Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: "Tesla readies revamped Model 3 with project 'Highland' -sources" [projected 3rd quarter 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% of drivers would use an instrument cluster if they had put one in.

Instead, a rear screen that is utterly useless to those who never have rear passengers.

Guarantee that rear screen is more $$$ to add than is saved by stalk removal.

I hope an aftermarket shifter solution becomes available, even if it’s a set of PRND push buttons. Swiping a screen when rocking a vehicle out of snow would suck.

I would be extremely pissed off if I had bought one only for it to be discontinued within weeks.
Not the first time they did this, and I'm also disappointed with the residual value of my older MS. I might end up not selling it, accept the accellerated depreciation and continue to drive it. At this rate I doubt the MS will ever see a new redesign.

Reactions: cdub
Looking at the specs on the Tesla site, the acceleration of the Highland update is a bit slower now for some reason, 6.1 vs 5.8 seconds for the RWD and 4.4 vs 4.2 for the LR. Weight is roughly the same so I wonder what has changed there...

PS also the boot has gained 33 liters of space some how

Looks like they dumped the trunk sub? Old vs New.
m3.JPG

Is the new 3 even legal in the USA? I thought you had to have lights visible in the rear with the trunk open?

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/buick-cascada-has-two-sets-taillights-275667#:~:text=Here's%20something%20you%20probably%20didn,%2C%20but%20I'm%20not.

The Lucid Air also has a second set of lights when the trunk is open. Project Highland doesn’t appear to…

View attachment 970038
The bumper trim has illuminated red lights. That’s how they stay legal

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
Look at the carwow video. They mention it and show the bottom rear lights operating (it even has fog lights).
I'm not entirely sure however if they are tall enough however, and there are rumors there will be changes to the car for the NA market (so far reveal only applies to China and Europe).
Must have missed it. Cheers. That really is low. Guess we’ll find out!

Look at the carwow video. They mention it and show the bottom rear lights operating (it even has fog lights).
I'm not entirely sure however if they are tall enough however, and there are rumors there will be changes to the car for the NA market (so far reveal only applies to China and Europe).
Doesn't it have to have lights there, or some form of static light, since the rear lights now all go with the trunk lid?

Doesn't it have to have lights there, or some form of static light, since the rear lights now all go with the trunk lid?
Yes, for the US market that is required, which was the whole discussion point! Basically, when the trunk is open there still needs to be lights, so manufacturers have to figure various ways to satisfy that when lights go with the trunk (for example adding secondary lights that are only visible with trunk open, or leaving some lights somewhere that don't move with the trunk, etc).

The question is if the bumper lights are high enough to satisfy requirements in the US. I guess we will see when the final US version is out.