TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

RN number just turned into VIN # - any clue on timing to delivery?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Nototrader, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

So I just noticed that I got a vin # today. Anybody have any clue how long before that actually becomes a real car? I need to make some preparations.

2. SCModelX

SCModelX Member

Curious. What was your sequence number, sig/production and build type (p90d, 7 seats etc)

3. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

I was reservation #28xx. Production. P90D. Every single option except for the 22" rims. I figure for $4500 extra, I can buy any wheels I want at any time. Didn't love that deal. I'm still up in the air about color. Chose midnight silver metallic. Not really a white or bright blue type of person. Didn't love the look of the black in pics. Still thinking if I should change to something else or maybe it's too late.

4. SigS905

SigS905 Sig S 905 + X 5

We were the fifth Model X order at the debut in February 2012. Our VIN is 1XX. Can't wait!

5. antruong4

antruong4 Member

I just got VIN as well: F00014X

Other info: Production Sequence #: 109X
    All Options, MC Red, Tan seats, CF decor, Light Headliner
    Delivery date: "soon"

6. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

Is everyone who got a VIN ordering a P90D? We are reservation # in upper 3,000, but ordering a non P version. (90D). Curious to see when those VINs start appearing....

7. MikeL

MikeL some guy

I confirmed P90D on Dec 8 from 3,660 place in line. No VIN yet

8. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

I confirmed my 90D on December 1st, with similar Reservation number. I also live in SLC. It will be interesting to see how much faster you get your P than my non-P.....

9. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

#9194, no VIN. Didn't expect Productions to have VIN's this early. All good news. Will have to watch to see if there is a day for the VINs to be issued. Monday invite to configure--Wednesday VIN Day??? Watching and waiting....

10. ModelX

ModelX Member

I confirmed mine also on Dec 1 from 1104, also a 90D

11. SCModelX

SCModelX Member

My VIN came 24 days after configuration, FYI (but all moving more rapidly now)

- - - Updated - - -

My VIN was there when I checked (WoooHooo)! I ordered the silver. I think the blue is cool, but flashy (for an already flashy car), white too Storm Trooper-ish, black/ midnight too hard to keep clean, red way too flashy. Silver, just right ;) Here is one spotted in the wild (also with white seats and black headliner... just like mine... nice to see after I pulled the trigger on an unknown color etc... but hey, it's only $137,000, right?!?!?!)

Silver Model X.png

12. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

My res# 37XX was confirmed on 12/2. Vin# low 200's issued today.:biggrin:

13. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

We confirmed December 14th, Production reservation 50xx, got VIN in mid 300s this afternoon. (Ordered a P90D with seven seats, no subzero pkg, no Ludicrous, California delivery.)

14. ssiegler

ssiegler Member

Just another data point from someone who had a VIN pop-up today.

Original RN: 47XX
    Confirmed: Dec 7 (automatically, I had a brief window with a confirm button, but it vanished)
    VIN: 00018X
    Options: P90D, most options but no Ludicrous, no tow-package

15. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

Originally : production res #1071

Confirmed : Dec. 1

VIN : 00013x (assigned 12/23)
    options: P90D (L) - everything except tow package (I chose whichever options would get me the car fastest).

where does one look to see the "Delivery Date"?

16. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Just the obvious comment observing that prod res in the 4K & 5ks have a VIN (low #) while those in the 1ks don't. I reserved in the 3ks cuz I wanted a car somewhere in that part of the sequence. Now, of course, I'm anxious and expecting to be much sooner in line, part of the reason I ordered a P. But no VIN yet. Who knows? Are they batching by region, color, - we know P90Ds first, right? Or do we? Have the cloth -no leather- seats set me back!!?

17. pvogel

pvogel Member

My reservation was 1651 and I have a VIN, ludicrous P90, leather, etc. I didn't get the sub zero package and I didn't get 22" wheels, that's about all I didn't spring for...

18. Alec

Alec Member

Sequence number 2,5xx, confirmed ASAP a few weeks ago and ordered P90 mostly for speedier delivery (ok. Might have ponied up anyway...but it made the decision a lot easier). No VIN yet, which is engendering a totally inappropriate level of disappointment on a Christmas morning. I have Tesla Bipolar Disorder (TBD) - I see a picture of someone's delivery or how much they love the X, I'm all rainbows and unicorns. I hear someone after me has a VIN and I don't, full blown paranoid crisis. Merry Christmas though! Helps to know most of you are the same!

19. SCModelX

SCModelX Member

I am also trying to make sense of it all. I'm production 14xx and now VIN 4xx (which I am thrilled to have), but I certainly spend way too much time trying to figure out how that might determine delivery!!!

- - - Updated - - -

From what I understand they will call you. I imagine emails happen too, but calls seem the be the most common notification. I have not heard of anyone seeing it in their "my tesla"

20. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

No Production delivery dates have been announced. According to one DS, they are building all of the Sigs, many of which have required a lot of tweaking and extended QA at the service centers. After they finish running the Sigs, they will shut down the line "for a short time" to adjust the robots and tweak the line, and then will begin running the production X's again. My WAG is that Production X deliveries will begin mid to late February.