Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen on my non sport 210 kw but in standard mode after driving 1/2 h in not so hot wether
i know it can make better if i fully charge it in a 60a charge in hotter weather without usinge the A/C
have not checked so manny times exakly becse it easy to bottom the analoge meter
And it have the orignal battery

And for that matter, if the Roadster really is putting out more power with the new battery, has anyone seen if the 0-60 or quarter mile times have improved?

I intended to go back to Pacific Raceways after I got my 3.0 battery to test exactly this, but I got busy with some trips and didn't work it into my schedule before the weather turned bad. I was out there this past July for a few 1/4-mile runs, just before I took my Roadster in for the upgrade. It's now looking like I won't be able to do this testing until next spring.:(

I have seen on my non sport 210 kw but in standard mode after driving 1/2 h in not so hot wether
i know it can make better if i fully charge it in a 60a charge in hotter weather without usinge the A/C
have not checked so manny times exakly becse it easy to bottom the analoge meter
And it have the orignal battery
Yeah, I think that's about what I remember, too.

My 243 kW was in similar conditions: standard charge (which is more like 80% than 90% with the 3.0 battery), then driving some off of that, and a cool November Seattle day. I expect that a performance mode charge (100% capacity, warm battery) would do better.

So...probably 15% more power. Not too shabby!

Hi Dave. Noticed that your post says you've got the 3.0 battery upgrade installed. Was this installed in your #181 1.5? I have #311 1.5, and thought that the 3.0 battery upgrade wouldn't work with the 1.5 cars. Please clarify for me, if you don't mind.
Carl, initially in 2015 when the 3.0 battery upgrade went online in the Tesla Store it showed that it was only for 2.0/2.5 models. That was changed a few months later.

I have a 1.5 and got my 3.0 battery installed last June.

Carl, initially in 2015 when the 3.0 battery upgrade went online in the Tesla Store it showed that it was only for 2.0/2.5 models. That was changed a few months later.
I have a 1.5 and got my 3.0 battery installed last June.

Thanks ecarfan, DaveD, and AEdennis. That's great news, should I ever need it. A few questions, if any of you know:

1. Any idea how long Tesla plans to keep it available? I don't anticipate needing it for a few years.

2. How much weight did it add? From what I've read from Tesla, they indicate it's heavier, but not by how much. More importantly, can you notice the extra weight?

3. What indicated ranges do you see in standard charging and in extended range?

4. How long did they have your car during the exchange?

5. Was the total cost exactly $29k (plus tax, I assume)?

Anybody know how to find out where one stands in the line ( que) for the upgrade? My deposit went in early this year but nobody at either Rockville or Tempe seem to know how the scheduling works. One guy in Tempe told me they " only do two battery rebuilds at a time" and must wait for old battery to be shipped in before shipping rebuild out. Sounds scary since that means long wait.

Anybody know how to find out where one stands in the line ( que) for the upgrade? My deposit went in early this year but nobody at either Rockville or Tempe seem to know how the scheduling works. One guy in Tempe told me they " only do two battery rebuilds at a time" and must wait for old battery to be shipped in before shipping rebuild out. Sounds scary since that means long wait.

The wait is long at this point. I made my deposit on 9/9/2015 and I'm scheduled for 11/29/2016 for the installation. I did not hear anything until 3 weeks before the scheduled date. I do not know of any list to determine where you stand in queue.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
I think I got that range number once or twice. Have not seen anything higher posted.
IMG_1228.JPG

@nrp in another thread somewhere I believe a post was made claiming a 351 Ideal Range charge on a 3.0 battery.

Mine maxed out at 346 when new last June but now only goes to about 343. Just like the S/X, there is typically at least a 1% degradation in the first 6-12 months.
The word "only" just doesn't work in front of "343" mile range!

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3
From my house in Santa Barbara to my son's place in Hillsborough is 300 miles. Currently my car range charges to 228 miles--but I get about 190 real miles at freeway speeds--and that is using the last electron! (I limit to 65 mph if I need to.) I wonder real mileage you all get at freeway speeds? My guess is I won't be able to make that 300 real mile journey in one charge--which is what I was hoping the large battery would allow me to do.