Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Restricted UK Supercharger sites - parking restrictions / registering / pay to park etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a couple of threads going on Facebook regarding Lidl Rapids and being caught out by a parking company (Parking Eye?) if they haven't put their reg number in the screen inside the store.

This is despite the Rapids being public chargers that need round the clock access. Sunday is a particular problem with the 10am - 4pm opening times.

These legalised parking crooks need sorting out and fast. They seem to have open access to our car data so why can't they use it!
It will only get worse!

Not sure if this us the right place.. mods please move if required.
Wokingham supercharger, Winnersh. My wife asked to use the hotels toilet after saying we were supercharging and was refused. Only hotel guests are allowed in apparently.
Just a bit of a heads up

I saw this and thought: not only are there super chargers in the Westfield, there a 50kw chargers in the very car park he ran out in. How can he possibly have not filled up?
the photos are from the rooftop car park. My first trip to Westfield involved trying into 3 different car parks until I stopped to check google and then went to the right car park. I can see how you could potentially run out of battery if you go into the wrong one, specially one that involves going through almost 10 ramps into the roof...........

Canary Wharf supercharging - currently all 250kw charge points (x8) are offline, only 4x150kw available, waited 2hours to charge yesterday, no comms from Tesla, seriously unhappy. No idea when they will be back on but avoid for now

the photos are from the rooftop car park. My first trip to Westfield involved trying into 3 different car parks until I stopped to check google and then went to the right car park. I can see how you could potentially run out of battery if you go into the wrong one, specially one that involves going through almost 10 ramps into the roof...........
There are chargers up there now. But I know what you mean, I hate getting caught in that car park. especially in winter.

Not sure if this us the right place.. mods please move if required.
Wokingham supercharger, Winnersh. My wife asked to use the hotels toilet after saying we were supercharging and was refused. Only hotel guests are allowed in apparently.
Just a bit of a heads up
It should be a mandatory part of hotel planning that a public access lavatory is available. Or at least employ staff with some compassion - shame on them.
The Victorians did a better job of looking after lavatorial needs of their citizens.
What is the name of this hotel?

Reactions: Rustybkts
It should be a mandatory part of hotel planning that a public access lavatory is available. Or at least employ staff with some compassion - shame on them.
The Victorians did a better job of looking after lavatorial needs of their citizens.
What is the name of this hotel?
Hard to find hotel name using Google but pictures suggest it's not in hotel grounds so understandable but refusing the use of toilets is pityful.

It's the Doubletree Reading, just right next door to the supercharger, there's no other obvious toilets within 5 min walk as far as I can see although the supercharger website does list 3 pubs/ restaurants. It's just something to be aware of as almost every supercharger I have visited has toilets close by.

Reactions: Wattsisname
London charging is an absolute joke atm, nowhere in East London to supercharge. Westfield and Park Royal are pretty much the only locations inside the M25!!!
It's so heavily weighted to the west it's ridiculous: Park royal, Westfield, Hayes, Uxbridge, Heathrow (with another Heathrow on the way). That's actually too many. given the paucity in the rest of the country

It's the Doubletree Reading, just right next door to the supercharger, there's no other obvious toilets within 5 min walk as far as I can see although the supercharger website does list 3 pubs/ restaurants. It's just something to be aware of as almost every supercharger I have visited has toilets close by.
I believe other people on this forum have had this issue too when the hotel was being used a quarantine hotel. I believe at the time they were advised to take a short walk down the road to The Poachers pub to use their facilities. However, the single lane bridge to cross the river to get to the pub has no pedestrian walkway so you're walking next to cars if its busy.

Knowing this when traveling that way back in March I took the conscious decision to stop off at the Supercharger next to Nuffield Gym (5 miles from the one at Doubletree Hilton). While less chargers, it wasn't that busy on a Saturday morning. We even went to the gym to ask to use their facilities, which they kindly allowed us to do without hesitation. They had a Costa inside so returned the gesture by buying a coffee even though we weren't required to.

Last edited:
It looks like you can pre-register for two hours' free parking while charging at the newly opened Nottingham Victoria Centre Supercharger.