Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Trip - BNE -> Perisher!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few of us have used Cooma showground. I sent an email asking if there was any problem with us using it or if there was any way they wanted us to pay. I got a reply saying they would get back to me, but that was about 6 months ago. So it's only on the slack group map and not plugshare because it's status isn't really clear.

• Informative
Reactions: RichardMcN
Awesome - so that means they've got the required adaptors available for us?
I noticed they've got Tesla Model S Listed as supported, does that just mean they've got the cable to go from that crazy looking charger box they use?

Yes, at the wetlands centre they have the correct adapter that you require to use the charging station with a Tesla. Obviously you need to arrive and leave during business hours to borrow it from the office and always wise to call in advance in case for some reason the cable/charger is damaged.

Cool, I've just got one more question - something I'm not clear on.

So I've got the 32A and 20A tails coming, assuming I get my hands on the euro converter in time, what is the approx max charge rate of this setup with the UMC? 11kw = about 55km/h? So that is the max with the UMC?

Whereas if I fork out for dual chargers, and the EVSE you can double that?

Last stupid question - the "dual" chargers are all internal correct? I am assuming there isn't a requirement to plug 2 x chargers in, and that it just splits internally as most of the diagrams seem to show?

Cool, I've just got one more question - something I'm not clear on.

So I've got the 32A and 20A tails coming, assuming I get my hands on the euro converter in time, what is the approx max charge rate of this setup with the UMC? 11kw = about 55km/h? So that is the max with the UMC?

Whereas if I fork out for dual chargers, and the EVSE you can double that?

Last stupid question - the "dual" chargers are all internal correct? I am assuming there isn't a requirement to plug 2 x chargers in, and that it just splits internally as most of the diagrams seem to show?
11 kw and 55 km/h are the limits for a single charger and dual chargers (all internal) doubles that for things like the EVSE and Tesla 3 phase wall charger. UMC can be made to handle more but would probably experience RUD.

With the increasing number of superchargers and CHAdeMO, unless you are heading to the Alice or somewhere similar, dual chargers are overkill.

Me too, and I've looked at the same route. Maybe Ballina Day Surgery as well (3 phase Tesla charger?)
Any estimates of charge rate for Ballina Day Surgery?

I picked up my 70D last Friday and am getting approx 62km per hr on my 3 Phase at home. (standard charger on refresh model with 16amp output from wall connector)

Am planning to use as top up at Ballina before Port then Wetlands in Newcastle before Sydney.

3 phase charge rate.jpg

Any estimates of charge rate for Ballina Day Surgery?

I picked up my 70D last Friday and am getting approx 62km per hr on my 3 Phase at home. (standard charger on refresh model with 16amp output from wall connector)

Am planning to use as top up at Ballina before Port then Wetlands in Newcastle before Sydney.

View attachment 189189
I suggest you change from 'Range' to 'Typical'; it's more (well) typical :D

Chademo adapters are generally in stock in Sydney, but only useful for Brisbane, Perth and Canberra (also need RFID card Canberra and Perth) as the superchargers in Sydney and Melb are pretty well twice the speed.
32A 3-phase (showgrounds etc) is totally different and requires a 3rd party adapter e.g. Evnomics.
You might be able to skip the ChaDeMo in Canberra, just drive from Goulburn SC to your destination in the snow (~300km). If you're there for a few days your UMC should do the trick, or the Thredbo Alpine hotel has a destination charger if you're staying there.
If that feels too tight you could have a long lunch at one of the destination charger hotels in Canberra.

Concern: Supply euro 5 pin adapter
Pay Type: Customer Pay
MISC Items: NO LABOR PERFORMED
Part Quantity Unit Price
ASY,UA,A,415V3,016A,TMC002I016M3PNE6 (1024110-02-A) 1.00 157.27 157.27
Total Labor & Miscellaneous Items 0.00

$195 including express shipping

Concern: Supply euro 5 pin adapter
Pay Type: Customer Pay
MISC Items: NO LABOR PERFORMED
Part Quantity Unit Price
ASY,UA,A,415V3,016A,TMC002I016M3PNE6 (1024110-02-A) 1.00 157.27 157.27