Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[QUOTE=" Anyone ever hear of req for battery to be discharged?" [/QUOTE]

I knew about that. It's because they're not allowed to ship the cells if they have too high of a level of charge. I didn't charge my car the night before taking it in, and even so it took a couple of hours of running the heat to get it to the point where they could do the work.

Back today. I have pics of the labels. I held up on the badge install, they said they would take off the Roadster Sport script, and I thanked them for asking and had them just give me the badge. Its a simple "M80". Does anybody know what exactly Tesla wanted the badging to look like? Locations? Pics?

Report was that it charges to 335 Ideal. On arrival it had 331. One very minor thing I noticed was that the No Regen icon was lighted but in fact I got some regen. It slowed some and the meter went over to the left a bit. And that continued for the trip into work. I remember before that no regen light meant no regen at all, I think. No biggie.

Accel seems just as good as I remember.

Back today. I have pics of the labels. I held up on the badge install, they said they would take off the Roadster Sport script, and I thanked them for asking and had them just give me the badge. Its a simple "M80". Does anybody know what exactly Tesla wanted the badging to look like? Locations? Pics?
My badge says "R80", not "M80"? Anyway, when the tech came to install the badge he said the template was the same as the one for the Roadster Sport badge, so it goes in exactly the same place. But by reversing the template it would be easy to put the upgrade badge on the left instead of the right (it's just a piece of paper with a rectangular hole...).

Sorry, no picture. I thought someone had already posted something higher than 348 anyways. The point I was making to Bifff67 is that his range charge numbers will probably increase from what he saw when he first picked the car up.

Yes, I got your point about the increasing range (initially).

It's just that @dpeilow likes to explode tiny minds, and yours would've helped that effort, since it's above the 346 miles that I posted. :)

Report was that it charges to 335 Ideal. On arrival it had 331. One very minor thing I noticed was that the No Regen icon was lighted but in fact I got some regen. It slowed some and the meter went over to the left a bit. And that continued for the trip into work. I remember before that no regen light meant no regen at all, I think.

My badge says "R80". I'm sure you simply mis-typed. There are pics of R80 badges upthread.

My max range at 100% charge was initially at 336. Now it is 334-335. I've done several 100% charges, including yesterday and right now in preparation for a long drive.

The question of what to do about the Sport script has been posed before and basically it is up to you. The S and X have the battery size number on the right. That is where Tesla put my R80 script. That doesn't mean you have to do that.

Does anyone know how long 3.0 will be available, or perhaps the question is "when is too late to get the 3.0 battery upgrade"? All these > 300 numbers are making me jealous ;)
Know one on TMC can know that unless they are secretly a member of upper Tesla management and the decision as to when to terminate availability of the 3.0 battery has been made. And I doubt that Tesla has made such a decision internally.

It seems reasonable to me to conclude that probably the 3.0 battery will be available "for some years" into the future.

Last week I had work in Willits, CA, a 154 mile trip from my house. Having the 3.0 battery made that trip easy; I charged to about 340 Ideal Miles (just a few miles short of 100%) and got there with 60 miles of range left without ever putting the car into Range Mode and going about 5+ over the speed limit the whole way. On the way home I arrived with 100 miles of range left after charging overnight to 334 Ideal Miles (there is a significant net elevation loss in that direction).

I noticed that with the 3.0 upgrade that the little power meter on the VDS is showing as much as 243 kW (about 325) when accelerating in performance mode (but with a standard mode charge). I don't recall what that number was with the old battery, but I think it was quite a bit lower.

At least, the Roadster Wikipedia page says that max power is 185kW for a non-sport like mine, and 215kW for a Sport, though I'm pretty sure I've seen better.

Does anyone remember/can check on what the VDS reads during hard acceleration with the original battery?

And for that matter, if the Roadster really is putting out more power with the new battery, has anyone seen if the 0-60 or quarter mile times have improved?