Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN number just turned into VIN # - any clue on timing to delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious. What was your sequence number, sig/production and build type (p90d, 7 seats etc)

I was reservation #28xx. Production. P90D. Every single option except for the 22" rims. I figure for $4500 extra, I can buy any wheels I want at any time. Didn't love that deal. I'm still up in the air about color. Chose midnight silver metallic. Not really a white or bright blue type of person. Didn't love the look of the black in pics. Still thinking if I should change to something else or maybe it's too late.

#9194, no VIN. Didn't expect Productions to have VIN's this early. All good news. Will have to watch to see if there is a day for the VINs to be issued. Monday invite to configure--Wednesday VIN Day??? Watching and waiting....

#9194, no VIN. Didn't expect Productions to have VIN's this early. All good news. Will have to watch to see if there is a day for the VINs to be issued. Monday invite to configure--Wednesday VIN Day??? Watching and waiting....

My VIN came 24 days after configuration, FYI (but all moving more rapidly now)

- - - Updated - - -

I was reservation #28xx. Production. P90D. Every single option except for the 22" rims. I figure for $4500 extra, I can buy any wheels I want at any time. Didn't love that deal. I'm still up in the air about color. Chose midnight silver metallic. Not really a white or bright blue type of person. Didn't love the look of the black in pics. Still thinking if I should change to something else or maybe it's too late.

My VIN was there when I checked (WoooHooo)! I ordered the silver. I think the blue is cool, but flashy (for an already flashy car), white too Storm Trooper-ish, black/ midnight too hard to keep clean, red way too flashy. Silver, just right ;) Here is one spotted in the wild (also with white seats and black headliner... just like mine... nice to see after I pulled the trigger on an unknown color etc... but hey, it's only $137,000, right?!?!?!)

Silver Model X.png

Just the obvious comment observing that prod res in the 4K & 5ks have a VIN (low #) while those in the 1ks don't. I reserved in the 3ks cuz I wanted a car somewhere in that part of the sequence. Now, of course, I'm anxious and expecting to be much sooner in line, part of the reason I ordered a P. But no VIN yet. Who knows? Are they batching by region, color, - we know P90Ds first, right? Or do we? Have the cloth -no leather- seats set me back!!?

Just the obvious comment observing that prod res in the 4K & 5ks have a VIN (low #) while those in the 1ks don't. I reserved in the 3ks cuz I wanted a car somewhere in that part of the sequence. Now, of course, I'm anxious and expecting to be much sooner in line, part of the reason I ordered a P. But no VIN yet. Who knows? Are they batching by region, color, - we know P90Ds first, right? Or do we? Have the cloth -no leather- seats set me back!!?

My reservation was 1651 and I have a VIN, ludicrous P90, leather, etc. I didn't get the sub zero package and I didn't get 22" wheels, that's about all I didn't spring for...

Sequence number 2,5xx, confirmed ASAP a few weeks ago and ordered P90 mostly for speedier delivery (ok. Might have ponied up anyway...but it made the decision a lot easier). No VIN yet, which is engendering a totally inappropriate level of disappointment on a Christmas morning. I have Tesla Bipolar Disorder (TBD) - I see a picture of someone's delivery or how much they love the X, I'm all rainbows and unicorns. I hear someone after me has a VIN and I don't, full blown paranoid crisis. Merry Christmas though! Helps to know most of you are the same!

Sequence number 2,5xx, confirmed ASAP a few weeks ago and ordered P90 mostly for speedier delivery (ok. Might have ponied up anyway...but it made the decision a lot easier). No VIN yet, which is engendering a totally inappropriate level of disappointment on a Christmas morning. I have Tesla Bipolar Disorder (TBD) - I see a picture of someone's delivery or how much they love the X, I'm all rainbows and unicorns. I hear someone after me has a VIN and I don't, full blown paranoid crisis. Merry Christmas though! Helps to know most of you are the same!

I am also trying to make sense of it all. I'm production 14xx and now VIN 4xx (which I am thrilled to have), but I certainly spend way too much time trying to figure out how that might determine delivery!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally : production res #1071

Confirmed : Dec. 1

VIN : 00013x (assigned 12/23)
options: P90D (L) - everything except tow package (I chose whichever options would get me the car fastest).

where does one look to see the "Delivery Date"?

From what I understand they will call you. I imagine emails happen too, but calls seem the be the most common notification. I have not heard of anyone seeing it in their "my tesla"

No Production delivery dates have been announced. According to one DS, they are building all of the Sigs, many of which have required a lot of tweaking and extended QA at the service centers. After they finish running the Sigs, they will shut down the line "for a short time" to adjust the robots and tweak the line, and then will begin running the production X's again. My WAG is that Production X deliveries will begin mid to late February.