Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster - new options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Martin E. had said he wanted an all CF Roadster from the beginning, but apparently they had trouble getting large parts to produce good weave pattern.
If you bend the CF around corners and odd shapes sometimes it can end up with ripples and uneven pattern that doesn't look good.
Unless they came up with an improved process, they might have to throw away a lot of "near miss" parts to get a low yield of acceptable parts.
Doable, but it makes the good ones very expensive.

The 'near miss' part could head to the paint bin instead of the clear coat bin.

Interesting. I've got the JVC unit. I never use the nav (nav without a capacitive touchscreen is just an exercise in frustration, and my Galaxy Nexus does a far, far better job than any built-in or head unit currently do), the iPod integration works really well with the new-er iPod classic (160GB black), and I never use FM or sat (why? painful sound quality!), and the bluetooth integration with my Android is good, but could be better. I always thought the JVC got a bad rap, because I've yet to see a head unit that did the critical things I think a head unit should do (touchscreen nav w/ Google maps, search, and directions, preferably with voice input too, rock solid bluetooth, dead-on iPod integration, and, these days, some sort of 3/4G based internet connection w/ Google Music, iTunes, Pandora, etc. integration) to be worth switching away from something perfectly serviceable (though with really butt-headed shortcomings - no music volume speed adjust?!?).

We shall see.