Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Frustrated Mad and Angry at Service right now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we just - for 1 minute - assume that the inspection paper was lost. My SC really doesn't take the inspection seriously and maybe this is the norm everywhere. It got lost, somebody wrote a new one rushing between 5 cars and the car seemed dirty enough to say it is not possible to inspect. Then another person presented this new paper unknowingly. So perhaps nobody acted fraudulently but looking at the entire trail of the story, one could easily assume that.

Can we just - for 1 minute - assume that the inspection paper was lost. My SC really doesn't take the inspection seriously and maybe this is the norm everywhere. It got lost, somebody wrote a new one rushing between 5 cars and the car seemed dirty enough to say it is not possible to inspect. Then another person presented this new paper unknowingly. So perhaps nobody acted fraudulently but looking at the entire trail of the story, one could easily assume that.

Go back and re-read the original post... It's very, very clear what happened...

Jeff

I beg you to take the blinders off... I really do... I know that's going to sound wrong reading it and it's not my intention to be negative towards you but I really believe that there isn't anything Tesla can do before you say "enough is enough"... I appreciate the concept of being reasonable and such but this behavior is so beyond any acceptable level that you really have to take a step back and reassess where you thought you stood... For me it's the fraudulent altercation of the check-in inspection sheet that I'm a bit surprised that you seem to want to gloss over...

I know I'm over-reacting... I know that 100%... However, from where I sit I don't think you are remotely reacting enough...

Jeff
Yeah, 100%. As I've said in previous posts, when I've had an issue with Tesla, I take it up directly with them.

Note I did say the coverup was uncool. And again, I'll go with the analysis of the situation from the person who was actually there.

Reactions: GSP
I guess I'm completely alone here then with my outrage over the blatant fraudulent actions taken by employee(s) of Tesla Motors... I wish all of us could get the Bonnie experience as it's clearly something special and not typical of the average Tesla customer...

Again, fraud was committed and that apparently is a completely acceptable thing for Tesla to do to a customer so long as you keep a level head and don't fan the flames of outrage...

As I sit here I actually chuckle thinking about all the people here who have called me a fanboy for defending Tesla in the past...

Jeff

Oh c'mon, Jeff.

No one said it was acceptable. Not a single person here. I'm sure Tesla doesn't find it acceptable. If they did find it acceptable, Sir Guac would have been faced with a denial wall of 'we didn't do the damage, that was already there' ... instead, they're fixing it.

Reactions: GSP and bhzmark
Oh c'mon, Jeff.

No one said it was acceptable. Not a single person here. I'm sure Tesla doesn't find it acceptable. If they did find it acceptable, Sir Guac would have been faced with a denial wall of 'we didn't do the damage, that was already there' ... instead, they're fixing it.

Hm... I'm not sure what to say back to this one in that perhaps this is a genuine personality gap difference between me and how I react to things and how others react to things...

I suppose where I'm at overall here is how many unacceptable things must Tesla do before people start to see this as a trend indicative of a much larger issue. What I mean here is this is another in a increasingly long list of "oops's" specifically the horsepower misrepresentation, countergate, etc...

I just feel like the canary in the coal mine is trying it's damnedest to get people to see the bigger picture here... Maybe it's just me...

Jeff

I just dropped my car off in Sunnyvale, CA SC. It was washed, and they inspected it before taking it in, but to my surprise they said they don't do an inspection sheet any more as they're converting to an iPad based system and they'll probably do walkaround videos. In my mind: at least don't drop the paper inspection until you have another way. So I asked the tech to walk around and put it in writing on the worksheet that no damage to the car can be observed, date it and sign. I signed also and requested a copy. CYA... ;)

I fully support the idea of walkaround videos. It'll remove some liability off of Tesla's back, and frankly video is much more thorough anyway. They can go back and refer to the video.

I like this idea!

Reactions: bonnie
What if you have the kit on your dashcam that prevents disconnecting? I

19555.jpg

I fully support the idea of walkaround videos. It'll remove some liability off of Tesla's back, and frankly video is much more thorough anyway. They can go back and refer to the video.

I like this idea!

The fact that we have to take pictures and videos is quite unfortunate.

A true window into the trust we have w/ Tesla Service.

Very sad... and I hope this changes soon...

(Great car though.. )

@SocialMS - lets talk about Trust.

There are two parties here, owners, and tesla.

Owners need to trust Tesla to do the right thing.
But stand in Tesla's shoes. There is a sect of people who buy a 100K car, and steal $5 of electricity on a regular basis.
Can Tesla trust every owner? Trust needs to go both ways.

So in that atmosphere, if there is a technological solution, that is low cost, low effort, and keeps both sides honest - I think that's an all around good idea. Keep the abusers honest, so the 99% people that follow the rules get a better experience.

I really like the idea of video footage - in fact, expand on it, give owners access to progress on the car, including this video via mytesla, so I don't have to bother someone asking for an update.

Also it's a bit hypocritical to suggest that its okay for me to have a dashcam, and Tesla to not do a video inspection.

@SocialMS - lets talk about Trust.

There are two parties here, owners, and tesla.

Owners need to trust Tesla to do the right thing.
But stand in Tesla's shoes. There is a sect of people who buy a 100K car, and steal $5 of electricity on a regular basis.
Can Tesla trust every owner? Trust needs to go both ways.

So in that atmosphere, if there is a technological solution, that is low cost, low effort, and keeps both sides honest - I think that's an all around good idea. Keep the abusers honest, so the 99% people that follow the rules get a better experience.

I really like the idea of video footage - in fact, expand on it, give owners access to progress on the car, including this video via mytesla, so I don't have to bother someone asking for an update.

Also it's a bit hypocritical to suggest that its okay for me to have a dashcam, and Tesla to not do a video inspection.

I'm not disagreeing with you...

I just wish the relationship between Tesla owners and Tesla had MORE TRUST.

But trust is earned and can quickly be lost...

I know that I initially TRUSTED TESLA, but that's waning fast...

The fact that we have to take pictures, take videos etc... is just plain sad...
And not the kind of ownership experience and relationship I want to have w/ my Car Dealer.
This is not cordial but adversarial...

Tesla still has lsot to learn, not being a profit center doesn't justify for a poor job or simply lack of experience of scheduling and communication.

Although I have limited experience with Tesla being a new owner but my first impression is the QC from production line to delivery and service has a long way to go. Today, outside is hotter and first time in 2 weeks since delivery to have the car outside long enough to turn up the AC and guess what - it's not working! this together with the headlight not working, windshield needs replacement before delivery and poor replacement ... I spent more times in the loaner than my car. Perhaps Tesla is aiming at creating a different breed of automobile business that focus on technology, coolness but not true luxury, nor top notch reliability and service type business.

• Informative
Reactions: MS16 and SocalMS
Still amazes me Tesla service is so amateur ... especially when most come from BMW, MB ....

I too have regular damage at my SC - they know me and they know what to expect. My SC contact always hides my car and the techs always screw up something. Thankfully, they've corrected most ....
I had the same thing happen at a BMW dealer. Its not the corporation, its the mechanic.

What I really want to know is whether the Elon Musk poster is on Sir Guacamolaf's wall or the ceiling over this bed. Either is fine. I just need some context.

I can say that I have had excellent service help from Tesla in Houston and remotely. Never an issue, they see me promptly, and have been as good as any service I have had with any other car. When I first entered my profession, I was stunned to find that not everyone was smart, honest or good at what they did. Ditto for pretty much every profession. It is the same as discovering that once you leave shore, the water is not uniformly deep. There are all sort of hidden hazards. I don't expect perfection, I expect that given enough experiences, I will eventually have one that is sub-par (or worse). I care more about the overall approach, and how problems are handled from above. Getting to the right solution may take work from both sides, but if the result is right, I'm alright. Expecting perfection is a fool's game. My youngest child wants me to mention that the Illuminati are likely making all this happen anyway, and we are all pawns. Cheers.

What I really want to know is whether the Elon Musk poster is on Sir Guacamolaf's wall or the ceiling over this bed. Either is fine. I just need some context.

I can say that I have had excellent service help from Tesla in Houston and remotely. Never an issue, they see me promptly, and have been as good as any service I have had with any other car. When I first entered my profession, I was stunned to find that not everyone was smart, honest or good at what they did. Ditto for pretty much every profession. It is the same as discovering that once you leave shore, the water is not uniformly deep. There are all sort of hidden hazards. I don't expect perfection, I expect that given enough experiences, I will eventually have one that is sub-par (or worse). I care more about the overall approach, and how problems are handled from above. Getting to the right solution may take work from both sides, but if the result is right, I'm alright. Expecting perfection is a fool's game. My youngest child wants me to mention that the Illuminati are likely making all this happen anyway, and we are all pawns. Cheers.
I was confused as to whether I should click on Funny or Love for this post. :)

Reactions: jdjeff88
Tesla still has lsot to learn, not being a profit center doesn't justify for a poor job or simply lack of experience of scheduling and communication.

Although I have limited experience with Tesla being a new owner but my first impression is the QC from production line to delivery and service has a long way to go. Today, outside is hotter and first time in 2 weeks since delivery to have the car outside long enough to turn up the AC and guess what - it's not working! this together with the headlight not working, windshield needs replacement before delivery and poor replacement ... I spent more times in the loaner than my car. Perhaps Tesla is aiming at creating a different breed of automobile business that focus on technology, coolness but not true luxury, nor top notch reliability and service type business.

Your first impression reflects my experiences over more than 6 months of ownership.

Poor QA/QC from the factory and delivery center. The Service Center causes almost as many new problems as they fix old ones. My car is more than 6 months old and the SC is still trying to fix problems from the first month.

Hopefully you have better luck dealing with Tesla than I've had.

I had the same thing happen at a BMW dealer. Its not the corporation, its the mechanic.

It could be the corporation/local dealership in the sense that they don't have (we assume) a standard policy towards treatment of customer cars and documentation, damage repair, etc. I take my Tacoma to a Toyota dealership that does a VERY thorough walk-around on every car that is serviced prior to taking the car in. They even do that on my beat up 2006. Never had them damage anything.

A local Lexus dealer, however, doesn't have as good of a track record with me, especially after they stripped my oil pan drain plug threads then made me pay for the replacement pan even though the car had every single oil change performed at that dealership for 80k miles. (They claimed oil pans were "wear" items)