Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Frustrated Mad and Angry at Service right now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I would absolutely lose my *sugar* over this. WTF TESLA?!?! In Silicon Valley, a SC messes up a leather seat on a 100k car and they don't even mention it to you hoping that you won't see big frikin' hole in your seat?! I would go berserk, this is not an accidental scratch............. :eek:o_O

I just got a call back form Santa Clara service center this morning. They told me they ordered a new seat and it will have to be custom made for my specific VIN (Its the older seat design). I'm relieved that they are taking steps to make it right.

It would have been very difficult to get into that car every morning with that glaring reminder knowing that it was damaged in service.

I will reserve final judgement until we get the seat replaced and the little things fixed like missing rubber screw caps in the trunk.

I just got a call back form Santa Clara service center this morning. They told me they ordered a new seat and it will have to be custom made for my specific VIN (Its the older seat design). I'm relieved that they are taking steps to make it right.

It would have been very difficult to get into that car every morning with that glaring reminder knowing that it was damaged in service.

I will reserve final judgement until we get the seat replaced and the little things fixed like missing rubber screw caps in the trunk.

But if the seat doesn't match the other seats, really, you need all new seating in the car.... And i'm not even joking...

Reactions: oktane
But if the seat doesn't match the other seats, really, you need all new seating in the car.... And i'm not even joking...

I'm hoping that it will just wear the same over the next year or so (light grey) so they should match. Not sure what else are my options? Our 2017 has ventilated wrinkled seats. They offered replacement but said the same issue will reoccur. :confused:

Fingers crossed the colors are matched.

I'm hoping that it will just wear the same over the next year or so (light grey) so they should match. Not sure what else are my options? Our 2017 has ventilated wrinkled seats. They offered replacement but said the same issue will reoccur. :confused:

Fingers crossed the colors are matched.

I hope so too! I wish I could get Tesla to do the same, but who knows at which point of my visits to the SC they covered up their mistake. It's annoying for me but I try not to think about it, since it's in the back seat where I rarely look (which is why I didn't find out about the repaired cut in the seat to begin with).

FWIW, my Audi dealership once told me when they damaged my car's interior - scratched plastic liner(s) on a seat job. They showed it to me, were very sorry, and replaced all parts as soon as they arrived.

I would never have even noticed. This just to put one anecdotal bit to the dealership vs. company-owned story, it is not always so simple that one is worse/better it seems.

Reactions: croman
You'll find good and terrible in everything. Expecting miraculous perfection in human world isn't a realistic expectation.

However, a great company will right a wrong and for the most part Tesla does do that in many of these cases in my opinion.
you are right that tesla usually will do 'the right thing' however sometimes you'll need to become a very squeaky wheel to get them to that point. I like many others had a very difficult time when the drive unit needed replacement.

Congrats @dragoljub . I dropped my car off at the SC this morning, and they are supposedly replacing the windshield. I'll have to get it re-tinted, and re-attach the dashcam/ezpass. But I'm glad it's been taken care of. Hopefully pick it up later today and report some good news.

Hmm... I would make them pay for the tint also. How is it expected that you pay for the retint when the windshield is being replaced out of their own mistake...?

How much do you want to bet that they are going to mark it on the invoice as "customer goodwill" rather than admit to the mothership that they screwed up?

That's what they did when they broke my windshield.

@SocialMS - I should. But I am choosing not to. And I feel if I insist, Tesla would most likely pay for it.
Here is why, I just saw my car, and Tesla has gone above and beyond in taking care of the scratch, and the windshield.
I pick up my car Monday morning and will report specific details later.

They didn't go "above and beyond".

They did what they were SUPPOSED TO DO.

And they should also retint your windows or comp you for it in some way....

If you had custom rims, and they messed that up.. would you be happy w/ them replacing it w/ stock rims?