Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got the mysterious kit from @FalconFour ! one month shipping by eBay's terrible global shipping program (GSP). I will never use GSP again!
Thank you @FalconFour again, I will report how it works here soon.

1649834259203.png

Can I ask what it cost to order via Harum?
So, they quoted $280 for the adapter (instead of $244 it should be according to today's exchange rate), $5 service fee and $39 shipping. This, and the fact that I need to give them my login credentials led me to search for a different method. I found a Korean proxy shipping service that gave me a Korean address to ship the adapter to. I will post an update when and if this approach works.

So, they quoted $280 for the adapter (instead of $244 it should be according to today's exchange rate), $5 service fee and $39 shipping. This, and the fact that I need to give them my login credentials led me to search for a different method. I found a Korean proxy shipping service that gave me a Korean address to ship the adapter to. I will post an update when and if this approach works.
This was my experience with Harum.io as well. You can change your Tesla password after they order, and I was fine with paying a little more for getting the adapter.

I thought about using another service that gives you a shipping address at a Korean warehouse so you can order it yourself to be sent there, then the service will pick it up and ship it to you. You can use Google translate to translate the Korean Tesla website to English and order the adapter yourself to the temporary warehouse address. I decided not to do that because I wasn't familiar with Korean addresses and didn't want to mess anything up.

Reactions: FalconFour and wlee
I'm ok with $280 to have more available charging locations. Going to look into this process. Already requested via their webpage, waiting for them to reach out to me.

4 total to Canada so far (you included :) ). Thanks for spreading the word though! 😄 I think as more people see it working, more people end up going for it... especially now knowing how fast CCS can be!
Petro-Canada seem to have 350 amps chargers. The only one I know that can output 500 amps is the Circuit Électrique one in Laval. I am goona test this one out this weekend

Reactions: wlee and DoubleDD
I created a video on charging my 2022 M3 LR with the Tesla CCS 1 Adapter. I was able to get 126kWh at a low state of charge at a PetroCan 350kW DC charger in Vancouver, BC.

Great video. I have to mention that the 'additional information' does not strictly imply you can you CCS or not, for example, my car in Taiwan does not show this option, but mine can use CCS. It still depends on which CP ECU you have.

Reactions: DoubleDD
Status
Not open for further replies.