Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Harumio is out of stock (oh no! Legit curious what happened), it still appears to be available directly from Tesla - and you can use the Delivered (re-shipping) technique instead: you sign up at Delivered to get an address (ignore all their instructions about ordering - they're wrong, don't use their "form"!), order the adapter directly on the Tesla Korea site, provide the address that Delivered gave you, and then when the adapter arrives at Delivered, you can (again, ignore their instructions... ask me how I know!) just select the package to be shipped to you, and pay for it there.

Yeah, they've got that dumb "please remember to submit the you buy, we ship form" link everywhere, but the only way you will get through this service WITHOUT a headache is to ignore it until it's given to you to fill. If you do it in advance (out of order, as instructed), it'll delay your shipment and make the website do weird things (like greying out the ability to ship the package for a day while they process it, it seems).

Tesla also never sends tracking (what's new? lol), so when it finally arrives, you'll just get an email from Delivered saying it arrived to them. So don't hold your breath for any order updates until it arrives - but it should, in about/less than a week.

It comes out slightly cheaper than Harumio, but it's the DIY approach. haha

Even if Harumio is out of stock (oh no! Legit curious what happened), it still appears to be available directly from Tesla - and you can use the Delivered (re-shipping) technique instead: you sign up at Delivered to get an address (ignore all their instructions about ordering - they're wrong, don't use their "form"!), order the adapter directly on the Tesla Korea site, provide the address that Delivered gave you, and then when the adapter arrives at Delivered, you can (again, ignore their instructions... ask me how I know!) just select the package to be shipped to you, and pay for it there.

Yeah, they've got that dumb "please remember to submit the you buy, we ship form" link everywhere, but the only way you will get through this service WITHOUT a headache is to ignore it until it's given to you to fill. If you do it in advance (out of order, as instructed), it'll delay your shipment and make the website do weird things (like greying out the ability to ship the package for a day while they process it, it seems).

Tesla also never sends tracking (what's new? lol), so when it finally arrives, you'll just get an email from Delivered saying it arrived to them. So don't hold your breath for any order updates until it arrives - but it should, in about/less than a week.

dang.. wish i didnt already order from harumio.. this seems faster and cheaper

dang.. wish i didnt already order from harumio.. this seems faster and cheaper
it's definitely not faster, and after you factor your frustration and time in, it's definitely not cheaper either, lol.

Harumio is definitely the way to go, imho. I went the Delivered route, and it gave me 2 weeks of sporadic frustration, vs. the seamless Amazon-like experience of Harumio. How much is your sanity worth? 🤣

Yeah, I was one of the first ones to order Harumio when they no longer required your Tesla account info, and it was truly the best way. Very happy I got my adapter and upgraded my 2018 TM3, and very happy I sold my CHAdeMO adapter for about what I got it for years before. Sure miss the days when eBay items didn't have sales tax on them, would have sold it at a profit.

it's definitely not faster, and after you factor your frustration and time in, it's definitely not cheaper either, lol.

Harumio is definitely the way to go, imho. I went the Delivered route, and it gave me 2 weeks of sporadic frustration, vs. the seamless Amazon-like experience of Harumio. How much is your sanity worth? 🤣
I tried to use the CC (a no foreign transaction fee CC) information on my US Tesla account on the Korean Tesla website (I logged in with my Tesla credentials to proceed to checkout), and it kept getting declined because of a "currency is not accepted by payment provider" (no attempts were actually made to charge the amount to my card). This makes no sense because I make international purchases using this card at other sites. Did you run into this issue to purchase the adapter from the Korea Tesla site?

I tried to use the CC (a no foreign transaction fee CC) information on my US Tesla account on the Korean Tesla website (I logged in with my Tesla credentials to proceed to checkout), and it kept getting declined because of a "currency is not accepted by payment provider" (no attempts were actually made to charge the amount to my card). This makes no sense because I make international purchases using this card at other sites. Did you run into this issue to purchase the adapter from the Korea Tesla site?
Oh yeah - international transactions are always a bit of a fragmented mess in US-based cards. Half my wallet won't work for international transactions, one is like "yeah works anywhere!" and it doesn't, and one (my CashApp card) actually legitimately works anywhere. 10/10 would recommend CashApp for anyone. :)

Had a really easy time getting a gen 4 ECU in Michigan. Installed it today, had an update queued, and restarted it after the update: CCS compatible now in my 2018 Model 3.

For the CCS1 adapter, I've tried every single card I have, and even tried a Korean VPN to no avail. I cannot purchase a CCS1 adapter from Tesla directly. I even tried a CashApp debit card as FalconFour alluded to, and this was rejected too. All I'm getting is a 400 error, payment declined. I could have sworn someone else posted with a specific rejection about foreign credit cards, but I wasn't able to see anything like that in the network log.

I also looked extensively into purchasing a Korean prepaid card, but you can only do so at physical bank locations there, specifically a BC Card gift card. There are others but I don't think they work with Tesla (T-money, Naname Card), and you purchase them at transit locations. I placed an order with Harum.io but now I am concerned they can't deliver (still showing as unfulfilled).

• Informative
Reactions: FalconFour
Got the ecu in NJ. My Harimo order just got cancelled.

Dear Customer

Thank you for ordering the CCS Combo 1 / CHAdeMO Adapter with us.

However, we regret to inform you that we currently do not have these in stock, and we are not sure when we will be able to restock them again.
We will be refunding your order, with the adapter case as well, if it is in your order.
Our finance department will be processing the refund the soonest.

We apologize for the circumstances, and we thank you for your kind understanding.
We will try our best to update you again once the item is in stock.

Do kindly ignore this email if you have received your order or if your order is already refunded.
Take care and stay well!

Sincerely,
Harumio

Reactions: VegasMYP

Dear Customer

However, we regret to inform you that we currently do not have these in stock, and we are not sure when we will be able to restock them again.
We will be refunding your order, with the adapter case as well, if it is in your order.

We apologize for the circumstances, and we thank you for your kind understanding.

Do kindly ignore this email if you have received your order or if your order is already refunded.
Take care and stay well!

Sincerely,
Harumio
Just received the same cancellation email from Harumio and I placed my ordered on July 12 ☹️

Dear Customer

Take care and stay well!

Sincerely,
Harumio

Placed my order July 5th and got the same email today.

When you shipped it to Delivered using the address provided how does it link that package I get sent to them to my Delivered account? Is there something specific you need to put in the delivery address To line like a customer number etc?

Just received the same cancellation email from Harumio and I placed my ordered on July 12 ☹️

stewart.gif

When you shipped it to Delivered using the address provided how does it link that package I get sent to them to my Delivered account? Is there something specific you need to put in the delivery address To line like a customer number etc?
Yeah - they provide you with your specific address, which contains a "suite" number specific to you. I would imagine they also match by name along with the suite, but otherwise just the suite is most important.

So, you use the address as they provided - which, by default, ought to include your name in the address as well.

Curious to see how this goes, if Tesla isn't canceling orders now... if payment will go through...

Reactions: ager01
Status
Not open for further replies.