Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got mine back from the detailer. He put the spoiler on for me along with PPF and ceramic coating. He said it was easy to put it on. Here are couple of images.

Attachments

• BA806879-AD9D-4839-BACF-476BE2DF61D3.jpeg
    BA806879-AD9D-4839-BACF-476BE2DF61D3.jpeg
    702.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 55D1DCDC-8CB7-42FC-8447-54CC014170D6.jpeg
    55D1DCDC-8CB7-42FC-8447-54CC014170D6.jpeg
    603.8 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: TD_alseT
Is RPM really that bad? I was thinking of buying the spoiler and a few other things - I'm close enough to show up at their office to pick things up though.

If you're close enough to pick up your items, it may be a different story. But these days, when it takes 2 weeks to PROCESS your order... not SHIP... but PROCESS, sorry that isn't going to cut it. I would know because I waited a month for my spoiler from them before I had them cancel the order. It was either that or have my credit card company deal with them.

I had no issues or major delays with RPM Tesla as well. It took about 2 weeks from order to delivery (east coast). I keep forgetting to take photos for everyone, but it's been raining the last two weeks here. I'll try to get one of the spoiler and mirror covers later today or tomorrow after I do a wash.

~Paik

Last edited:
Reactions: Driver X
For my white model 3, should I get matte or glossy?

Btw, the spoiler doesn’t feel cheap, does it? I’ve never seen the real thing.

Totally personal preference. Matte if you want to pass off as a stock Tesla spoiler except upon close inspection.

I got glossy cuz the rest of the car is glossy. I also happen to prefer it's shape the most.

It was way better quality than I expected, but it's not perfect. My biggest complaint is that it's not a perfectly smooth finish. There's an even pattern of waves (bumps?) across the whole spoiler. The real Tesla one is perfectly smooth. Smooth like a glass window, but with a matte finish. The RPM one, if you get it right at eye level and you look across, you can see it's not perfectly smooth. It's not horrible or anything, but it's there. The fact that it's several hundred dollars cheaper than it's nearest competitor, or over $1,000 (likely) compared to what Tesla would charge if they ever offered it on its own, makes me feel it's totally fine and not worth paying more for a perfectly smooth finish. It's not that noticeable. One of those things where most people would never notice unless you pointed it out, but a super anal person would probably spot from about a foot away.

What about gloss vs matte for MSM? Don't care whether it is close to OEM or not in terms of finish but rather which one goes better with MSM.

It's similar in terms of personal preference. On MSM, gloss will blend in more. Will be a lot harder to see because the colors will be close and the glossy finish will mean it blends in more with the glossy paint. Matte, by virtue of having a different finish, will stand out more. Do you want it to stand out, or blend in?

Personally, on MSM, I'd get matte. On white, the color alone makes it stand out, so I got glossy to have the finish match my paint and glass.

I've seen it on white, red, blue, MSM, and the light silver. It's possible I saw a Model 3 with a RPM spoiler in black, but that blends in so much, I don't recall it. I'd say glossy on white, blue, and red (maybe matte on red too if you're trying for the P3D look). Matte on MSM. For the light silver, I think it looks good either way. I'm sure the Bay Area is the same, but in certain areas of SoCal, it's crawling with Model 3s and RPM Tesla has apparently been selling a ton of spoilers (they're based in SoCal too). I'd also say the pictures you see on the internet give you a good idea. It's not as necessary to see it in person, unless you're looking for the wavy texture I was talking about. That never shows up on pictures really. You have to see that in person.

Last edited: