long night of waiting (from 2:30 a.m.) in the Tesla Store Merignac , I got to be the first book ( 31/12/2016 at 8:30:44 ) 3 tesla model Bordeaux and probably the first in Europe. My reservation number is RN1078081xx, someone has a lower number in Europe ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:
I understood the phase out to happen over calendar quarters ... Something like once the 200k is hit (Already 67k sold in US as of Feb, I think) ...then we get 2 quarters at 50% the full amount then 2 more at 25% the full amount....then the party is over and we are paying full price.

Being east coast, non current owner ....I'm going to configure my 3 as if I'm paying full price and then whatever happens ...happens.