Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reserving your Model 3 (official Tesla blog)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reply Alan, Im not sure how to login to "my tesla" since they didn't input my proper email. I was given a confirmation number, started with RN. anyway , hopefully I can see where Im at. thanks.
The RN numbers are random and will not tell you about your place in line. BUT I would call tesla again to the email issue fixed. I've seen the same comment from others but had it resolved in days, and that was back in the initial rush of orders, not a year. Since I assume Irvine is Irvine, CA, and you ordered on 3/31, you could be invited to configure earlier than most and if I were you would want to have it set well ahead.

OK - I keep seeing 6 place reservation numbers. Mine is RN107804xx = 8 place. How do I compare my RN to these discussions? [I know there is a random number...but at least should be the same number of digits??]

A month or so back, there was a 6 digit number buried in the pages of code of our reservations from Tesla, which one of our forum members in the UK found. It must have been of some significance because within a week it had disappeared. After an animated week or so of everyone on this forum trying to determine the logic of the 6 digits (reservation times, locations, etc) we were making some progress when it vanished.

OK - I keep seeing 6 place reservation numbers. Mine is RN107804xx = 8 place. How do I compare my RN to these discussions? [I know there is a random number...but at least should be the same number of digits??]
if you know the date/time you made your reservation, you can use this list of other's ResID's to get an approximate of what yours would be. With the way the rollout will happen, not sure knowing your ResID helps much though ;)
to estimate how many reservations were placed before you, subtract 352,000 (the first employee ResID number mentioned) from 'your' ResID, then another thousand or so (other X/S orders placed between 352k and your #) to get the approximate number your reservation was amongst the other Model 3s.

if you know the date/time you made your reservation, you can use this list of other's ResID's to get an approximate of what yours would be. With the way the rollout will happen, not sure knowing your ResID helps much though ;)
to estimate how many reservations were placed before you, subtract 352,000 (the first employee ResID number mentioned) from 'your' ResID, then another thousand or so (other X/S orders placed between 352k and your #) to get the approximate number your reservation was amongst the other Model 3s.
So I know my reservation time - its under my avatar - the numbers similar to my time are 390891. Six places. Subtract 352,000 and you have 1/3 into reservation surge of 115,000. OK - I can work with this...BUT Mine is RN107804xx = 8 place. I don't understand how to convert this to a 400,000 ish number.

Sorry if this has already been hashed out ..

I reserved my Model 3 on March 31st itself at the Tesla Store. I paid the 1K, and overnight I got an email from Tesla saying "Your Reservation Is confirmed"

So my question is : Did anyone receive any Reservation # along with the Confirmation email? If anyone did get the reservation number did this come in the mail?
Further I never did receive the Model 3 flyer/card which was sent out as a thank you token .. Did everyone get this flyer/card?

thanks

Can't wait to see this link on the store page! :)
model 3 (2).png

Sorry if this has already been hashed out ..

I reserved my Model 3 on March 31st itself at the Tesla Store. I paid the 1K, and overnight I got an email from Tesla saying "Your Reservation Is confirmed"

So my question is : Did anyone receive any Reservation # along with the Confirmation email? If anyone did get the reservation number did this come in the mail?
Further I never did receive the Model 3 flyer/card which was sent out as a thank you token .. Did everyone get this flyer/card?

thanks
It's shown on your My Tesla page. Login to tesla's site to see your info.

thanks
I suspect mine got lost or damaged along the way, I ended up sending them an email a few months ago and they sent another one out within days. Send it to [email protected] - I included my reservation number, date and time of reservation, and mailing address.

so.......I just bought the new 2017 Mercedes C300 yesterday. I couldn't wait for the M3 since I needed a second car for work. Question. Should I cancel my reservation or should I hold on to it and buy an M3 and then sell it. I have a Model X so I am one of the few on the east coast to get the M3 first. Obvi, I either make a profit or I sell at price and keep the tax incentive. Either way, it's a win-win for both parties. SNL church lady "Talk amongst yourselves".

so.......I just bought the new 2017 Mercedes C300 yesterday. I couldn't wait for the M3 since I needed a second car for work. Question. Should I cancel my reservation or should I hold on to it and buy an M3 and then sell it. I have a Model X so I am one of the few on the east coast to get the M3 first. Obvi, I either make a profit or I sell at price and keep the tax incentive. Either way, it's a win-win for both parties. SNL church lady "Talk amongst yourselves".
According to the IRS, what you've described does not qualify you for the tax credit.
"The vehicles must be acquired for use or lease and not for resale."​