Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster - new options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even though they are busy ramping up the Model S production, and quickly growing the vehicle service center locations, it is good to hear they are working on further improvements and upgrades for the cars. If /when they offer upgraded power components for the Roadster, it could be very interesting. Eventually many batteries will need rebuild service. At that time, battery tech will be significantly stronger.

I can imagine upgraded electric drive parts to deliver much faster acceleration, fast charging, etc, all as a super performance upgrade package. Those who do not give up their Roadsters to buy a Model S, can upgrade them to the Ultra Roadster Sport!

Last edited:
Please don't take this as an Eyore moment, but the Roadster TOTAL (all model years) production amounts to only 4 or 5 weeks of next year's Model S production. I don't see how Tesla's attention could ever reasonably be expected to be diverted to produce much of anything for Roadster owners. The car is out of production, never to be repeated ... Ever. I expect almost nothing apart from "good will" battery pack development with newer technology, if available.

If one is expecting a big group hug from Tesla toward Roadster owners, one is expecting more than am I.

W8MM I can understand why you'd be doubtful, but several of us have seen evidence that the rumored Roadster upgrades are real. Unfortunately we had to promise not to say anything about them.

cmon we are your Roadster Brothers & Sisters you can tell us :wink:

The only thing I have heard was from Bonnie's post, were she actually saw the app etc. I was hoping the app would be out by now (but there are a few aftermarket OVMS' that can replace it). If Tesla ends up not doing these upgrades, I am sure there will be a healthy aftermarket that develops.

Even though I think it would be great, I wouldn't expect the kind of performance upgrades that driver_EV is dreaming of.

I can imagine upgraded electric drive parts to deliver much faster acceleration, fast charging, etc, all as a super performance upgrade package. Those who do not give up their Roadsters to buy a Model S, can upgrade them to the Ultra Roadster Sport!

Too bad there's no way to invest in it. :)

There is an American company, Zoltek (ZOLT), that specializes in carbon fiber for multiple applications. Not sure if this comment (and further discussion) should be moved to the "General investing ideas, interesting high risk stocks" section.

http://www.zoltek.com/company/about-zoltek/

Disclaimer : I neither work for now or have ever worked for ZOLT, its sub suppliers, or any of its customers. Nothing I've said here should be construed as a suggestion to buy its stock.

Last edited:
several of us have seen evidence that the rumored Roadster upgrades are real. Unfortunately we had to promise not to say anything about them.

Yep. Frustrating, isn't it?

But, this is really dragging out too long. Too many rumors and too little facts for four months now. I really think it is time for Tesla to release some of this stuff, or at least formally promise it. I guess they're kind of busy with the Model S at the moment...