Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster on Top Gear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the other hand even if Tesla doesn't win the suit they are getting a lot of free press to tell their side of the story, which may be all they are really after in the end. Sure they'd like to stop TG from repeating the nonsense but even if that fails they've gotten many opportunities to get the truth out there.

Felix, to the best of my knowledge, there is no autobahn in Great Britain thus Clarkson's real world will be the same as mine.

that's exactly what I mean. the real world is different in different places and therefore your now garden gnome is my weekend thrasher with out fear because my real world is different than yours and clarksons is different again. this is my fear for the suit

cheers. :)

That's the way I see it JRP...we should all attempt to take advantage of this...any scribbler who calls himself an auto reviewer can easily be shown the "Top Gear 55 mile farce" by us (the community of Roadster owners)...all we have to do is simply offer up an extended ride in our vehicles to these scribes to prove to them and the viewing public that TG is full of crap...

On the other hand even if Tesla doesn't win the suit they are getting a lot of free press to tell their side of the story, which may be all they are really after in the end. Sure they'd like to stop TG from repeating the nonsense but even if that fails they've gotten many opportunities to get the truth out there.

Felix, to the best of my knowledge, there is no autobahn in Great Britain thus Clarkson's real world will be the same as mine.

you are absolutely right! but it's only a hop skip and a jump in his petrol head car. and much more planing in a roadster.......... due to the wait anxiety he will get at the, probably 6hr, charging stop he will have to take probably between bruxlless and Spa, long before he has even gotten to his favored autobahn.......just more planning as long as we do not have access to quick charging stations yet............ this is also by the way why they like the Honda clarity: no wait anxiety. they do not consider the expense of changing the current infrastructure for that tech etc etc......

(sigh)...you're splitting hairs Felix...

you are absolutely right! but it's only a hop skip and a jump in his petrol head car. and much more planing in a roadster.......... due to the wait anxiety he will get at the, probably 6hr, charging stop he will have to take probably between bruxlless and Spa, long before he has even gotten to his favored autobahn.......just more planning as long as we do not have access to quick charging stations yet............ this is also by the way why they like the Honda clarity: no wait anxiety. they do not consider the expense of changing the current infrastructure for that tech etc etc......

I think the plan is this: Settle the suit in exchange for the promise of a fair review of the Model S. This will be arranged as something like a London-Edinburgh run, which JC will drive at 90+MPH in order to increase the power useage and reduce the range. TM then send the log files to the authorities... ;-)

...and the magistrate awards JC with a levy of 3000 hours of community service work for his speeding & past TG transgressions...:biggrin::wink:

I think the plan is this: Settle the suit in exchange for the promise of a fair review of the Model S. This will be arranged as something like a London-Edinburgh run, which JC will drive at 90+MPH in order to increase the power useage and reduce the range. TM then send the log files to the authorities... ;-)

I did a track day yesterday and had a ton of fun.
The track has two Nema 14-50 outlets ( that I donated to them and they installed ), so I plugged in whenever I wasn't driving.

There was a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo there, he had to fill up with gas 3 times that day.

This was one occasion when the electric Roadster could be MORE convenient than the gas powered car, because I did not have to leave the track to fill up.
My inconvenience was plugging and unplugging the car 10 extra times at about 5 seconds each. His was 3 gas fillups at 10 minutes each.

The track has two Nema 14-50 outlets ( that I donated to them and they installed ), so I plugged in whenever I wasn't driving.

There was a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo there, he had to fill up with gas 3 times that day.

This was one occasion when the electric Roadster could be MORE convenient than the gas powered car, because I did not have to leave the track to fill up.
My inconvenience was plugging and unplugging the car 10 extra times at about 5 seconds each. His was 3 gas fillups at 10 minutes each.

That's awesome. Imagine if the Roadster supported DC fast charging. That definitely would beat the ICE cars unless they had their own onsite gas station.

i wonder if they have a gas-station near the top-gear track!
would be funny seeing running them dry, and push their car to it! (hope it's miles away)
I think they would rather run dry in the tesla and push it to the nearest plug ! (in the hangar) :D