Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Restricted UK Supercharger sites - parking restrictions / registering / pay to park etc

browellm

Oct 4, 2019
Notts
Drove back from Scotland to the East Midlands yesterday and had the misfortune of charging at Washington. What a miserable site.

Remembered to register with the obligatory thieving parking company, but awful signposting off the A1, poor V2 specs - max 130kW but rammed busy so realistically 60kW max. Spent the absolute minimum amount of time there before hopping to Ferrybridge for a quick splash and dash to get me home.

Drove back from Scotland to the East Midlands yesterday and had the misfortune of charging at Washington. What a miserable site.

Remembered to register with the obligatory thieving parking company, but awful signposting off the A1, poor V2 specs - max 130kW but rammed busy so realistically 60kW max. Spent the absolute minimum amount of time there before hopping to Ferrybridge for a quick splash and dash to get me home.
Had the misfortune of using Washington recently also. It really is dire. Just me and a local taxi there when I used it but it is a bleak place. The signage is poor as you said and I guessed lucky with the turn into it. Ferrybridge is 10x better.

Reactions: browellm
I charged at Sevenoaks today and the hotel car park has new cameras installed and signs stating registration needed for hotel guests and restaurant customers otherwise parking charges apply. Advised in the hotel that the cameras are not working yet but not clear whether registering in the hotel will be possible to avoid the charge once functioning.

I charged at Sevenoaks today and the hotel car park has new cameras installed and signs stating registration needed for hotel guests and restaurant customers otherwise parking charges apply. Advised in the hotel that the cameras are not working yet but not clear whether registering in the hotel will be possible to avoid the charge once functioning.
Someone on the owners group received a parking fine from the ANPR company (not sure who is managing it) so make sure you're registering at Sevenoaks now as it appears to be live.

Had the misfortune of using Washington recently also. It really is dire. Just me and a local taxi there when I used it but it is a bleak place. The signage is poor as you said and I guessed lucky with the turn into it. Ferrybridge is 10x better.
We are so lucky in Portugal and Spain. The majority of superchargers are at golf courses, boutique hotels and vineyards. A complete pleasure while you sip your coffee and visit the bathroom.

Someone on the owners group received a parking fine from the ANPR company (not sure who is managing it) so make sure you're registering at Sevenoaks now as it appears to be live.
I was there (first time) on Thursday afternoon. Another S man kindly informed me of the need to input at the hotel reception. This I did. 'Restaurant ' rather than 'Overnight' option.

On returning to my car, another driver was charging. I told him the story. He said he was a regular and never had a ticket!

I think I prefer the register!

Reactions: joexn

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC